India vs West Indies | 1st Test | Antigua | Aug 22-26 2019 | Match thread

Just now, Vilander said:

dude seriously..

there is no complacency here its just couple of tailenders raiding their luck..in LOI mode.

If you want to learn to finish off the tail there is no better time than this.  This has become a habit. They do the same thing even in crunch situations. They lose the plot with tailenders.

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If you want to learn to finish off the tail there is no better time than this.  This has become a habit. They do the same thing even in crunch situations. They lose the plot with tailenders.

you and i wont learn anything. as we do not play international cricket.  there is no habit..enjoy phenomenal performance, dont take these things for granted. Click to choose

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli 12 in 26 tests

Ganguly 11 in 28 tests

Dhoni 6 in 30 tests

Dravid 5 in 17 tests

Overseas wins as captain

is it overseas or outside india

Ganguly won 1 against WI, ENG, AUS in their backyard 

Nothing against NZ, SA 

Pak, SL , BANG cant be considered overseas . Did he win 8 test against Zimb ??? I highly doubt that 

33 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you and i wont learn anything. as we do not play international cricket.  there is no habit..enjoy phenomenal performance, dont take these things for granted. Click to choose

That is how we become a ruthless team. ANd it becomes a habit. They were sharing jokes and laughing around when Sam Curran came to the crease. Rest is history. It is a culture, habit.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

That is how we become a ruthless team. ANd it becomes a habit. They were sharing jokes and laughing around when Sam Curran came to the crease. Rest is history. It is a culture, habit.

totally irrelevant for today's game. Jadeja was inviting a mist time and eventually Roach got out similarly but to Ishant. Bumrah could have come back for a fast yorker but he was struggling. I dont think there was any complacency in todays game for sure or during Sam Currans innings', he was bloody good again and again.

37 minutes ago, Vilander said:

totally irrelevant for today's game. Jadeja was inviting a mist time and eventually Roach got out similarly but to Ishant. Bumrah could have come back for a fast yorker but he was struggling. I dont think there was any complacency in todays game for sure or during Sam Currans innings', he was bloody good again and again.

Same. What about the first innings? There also they let that tailender hang around for 40 plus balls.  Australia almost pulled off a win in the first test with tailenders.  

9 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Cricinfo comment :phehe: I cant find words :om:

Cricinfo1.JPG

• Matalb bharat arun to kuch kar hi nhin raha hai
  • Experience naam ki koi cheeze nhin hoti.....shami, ishant have become better also coz they have become experinced n understood their game now. County stint also helped ishant
  • IPL has helped change fast bowling culture in our country 

Yeah right IPL started only after Kohli became captain.BTW Shastri also did not want Arun to become fast bowling coach.

It is this TM which played Bumrah over Ishant in his debut test. This team under Shastri and Kohli have played every overseas series very well.This team is built to compete anywhere and if they get right openers they will start winning also.Kohli has changed he mindset of Indian fast bowlers, never seen a better Indian captain for fast bowlers.

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • Matalb bharat arun to kuch kar hi nhin raha hai
  • Experience naam ki koi cheeze nhin hoti.....shami, ishant have become better also coz they have become experinced n understood their game now. County stint also helped ishant
  • IPL has helped change fast bowling culture in our country 

I think when Umesh Yadav bowled the 150k bumper to Dilshan (I think) every one got up and took notice because we were stuck with guys like Vinay,Mithun etc. It kind of helped fast track him to the national side.

Obviously that was a wake up call to most young Indian pacers and gave them a motive to bowl fast to get noticed. Even a guy like Kaul tries to hit 140s.

We still have guys like Chahar etc the old school genuine swing bowlers and that is good thing as well that they are sticking to their strength and improving in that area. I guess that comes with world class management thanks to IPL as well.

Was IPL not world class during 0-8 fiascos. Kohli even in his early days as captain encouraged and had given importantance to fast bowlers even in India.

Dhoni on other hand was averse to fast bowlers.Bharat Arun is unsung hero here, Shastri deserves to get credit for rejecting Zaheer Khan who was appointed as bowling coach but it was Shastri who wanted Arun as  bowling coach.

12 hours ago, putrevus said:

Was IPL not world class during 0-8 fiascos. Kohli even in his early days as captain encouraged and had given importantance to fast bowlers even in India.

0-8 fiasco happened when IPL was in 3-4 year then now where its in 12 th year...... A culture takes years n years to build. Surely it wud be build better in 10 years then 3-4

0-8 fiasaco happened a lot due to batting failure ....If IPL ha helped bringing fast bowling culture then lets not deny that t20 has affected batsmanship n good bad ways both. Cant blame IPL for taking Dravid, laxman, tendulkat, sehwag  in to their last leg of career

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
11 hours ago, putrevus said:

Dhoni on other hand was averse to fast bowlers.Bharat Arun is unsung hero here, Shastri deserves to get credit for rejecting Zaheer Khan who was appointed as bowling coach but it was Shastri who wanted Arun as  bowling coach.

IPL was the reason Umesh Yadav was found that lead to everything else in a kind of butterfly effect culminating in this golden swing seam period that we are seeing, IPL did not produce these bowlers but gave limelight to the right kind of fast bowlers.