India’s best chokers

21 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You left out the biggest choker in Indian cricket. The one who scores 175 runs but can't get the team to win the game and fall short by 3 runs. The man who batted in ODI cricket at no.4 in England when the ball seams but in flat tracks opens but doesnt take strike first ball because his choking abilities will be for the world to see. He also has the habit of choking on his fingernails. The same guy who batted brilliantly for a centuries but couldn't tolerate back pain for a few more minutes and finish the game in a test match in Chennai (his favorite ground) against his archrivals. He went 4,4,Out. Same guy who scored a century with 77 strike rate when the rest of the team batted over 100 SR in 2012 against a minnow on a flat track. His 100th century is known for his selfishness and most importantly for losing to a minnow side.

Don’t think he was a complete choker . Selfish towards end of career yes . Selfish in his needs for particular batting spots - yes . Hence not my fav player anyways !

In test matches he failed to Chase down anything over 200 most days . Our expectations were from him to replicate his one day consistency in test match - Which he failed consistently 

I watched all those innings including the one against Chennai . We don’t realize yet that tests are won by bowlers not batters and one day won by batters - see who won the World Cup - not the team with best bowling but team with best batting 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kohli was the highest scorer in 2013 CT final 

The only t20 final he has played he made 77 

Highest scorer implies consistency . Does not imply value of runs - in t20 strike rate and runs made per wicket are more valuable than someone scoring meaningless centuries at slower strike rate - a 30 ball 55 more valuable then a 95 ball 100 - u should read smartstats on ESPNcricinfo - they validate what I always believed- sehwags 30 ball 50 enabled india to win many a matches although he did not get mom awards etc for such - the next guy coming in and scoring 70 off off 75 balls would get mom to my disbelief ! 

Kohli is smart to know this but does not change his batting style to say hit more sixes as he believes in his percentage cricket . Hence a Pandya is a match winner in t20 but kohli just gives u the false mental happiness of a 160 score on board - usually 20 runs below par 

still doubting me - see what happens to rcb every ipl !

3 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Kohli is the biggest choker India ever witnessed. Sachin was NOT a choker. He was hard done by his teammates more often than not. Gavaskar is the second biggest chtya ever known in Indian cricket. Only Ravi Shastri tops him. Not to forget the fraud Manjrekar.

Sunny was never a great ODI batsman. But in Tests he produced some master class innings like 220 at Oval where India almost gunned down 438 in 4th innings. India ended up with 429/8. Also his 96 at Bangalore is one of the greatest innings on a square turner by an India. India missed by 17 runs. Being an opener I would give him lee way. If we are strictly talking about ODIs, Gavaskar doesn't even come up for discussion.

1 hour ago, mani sha said:

Don’t think he was a complete choker . Selfish towards end of career yes . Selfish in his needs for particular batting spots - yes . Hence not my fav player anyways !

In test matches he failed to Chase down anything over 200 most days . Our expectations were from him to replicate his one day consistency in test match - Which he failed consistently 

I watched all those innings including the one against Chennai . We don’t realize yet that tests are won by bowlers not batters and one day won by batters - see who won the World Cup - not the team with best bowling but team with best batting 

Bowlers do win tests. Indian bowlers bowled Pak for cheap. All the batsmen needed to do was chase them. Sachin and Mongia needed 180 to win the match and they put together a partnership of 130+. Then Sachin with good support from Joshi took it to 16 runs needed. He had struck two consecutive boundaries off the previous balls and he took on the best bowler of the test Saqlain again for a rash shot. All he needed to do was rotate strike or play out the over. He had Pak by the balls and let them back in the match. He always chokes when we needed him the most. Check must win match against the Aussies in 1999 and the finals in 2003. He also was not himself during the 2011 knockout stage. If that is not choking, I don't know what is

Highest scorer implies consistency . Does not imply value of runs - in t20 strike rate and runs made per wicket are more valuable than someone scoring meaningless centuries at slower strike rate - a 30 ball 55 more valuable then a 95 ball 100 - u should read smartstats on ESPNcricinfo - they validate what I always believed- sehwags 30 ball 50 enabled india to win many a matches although he did not get mom awards etc for such - the next guy coming in and scoring 70 off off 75 balls would get mom to my disbelief ! 

are u telling me sehwag was a better Odi player then kohli ?

Kohli is smart to know this but does not change his batting style to say hit more sixes as he believes in his percentage cricket . Hence a Pandya is a match winner in t20 but kohli just gives u the false mental happiness of a 160 score on board - usually 20 runs below par 

why shud he change his batting style it has worked wonders 

Kohli is the best t20 player in the world and pandya is yet to do much in t20

so ur telling me when kohli score runs team dont go past 160???? are u serious

still doubting me - see what happens to rcb every ipl !

RCB suffers from his captaincy problem not batting 

17 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Choking in 4th innings is not a new thing. Even the Fab 4 are guilty of choking in 4th innings and getting out to nobodies.

Yes 1997 test vs WI, 1999 test vs Pak. But Dravid's 72 at Adelaide was a really good one. Also Ganguly's 98 at SL was a good one. I think Kohli had a relatively easier target to achieve on a slightly better batting condition when he is at his peak. So expect better from him. He flunked 3 times in such a short span of time.

19 hours ago, Vijy said:

Yes, the only format he doesn't choke in to some extent is the hit-and-giggle version. Even there, he lacks an extra gear and will be useless in chasing targets above 180. we will probably see this statement verified in WT20

His 2016 t20 WC innings where he didn't choke was amazing but one must not forget he was in the form of life and had an unbelievable IPL just before. I suspect he may choke in t20s too in future. Hope not though. 

30 minutes ago, -Robin- said:

Dont know about choking but Kohli hardly scores anything when pitch has somerhing. Be it turn or swing.

Nah.. he's done well in England and south Africa last year on tough Wickets and scored a hundred on the toughest Wicket in Australia. No matter how much we complain , he is still top notch. Problem is he can't/hasn't so far replicated the same in BIG games. 

7 hours ago, mani sha said:

STill. Have respect for Sunil - player without helmet in an era of West Indies greats . And scored . As a test match h player he was good 

manjrekar kohli shastri all in top 5 above with azar and Dhoni 

feel bad for dhoni though - destroyed his legacy . Should have retired two years ago but greed knows no bound 

Dhoni is NOT a choker. He is an idiot overstaying and destroying his legacy. The man is a gem. But his time was done 4 years back.

I have bias for Ajju as we hail from same city but he did have some memorable innings in the darkest phase of Indian cricket. His partnership with Sachin in South Africa will be cherished forever.

Gavi was a great batsman but he's the very definition of choker. Actually he's a guy who doesn't even try. I hate him as a cricketer and he was the one who unleashed Shastri virus upon us. He and his Bombay agenda are nauseating. Was a great batsman though. But attitude sucked.

6 hours ago, -Robin- said:

Dont know about choking but Kohli hardly scores anything when pitch has somerhing. Be it turn or swing.

Did u watch his batting in Sa on both tours where ball has done a lot

Or asia cup when we across amir on a green pitch 

Look at his avg in countries like aus , sa, nz .....u cant get those numbers in those places by just scoring on patta 

8 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Dhoni is NOT a choker. He is an idiot overstaying and destroying his legacy. The man is a gem. But his time was done 4 years back.

I have bias for Ajju as we hail from same city but he did have some memorable innings in the darkest phase of Indian cricket. His partnership with Sachin in South Africa will be cherished forever.

Gavi was a great batsman but he's the very definition of choker. Actually he's a guy who doesn't even try. I hate him as a cricketer and he was the one who unleashed Shastri virus upon us. He and his Bombay agenda are nauseating. Was a great batsman though. But attitude sucked.

Azar - we lost in Sharjah those days with him shastri and other crazy chokers 

the innings in South Africa shows what he is was capable of. Alas greed ..

gavaskar was a pujara mould batter . Think in tests he always played positive . I tried playing a 125 k bowler without helmet once and god knows how scary it was knowing that it’s not a bouncy practise wicket - so anybody from that era I don’t complain 

dhoni is a new choker last 2 years - Many wanted him retired 4 years ago but definitely he should have retired when he got boos against England in the bilateral series . 

10 hours ago, Norman said:

Nah.. he's done well in England and south Africa last year on tough Wickets and scored a hundred on the toughest Wicket in Australia. No matter how much we complain , he is still top notch. Problem is he can't/hasn't so far replicated the same in BIG games. 

He does that in test matches not odi 

been saying it again and again - we are mixing formats 

kohli is the best test batter we have had since dravid and laxmam retired - he is in fact a mix of the two - defends like dravid when needed but has laxmans attack game as well as Ganguly shrewdness and resolve in tests . But in odi he is a choker - think it’s also because he bats at 3 in odi and I feel he is a no 4 odi player - 

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

are u telling me sehwag was a better Odi player then kohli ?

why shud he change his batting style it has worked wonders 

Kohli is the best t20 player in the world and pandya is yet to do much in t20

so ur telling me when kohli score runs team dont go past 160???? are u serious

RCB suffers from his captaincy problem not batting 

I am saying kohli doesn’t hit sixes in t20 . Hence the par score is always 180 but we make 160 - 

sehwag was indeed a gifted gifted player . I have seen games where the opposition fell 20  runs short and if u look back st scoreboard it was sehwag who gave that 30 ball 45 . Much like dhawan - but faster and bolder 

besides if sehwag scored a hundred , u know we have won as he would never ever play selfish 

regarding better - no but different 

compare sehwag with say a jayasurya - fast 40, can bowl a few overs and a slightly better batsman then Jayasurya . They gave momentum and put fear in the opposition

kohli role is different . As a no 3 no 4 player , he is trying to rotate strike and keep scoreboard kicking . His inability to go into seventh gear is what causes india to not win much .also against swing in odi he is a sitting duck  for some reason I cannot understand 

5 hours ago, mani sha said:

I am saying kohli doesn’t hit sixes in t20 . Hence the par score is always 180 but we make 160 - 

He has shown that without sixes also he is the best player of t20 

haha then u need to check the scores when kohli has scored 

sehwag was indeed a gifted gifted player . I have seen games where the opposition fell 20  runs short and if u look back st scoreboard it was sehwag who gave that 30 ball 45 . Much like dhawan - but faster and bolder 

Yea so no one has a gift like sehwag.........so no one shud even try to play like sehwag 

compare sehwag with say a jayasurya - fast 40, can bowl a few overs and a slightly better batsman then Jayasurya . They gave momentum and put fear in the opposition

When u have a player like that then we ll see other who dont have the ability and mindset shudnt even try to become like him

Rohit n kohli found success in their method and much more then sehwag in ODi, at the end sehwag was an underachiever in ODI 

kohli role is different . As a no 3 no 4 player , he is trying to rotate strike and keep scoreboard kicking . His inability to go into seventh gear is what causes india to not win much .also against swing in odi he is a sitting duck  for some reason I cannot understand 

he hits enough boundaries n bats at very good s/r so nothing to complain

who said against swinging ball he is a sitting duck, did u watch his innings in asia cup on green track

have u seen his number on Sa tour where ball seam, swing n bounces .......

Ur telling me sehwas never struggled when ball moved, bracken vaas use to make a joke of him 

Now days everyone busy to abuse kohli (rightly so) but people forget same match  rohit sharma and icf darling klrahul did **** also.thery are also responsible for our loss .what I say great  klrahul ,he failed 

SA

Eng

Wi (h) 

Aus  

But nobody mentioned his batting ability   and rohit sharma  with the help of god of dropping 8 catches in Wc when was the last time ha has played some swing in his lifetime :hmmmm2:

25 minutes ago, VT87 said:

Now days everyone busy to abuse kohli (rightly so) but people forget same match  rohit sharma and icf darling klrahul did **** also.thery are also responsible for our loss .what I say great  klrahul ,he failed 

SA

Eng

Wi (h) 

Aus  

But nobody mentioned his batting ability   and rohit sharma  with the help of god of dropping 8 catches in Wc when was the last time ha has played some swing in his lifetime :hmmmm2:

Rohit Sharma was lone warrior in Indian batting unit. If it wasnt his bat, we wouldnt have made it to semis. Check the scorecard of every game where he got out early apart from when Dhawan played that knock against Aussies.

So absolutely no complains against Rohit.

Rahul filled in shoes of Dhawan during middle of tournament, So he doesnt get flak. What puzzled me was as soon as Dhawan got injured, Why wasnt Mayank Roped in? Instead we decided to bring in another keeper as main bat as if 2 weren't good enough to keep.

You replace opener with opener, You replace keeper with keeper, You replace allrounder with allrounder. And you dont weaken your strength, which was bowling.

I can go on and on. But what is the point. On icf Kohli is better bat batsman then Sachin. Tells a lot about lynch and gullible mentalityof icfers and people in general.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He has shown that without sixes also he is the best player of t20 

haha then u need to check the scores when kohli has scored 

Yea so no one has a gift like sehwag.........so no one shud even try to play like sehwag 

When u have a player like that then we ll see other who dont have the ability and mindset shudnt even try to become like him

Rohit n kohli found success in their method and much more then sehwag in ODi, at the end sehwag was an underachiever in ODI 

he hits enough boundaries n bats at very good s/r so nothing to complain

who said against swinging ball he is a sitting duck, did u watch his innings in asia cup on green track

have u seen his number on Sa tour where ball seam, swing n bounces .......

Ur telling me sehwas never struggled when ball moved, bracken vaas use to make a joke of him 

In odi he is indeed sitting duck - not tests

we don’t win any icc t20 finals anymore cos of lack of 6 hitting abilities . Barring Rohit and Pandya , most are useless . Rahul and jadeja ok too. Kohli is a risk averse batter . Will get u a 50 in each game but it’s not a match winning 50 as it’s always 45 ball 50 not a 35 ball 50

sehwag played his role well . I had no complaints of his odi career . He was the enforcer - lived by the sword and died by it. On swinging tracks he was a better bet than Kohli as he would force the bowlers to alter the length - this helped the whole team . 

As i said again - Kohli is a percentage cricketer . Well always be . 

1 minute ago, mani sha said:

In odi he is indeed sitting duck - not tests

no he isnt anyways in odi harly ull get swinging condition 

we don’t win any icc t20 finals anymore cos of lack of 6 hitting abilities . Barring Rohit and Pandya , most are useless . Rahul and jadeja ok too. Kohli is a risk averse batter . Will get u a 50 in each game but it’s not a match winning 50 as it’s always 45 ball 50 not a 35 ball 50

there are much more bigger problem then only six hitting abilities 

Again ur facts are seriously wrong

Lets look at 2016 t20 WC

55* in 37 balls 

82* in 51 balls

89* in 47 balls

Here are few more of innings in t20

90 in 55 balls 

72 in 44 balls

77 in 58 balls 

59 in 33 balls

50 in 36 balls 

seriosuly what are u even talking about , kohli has shown consistency with gr8 s/r 

Surely he is no ABDV, gayle  or yuvraj but those guy werent as consistent as kohli

sehwag played his role well . I had no complaints of his odi career . He was the enforcer - lived by the sword and died by it. On swinging tracks he was a better bet than Kohli as he would force the bowlers to alter the length - this helped the whole team . 

No sehwag underachieved he gave starts and didnt convert them and win u matches ......i can show so many matches where he got fast start and didnt convert due to which team lost 

then he was highly inconsistent most days and was a sitting duck many occasions overseas 

U dream a lot n watch less cricket coz most fo ur facts are pretty wrong