RANJI TROPHY 2019-20

Suhaan

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

He is gujarat board president not because of his capabilities, but because he is the son of a crook. Whether he is right or not, comes second. Today this choot is talking about bumrah, tomorrow he will talk about something else. These choots cannot be given free hand. 

And btw, he is totally wrong. In a parallel universe your logic might work, not here.

Ask anyone on this forum and my logic will be right. @express bowling

Isn't it right for Bumrah to start from shorter versions instead of longer?

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

t. @express bowling

Isn't it right for Bumrah to start from shorter versions instead of longer?

Personally, I would prefer Bumrah to start with matches where he has to bowl not more than 4 to 8 overs a day.

In the article that I posted in the " Bumrah " thread ... it says that Bumrah wants to start with T20Is and had talked to Ganguly to allow him to do the same. Ganguly agreed and allowed him to skip the Ranji match.

But different views on this subject are obviously possible. 

Edited by express bowling
13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rajpoot not playing

Kuldeep not playing - he lacks form he shud play 

manish pandey not playing- has been on bench why didnt he play

KL not playing- finally getting some form 4 day cricket wud have been ideal 

Saini not playing

iyer not playing

Dube not playing

Sundar not playing

has it been told to white ball players not to play this ranji game

Obviously a T20 series vs mighty SL (10 days away) is more important for this TM. If it undermines Ranji Trophy, so be it.

22 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

He is gujarat board president not because of his capabilities, but because he is the son of a crook. Whether he is right or not, comes second. Today this choot is talking about bumrah, tomorrow he will talk about something else. These choots cannot be given free hand. 

And btw, he is totally wrong. In a parallel universe your logic might work, not here.

The point is whether Bumrah should have a heavy work load from day 1 or not. I am glad that the mindlessness of state officials has been put into control by the board in the long term interest of the the player and the national side.

Almost all the board officials have got their job because of some connect or backing from powerful lobbies. If you are interested in rectifying that system, then please have a separate thread rather than creating confusion with respect to player selection.  In this case Ganguly and Shah are right even though it would have been better if the state officials had that good sense to take the right decision in the first place. It's not healthy for an institution that always some top guy needs to take the right decision on behalf of the middle management. The model is not sustainable and can be misappropriated by a power hungry folks in future.(we had one such example in recent history)

23 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

If a cricket board President shouldn't be talking about his players, what should he be discussing - climate change? Its not like all other state associations or any other sporting body in India gets presidents with proven 'ability'. This model is still better than having SC appointed 'experts' who besides having zero sports administration knowledge can't even manage the low-level politics running any association in India requires.

(PS- the 'crook' has achieved long overdue legislation which no one else thought was possible...wish we had few more 'crooks' like him in decision making posts)

14 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Arrey yaar, fir to kuldeep Sen was bowling around 145 . And I don't think so. But the speed guns are behaving erratic. K sens speed seemed fine. 

The slowest front-line pacers that we see in international cricket nowadays ... like Abbas and Philander ... bowl about 122 k to 135 k.

I think that it is unlikely that Pandey is slower than these guys.