India is not Hindi-Speaking States Alone, Says DMK Chief Stalin

randomGuy

17 minutes ago, Lannister said:

A party is elected based on the number of seats it has won. When the majority of those seats are alloted to a particular state, ofcourse it creates an imbalance and you are going to see nonsense like language and region politics all over the country. Because the ruling party will lose its vote shares if they don't agree to the demands put by those few particular states. This system is clearly phucked up. 

I don't think you are Bengali. The Bengalis in my twitter circle daily whinge about Hindi imposition and here you are shamelessly defending it. 

The South has a paltry (what 130-140??? out of 543) compared to the rest of India. If this is not imbalance, then what is?

Edited by Stan AF

8 minutes ago, Lannister said:

UP has phucking 80 seats. LOL

I would love to know about their contributions to Indian economy. Ofcourse, the usual reply will be we have higher breeding rate. 

And see that is another bigger problem. The South has managed to control its population by keeping its TFR under control. And yet we are punished for it by having lesser and even lesser representation.

59 minutes ago, Lannister said:

A party is elected based on the number of seats it has won. When the majority of those seats are alloted to a particular state, ofcourse it creates an imbalance and you are going to see nonsense like language and region politics all over the country. Because the ruling party will lose its vote shares if they don't agree to the demands put by those few particular states. This system is clearly phucked up. 

The majority of seats are elected to where majority of people live. And even then, the lesser populated states get disproportionately greater seats. This is the most normal, natural system because national level politics is irrelevant to what language you speak or what food you eat.

As soon as you can point out where in entire history of INC did we deem the authority of each and every culture to have equal, confederate say in politics, you can call this phucked up.

Not to mention, you still need to explain why your state or your language matters in terms of national policy. Your state is not a nation.

59 minutes ago, Lannister said:

I don't think you are Bengali. The Bengalis in my twitter circle daily whinge about Hindi imposition and here you are shamelessly defending it. 

I can dig up posts here where I've blasted the Hindistanis for trying to impose hindi in Bengal. I am just not a narrow-minded regional crab like you, i am a patriot towards my motherland - which is India, not Bengal. 

46 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

The South has a paltry (what 130-140??? out of 543) compared to the rest of India. If this is not imbalance, then what is?

The south is better represented than UP or Bihar in terms of seats. Seats are not allocated based on geogaphy in a democracy, they are based in terms of population density. This is why Chennai has more seats than Ladakh. 

58 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Have you not seen their Twitter posts and their general attitude towards other languages. 

Their attitude towards other languages is better than virtually any majoritarian language in a country has towards the minorities. It doesn't change the fact that BJP is more pan-India than whatever itty-bitty dravidian parties that flourish down there on the basis of nonsense. 

50 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

After Independence, Indian states were formed on the basis of languages they speak in their respective areas. Especially in the South. What you're implying is basically false. If any citizen feels there is a threat to his language/culture it is a threat to his security.

Absolutely not. 

The states are formed on the basis of languages. It has no bearing whatsoever in the national level and national politics. You, speaking a different language, has the right to state level representation and promotion of your language + culture in your given state as much as any other. You have no excess or less rights to choose a national government regardless of what state you come from. 

Threat to security is not threat to language/culture. Threat to security is legally defined as threat to your economic livelyhood, property or person. 

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

The south is better represented than UP or Bihar in terms of seats. Seats are not allocated based on geogaphy in a democracy, they are based in terms of population density. This is why Chennai has more seats than Ladakh. 

These people who have higher population density like the hindi belt are the same ones whining about muslim breeding rates. Kinda ironic

Just now, Vilander said:

India is a republic but a federation underneath, there is clear central and state legislative powers.

Sure. But it is NOT a confederation. Only in confederations do each member of the confederation have equal power to affect the confederation. 
Look up Iroquois confederation. The 15 tribes of the Iroquois each sent 2 delegates to form policy for the Iroquois confederacy. Problem is, confederation does not work in a democracy, which is why not a single democratic nation on this planet is a confederacy. 

The southie butt-hurt ones are just butt hurt because they've been fed dravidian propaganda for too long and have forgotten the axiomatic truth of Indic civilization: All of South Asia is a satellite to the Ganges-Jamuna-Brahmaputra doab. has been for most of  history, always will be. 

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

itty-bitty dravidian parties that flourish down there on the basis of nonsense. 

see if someone does not vote for BJP that does not make their choice less valuable.

It does not matter what you call itty bitty or otherwise, till the time people will it it shall be. now if biharis continue their immigration to Chennai and then start voting there enmasse and this changes in time then so shall it be then.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

These people who have higher population density like the hindi belt are the same ones whining about muslim breeding rates. Kinda ironic

except their higher population density is a consistent factor for the last 3000 years.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

All of South Asia is a satellite to the Ganges-Jamuna-Brahmaputra doab. has been for most of  history, always will be.  

two things.

One South India was not a satellite civilization it was Dravidian the pre eminent civ. and more important point Ganges - yamuna is the real Indian civilization, Bramaputra is basically a satellite.