Team India attitude

Vk1

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

India beat them 6-0 or something in this seriea. They cried and left before the 7th match. Was it this series ? Hehe Yuvi used to like them then a lot.

Watch Dhoni's numbers as Yuvraj's innings continues blossoming lol It is going at steady rate. A good batting surface Dhoni was subdued even then. Yuvraj was doing all the leg work. It was way back then. DHoni misses the guys who could do that job for him. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
4 hours ago, putrevus said:

I will take Dhoni over Pandya anyday even now. I know Dhoni will win low scoring matches atleast.

Y just dhoni take jadega and rayadu as well. You are infected with same delusion which kohli is that is the reason india is going with old man xi .you are the one who was rooting for pant(not that I don't want him) may I know what pant has done so far atleast pandya had man of the series against aus, why this hypocrisy.

17 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Y just dhoni take jadega and rayadu as well. You are infected with same delusion which kohli is that is the reason india is going with old man xi .you are the one who was rooting for pant(not that I don't want him) may I know what pant has done so far atleast pandya had man of the series against aus, why this hypocrisy.

I was rooting for Pant that does not mean I think Pandya is going to be great. Pant is bonafide player who should have been in the world squad.

The difference between Pant and Pandya is their caliber, Pant is legtimate batsman who has ability to score test 100s in Australia and England.I am not against Pandya but I just don't think he is capable to be difference maker.I don't mind if I am proven wrong by Pandya's performances.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

I was rooting for Pant that does not mean I think Pandya is going to be great. Pant is bonafide player who should have been in the world squad.

The difference between Pant and Pandya is their caliber, Pant is legtimate batsman who has ability to score test 100s in Australia and England.I am not against Pandya but I just don't think he is capable to be difference maker.I don't mind if I am proven wrong by Pandya's performances.

Evidence that pant is bonfire player and pandya is not in odi? Why you bring test stats to justify his presence in odi so far the chances which he got in odi and heck even t20 doesn't shows he should be in world squad,if I go by your mindset of selection. Secondly talking of test performance only test which india won in eng is due to pandya due to his all-rounder performance he has a 90 in sa. He also has a test 100 against sl and wi in addition to that he has mos against aus in odi , several motm in odis against different team, heck even only pressure cooker final which he played at world level he played a blinder whereas biletral king choker kohli got out shamelessly twice on 2 balls. Having said this I am in full support of pant to be in squad but I was just trying to expose your hypocrisy where you are supporting one youngster and discarding another.

Edited by bahubali
15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yuvi is probably nowhere he was before. But he was the most intimidating batsman for India alongwith Sehwag.  The dismissive shots against seamers breath taking. He hardly has follow through, he hardly loses balance.He thrashed the Australian bowling in his debut ODI. He looked the part.  We don't have that intimidating factor anymore. Pandya has to achieve more to be called intimidating.

The batting lineup of that era had dashers like Sehwag,Yuvi,Raina as well as steady batsmen who could up the tempo like Sachin,GG.How on earth the likes of Rayudu,Jadhav came to be their successors.   

38 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

The batting lineup of that era had dashers like Sehwag,Yuvi,Raina as well as steady batsmen who could up the tempo like Sachin,GG.How on earth the likes of Rayudu,Jadhav came to be their successors.   

Even DHoni used to be a dangerous middle order batsman until he became the captain. It was such a scary line up. With this 4 player  power play from 10th to 40th, 2 new ball they would have definitely achieved 500 runs.

7 hours ago, bahubali said:

Evidence that pant is bonfire player and pandya is not in odi? Why you bring test stats to justify his presence in odi so far the chances which he got in odi and heck even t20 doesn't shows he should be in world squad,if I go by your mindset of selection. Secondly talking of test performance only test which india won in eng is due to pandya due to his all-rounder performance he has a 90 in sa. He also has a test 100 against sl and wi in addition to that he has mos against aus in odi , several motm in odis against different team, heck even only pressure cooker final which he played at world level he played a blinder whereas biletral king choker kohli got out shamelessly twice on 2 balls. Having said this I am in full support of pant to be in squad but I was just trying to expose your hypocrisy where you are supporting one youngster and discarding another.

I bring tests as he has not played many Odis.He is 21 and already has India's bestever overseas batting performance by a WK by long distance.He has played less tests than Pandya and shown more with bat than him.Pandya if needs to be a long term option for team India has to improve leaps and bounds in batting to become India's no6.India appeared more balanced without him in Australian test series.

I am not against Pandya but as I said many times, he does not appear to have improved although he has been around for more than two years.He is must in odis for this Indian lineup.I just hope his bowling has improved, he is going to be India's third seamer.

Other major thing going against Pant is Dhoni, Pant is going to compared to him everytime he walks on to the field.Moronic selectors/media want Pant to be Dhoni after playing 5 odis.How is it fair on Pant. Pandya has no such thing looming on his head.Pandya has been given free reign by the TM.It was/is upto him to become a mainstay for this team in all formats.

Edited by putrevus
56 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I bring tests as he has not played many Odis.He is 21 and already has India's bestever overseas batting performance by a WK by long distance.He has played less tests than Pandya and shown more with bat than him.Pandya if needs to be a long term option for team India has to improve leaps and bounds in batting to become India's no6.India appeared more balanced without him in Australian test series.

I am not against Pandya but as I said many times, he does not appear to have improved although he has been around for more than two years.He is must in odis for this Indian lineup.I just hope his bowling has improved, he is going to be India's third seamer.

Other major thing going against Pant is Dhoni, Pant is going to compared to him everytime he walks on to the field.Moronic selectors/media want Pant to be Dhoni after playing 5 odis.How is it fair on Pant. Pandya has no such thing looming on his head.Pandya has been given free reign by the TM.It was/is upto him to become a mainstay for this team in all formats.

How do you say that he has performed much better than pandya . Just on the back of 2 centuries on 2 of the most flattest pitch on the series. More over he looked complete clueless in few of the odi or t20 matches which he played for india.  He has only performed in last match of eng series where your  another nemesis rahul also made century and in aus where he scored century we piled up close to 700 not to mention we lost one test and drew other. Where as pandya 60 odd and 5 wkt won us an overseas match and brought back in the series. Also Why you keep saying pandya dint do anything in odi where as  he already have man of the series against aus and lot of man of the matches and performanced at pressure cooker situation just being with team for 2 years. Also his recent performance during ipl have shown he improved leaps and bounds in his batting. So not sure why you are ignoring  his odi performances which I mentioned in previous or this quote. By no token he is failure as you claims to be also by no token pant should have ignored as he is young and have shown potential but not same way as you claimed that some bonafide.

3 minutes ago, bahubali said:

How do you say that he has performed much better than pandya . Just on the back of 2 centuries on 2 of the most flattest pitch on the series. More over he looked complete clueless in few of the odi or t20 matches which he played for india.  He has only performed in last match of eng series where your  another nemesis rahul also made century and in aus where he scored century we piled up close to 700 not to mention we lost one test and drew other. Where as pandya 60 odd and 5 wkt won us an overseas match and brought back in the series. Also Why you keep saying pandya dint do anything in odi where as  he already have man of the series against aus and lot of man of the matches and performanced at pressure cooker situation just being with team for 2 years. Also his recent performance during ipl have shown he improved leaps and bounds in his batting. So not sure why you are ignoring  his odi performances which I mentioned in previous or this quote. By no token he is failure as you claims to be also by no token pant should have ignored as he is young and have shown potential but not same way as you claimed that some bonafide.

Don't you think India ever played on flat tracks before, has any Indian keeper scored 100 in any overseas test in England and Australia.Rahul is proper batsmen so he will compared to other batsmen.

Pandya won MOS in India again Australia in 2017 .I know that fact.

Pant IMO needs to be given free reign and let him do his thing he will blossom into one of the biggest match winners India ever had, he is that kind of talent.

Pandya is 26 and I don't think he has upper ceiling like Pant. Thats my opinion, but for this world cup Pandya becomes most pivotal player in dictating this team's fortunes.He is going to be the third seamer and his cameos will play a vital in converting so so scores into a good one.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Don't you think India ever played on flat tracks before, has any Indian keeper scored 100 in any overseas test in England and Australia.Rahul is proper batsmen so he will compared to other batsmen.

Pandya won MOS in India again Australia in 2017 .I know that fact.

Pant IMO needs to be given free reign and let him do his thing he will blossom into one of the biggest match winners India ever had, he is that kind of talent.

Pandya is 26 and I don't think he has upper ceiling like Pant. Thats my opinion, but for this world cup Pandya becomes most pivotal player in dictating this team's fortunes.He is going to be the third seamer and his cameos will play a vital in converting so so scores into a good one.

So how many all-rounder after kapil has given performance like pandya or let's say how mNy all-rounder have you seen after kapil. All-rounder worth in gold one hand you say we don't have anyone who can bowl some over and when you have one you complain . He is 26 only not 36 be patient he has already shown what he is capable of also when you talk about mos in india which other youngster have won mos in their first 2 year of international stay including kohli.

Edited by bahubali

I'm really worried about Sanjay Bangar giving statements such as playing risk free cricket, not obsessed with smashing boundaries in ODIs. Are we living in 2019 or 2000-01 that our batting coach is saying such things? Also, I hope Kohli remains in a good state of mind otherwise he would win the toss & do exactly the opposite like 2017 CT final.

52 minutes ago, bahubali said:

So how many all-rounder after kapil has given performance like pandya or let's say how mNy all-rounder have you seen after kapil. All-rounder worth in gold one hand you say we don't have anyone who can bowl some over and when you have one you complain . He is 26 only not 36 be patient he has already shown what he is capable of also when you talk about mos in india which other youngster have won mos in their first 2 year of international stay including kohli.

There is no rule that you need to have a allrounder who is just good for bits and pieces.Don't compare him with Kapil Dev, he would walk into the team on his bowling alone, his batting was always a plus.Kohli became top5 ODI batsmen in two years, is Pandya even in top 10 all rounder list?

20 minutes ago, putrevus said:

There is no rule that you need to have a allrounder who is just good for bits and pieces.Don't compare him with Kapil Dev, he would walk into the team on his bowling alone, his batting was always a plus.Kohli became top5 ODI batsmen in two years, is Pandya even in top 10 all rounder list?

Yes he is ...also he is not bits and pieces. Which other all-rounder other than shakib is better in limited over. What has Stokes done till date in loi other than choking at crucial stage and which other all-rounder is better than him. BTW from where do you pull this stats that kohli was top 5 batter within 2 years of his international stay.

23 hours ago, bahubali said:

Yes he is ...also he is not bits and pieces. Which other all-rounder other than shakib is better in limited over. What has Stokes done till date in loi other than choking at crucial stage and which other all-rounder is better than him. BTW from where do you pull this stats that kohli was top 5 batter within 2 years of his international stay.

Go look at Kohli's odi rankings you will he was ranked no5 in 01/12/2010.He made his debut in 2008. Are you seriously comparing Stokes to Pandya.

So Jason Roy completely overwhelmed Afghanistan with 89 of 40 odd balls today. Can we expect anything of that sorts from our prosaic openers, even against a low ranked side. It will be same old mechanical borefest.

This is such a good thread, problem with Ind team is the attitude and teams with such monotonous outlook seldom win tournaments.

17 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

So Jason Roy completely overwhelmed Afghanistan with 89 of 40 odd balls today. Can we expect anything of that sorts from our prosaic openers, even against a low ranked side. It will be same old mechanical borefest.

This is such a good thread, problem with Ind team is the attitude and teams with such monotonous outlook seldom win tournaments.

Mechanical..that is such an apt way to describe the Top 3 and the team in general.No risks or out of the box thinking anywhere.

To be honest I prefer watching our bowling than batting these days,

Problem is ..fatty sharma is out of his clothes most of the time due to excess fat and his days of hitting a s/r of 130+ are over.Same goes for thigh dhawan.Kohli also plays these 40 ball 44 or 60 ball 50 tuk tuk.The only beast in the team is Pandya.Eng have 6-7 of them..Roy,Bairstow,Morgan and if you manage to get them all out..there is Buttler..:((