Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Actually I just want you to watch that one ball and just repeat that.  I am looking to persist with this for now and just increase the pace of running and arm speed as we go along.

https://youtube.com/shorts/1XjQFUWQ3Do?feature=share

This action looks good. Smooth bit of Brett Lee in there. Looks pretty good for a 10 year old. I am not a bowling coach and probably you guys know better about technical stuff. Just a long time fast bowling fan. 

20 hours ago, Mosher said:

This action looks good. Smooth bit of Brett Lee in there. Looks pretty good for a 10 year old. I am not a bowling coach and probably you guys know better about technical stuff. Just a long time fast bowling fan. 

Yes, I do have technical knowledge. It all started when I started interacting with Ian Pont years back. Learnt a lot from him. Technical aspect of fast bowling has always been my subject of interest. But at this tender age, very difficult to know how things will pan out. Trying as best as I can to give a shape. One thing I would say he is better than most at his age. Though will have clear idea only by age 15-16. 

Edited by rkt.india
14 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Thanks. You are a legend on ICF bro. Your posts are always top notch and backed by logic. One of the reasons why I keep checking ICF. 

Thanks bro !  New fans won't understand what long time fast bowling fans from India, like us,  went through for years.

6'2"+ giants from India running in and floating the ball up at 115 kph ... 5'2" guys running in and trying to bowl bouncers, almost hitting their own feet and the ball getting up knee high ... they looked tired and bowled 10 kph slower after bowling 10 overs a day. 

It was comical really !

How we managed to sustain interest, for so many years, is beyond our comprehension !   :phehe:

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Thanks bro !  New fans won't understand what long time fast bowling fans from India, like us,  went through for years.

6'2"+ giants from India running in and floating the ball up at 115 kph ... 5'2" guys running in and trying to bowl bouncers, almost hitting their own feet and the ball getting up knee high ... they looked tired and bowled 10 kph slower after bowling 10 overs a day. 

It was comical really !

How we managed to sustain interest, for so many years, is beyond our comprehension !   :phehe:

In 2000s I used to pray we have a world class fast bowling attack as that seemed only missing part.Got that wish but batsmen go AWOL :((

On 8/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, Suhaan said:

If we had 2000s batting line-up now,we would have been all conquering like the Aussies before

lots of its and buts. If we were to implement Eng-like poaching policy and poach from all over the world, we can still have a world-beating team even right now. Just "buy" Steven Smith and half of the batting worries go away.