There needs to be an annual 3-match ODI series between a full-strength India and India 'A'

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Solution is to cut out crap series against lanka or poor sides but FTP for years is already set 

The FTP requires India to play them but it doesn't say it requires the best players to play all of them. Rest them for the last couple or so matches before the 'Challenger Series'. 

Just now, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

The FTP requires India to play them but it doesn't say it requires the best players to play all of them. Rest them for the last couple or so matches before the 'Challenger Series'. 

So who will play if we are playing best player of country in India vs India A vs India B. 3 teams will have best of our players and remaining wud be what 4th side

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So who will play if we are playing best player of country in India vs India A vs India B. 3 teams will have best of our players and remaining wud be what 4th side

This is not a novel concept. This was an annual thing in the past. I think Sreeshanth made a mark in one of these tournaments by dismissing Sachin and Sehwag for low scores back in the day with jaffas. I believe it was the challenger trophy. He was even sledging them :laugh:

1 minute ago, maniac said:

This is not a novel concept. This was an annual thing in the past. I think Sreeshanth made a mark in one of these tournaments by dismissing Sachin and Sehwag for low scores back in the day with jaffas. I believe it was the challenger trophy. He was even sledging them :laugh:

yup sreesanth n even piyush chawala when he got tendulkar with googly, uthappa to when he got a 100 in that challenger trophy 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

In all fairness Shreesanth was a very good bowler.

Format needs to be fair. Let the selector pick their first 11 and then another set of selectors get the second 11. Then we can see the results. But no mixing of players. That dilutes the product.
I agree .. inter-mixing the players is a bad idea as that dilutes the identity of India And team.

Current India ODI and T20 team playing against nextbest India A and India B gives right identity of"Challenger" Trophy and upcoming players have the opportunity to test themselves .

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

On 7/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, Khota said:

Format needs to be fair. Let the selector pick their first 11 and then another set of selectors get the second 11. Then we can see the results. But no mixing of players. That dilutes the product.

Exactly.  That's the mistake made by the Challenger series.  They should just do a Shastri XI (current team) vs Dravid XI (upcomers team).

50 over format

India ----

1. Rohit

2. Dhawan

3. Kohli (c)

4. Rahul (wk)

5. Iyer 

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Saini

9. Shami

10. Chahal

11. Bumrah

India A ----

1. Gill (c)

2. Shaw

3. Padikkal 

4. Pandey

5. Pant (wk)

6. Dube

7. Axar

8. Nagarkoti

9. Kuldeep

10. Bhuvi 

11. Prasidh

There must be

---- 3 front-line pacers

---- Not more than 1 swing bowler

---- 6 bowling options and hence 2 all-rounders.

---- Atleast 2 spinners.

---- Big hitters from 5 to 7.