Favorite summer drinks, desserts

Gollum

7 hours ago, maniac said:

What the hell is paneer soda. Doesn’t sound appetizing at all

I had the same feeling when I first landed in Chennai, my colleagues swore by it whilst I stuck to the usual drinks. Then tried it in a function and now I am addicted. Not cottage cheese, this is sweet soda with subtle rose flavor. Do try this amazing drink if you come to TN in the future, won't regret it the slightest bit. 

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

@maniac in some pujas/rituals (esp Abhishekams) they use flavored water with rose essence, apparently they call that panneer/paneer in Tamil. 

rose essence is easy to prepare , just boil the roses ( specific red rose ) and we get panner .. used in food , drinks , ceremonises and also used as fragrance/perfume 

my ex-colleagues father in law have 3/4 acres of rose plantations and paneer prepetaion is his main business .. 

nothing beats this ..

in my childhood we still had some agri land that my grandpa was taking care ..

we use to get unlimited nungu , and those days will never come back  :((

most of these fruits will be wasted and the palm tree climbers will take whatever they can carry .. but it costs 20/30rs for 1 nongu fruit  in bangalore :rotfl: 

maxresdefault.jpg

nungu-ice-apple-1-2.jpg

I liked Aam Panna back home. I think they sell in Indian stores too overseas, but not as good. I am not sure the popularity of Aam Panna in India now, but it used to be great summer drink. 
I used to have it in Nagpur. Very refreshing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

On 6/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, velu said:

nothing beats this ..

in my childhood we still had some agri land that my grandpa was taking care ..

we use to get unlimited nungu , and those days will never come back  :((

most of these fruits will be wasted and the palm tree climbers will take whatever they can carry .. but it costs 20/30rs for 1 nongu fruit  in bangalore :rotfl: 

maxresdefault.jpg

nungu-ice-apple-1-2.jpg

Velu what have you done ? Its summer here and I miss these delicious fruits if you can classify them as one.