Ganguly surprised not to see Gill n Rahane in ODI squad, he also wants to have more players playing all formats

34 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Where are all Ganguly fans lol ? He supports youngsters lol ? He shouldn't be near Indian team. Ganguly is also very negative I remember him belittling jadeja for his 3 triple hundreds. 

Tbf to dada, if he had his way and knowing his style of building the team ,Rahane would have fit in the team as a top order consolidator.

Rahane looks bad in this current Indian batting set up which is top heavy and light in the middle and lower order hitting ,hence we cant afford another slow scorer with the top 3 already going slow .

But imagine a team where you have rahane opening or coming at 4 and having a swashbuckling pant as the opener or quick scorers like Rana/pandya/abhishek Sharma in the middle order !

Now rahane doesn't look a misfit in this team tbh .

This is the way i think ganguly thinks about the odi team .during his days also he had a swashbuckling opener in viru ,then an explosive yuvi in the middle ,so it gave a bit of a room for slow players like himself and dravid to nudge around .

In this current set up and the way rat builds his side ,rahane is a strict No!!

Gill is a far better talent to trust upon. 

agree with Sourav that we need multi format players. Sehwag,Gambhir ,Sourav,SRT,Dravid,Dhoni played both formats with good-great longevity .The formula should to select talents  atleast at around 22  years of age, select a lot of lefties too, select a few grinders, give them  a fair run of  matches  and then select a core 12 batsmen for all conditions,match situations . How ever can't agree with Sourav's choice of Rahane   because he had his chances and instead of improving he regressed a lot by the time he played AUS series.

I am not sure how can Dada Say Rahane in needed in ODI squad. Has not he watched him ODI already?? :facepalm:

When he was Captain, he was pushing for so many new faces and youngsters in the team but not sure he want washed up players again to be tried again now instead of trying out new players?? 

ganguly must be on something (i.e., weed) to suggest rahane again, but he (along with many others) is absolutely right in pushing for gill. it's not like our cupboard is overflowing with middle order options. would like to see iyer, gill and mayank get extended runs. pant is better suited for top order but for now he will also have to play in middle order.