Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He has a strong action and uses his wrist well. He also runs in like he means it. It may not look very pleasing to eyes but he runs well, the way a hip dominant bowler should run in. Scope of improvement will always be there. He needs a coach who can work on improving his technique. 

Agree.

I just feel that he can use his shoulders more.

1 hour ago, New guy said:

Shouldnt he have access to the best coaching money can buy? How does he still have such basics wrong?

There aren't many coaches who have the knowledge to improve on such technical issues even if they know this is an issue. Collapsed back leg will also lead to back injuries. I did msg him about this issue but I don't think he saw it.

Edited by rkt.india
Initially, I was confused whether Arjun is hip or knee dominant but his first backfoot contact makes him hip dominant who has collapsed backfoot after landing. 

This makes him a hip dominant bowler.
spacer.png
Other thing i have noticed is no use of non bowling arm,which is to gather momentum,plus his head position,if he can correct, and use his non bowling arm ,his fuller balls will get more zip,right now he is placing fuller balls rather than putting effort ,also could also be an issue with his wrist position as well,the locking isnt done properly ,which is why his fuller ones are loopy.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Other thing i have noticed is no use of non bowling arm,which is to gather momentum,plus his head position,if he can correct, and use his non bowling arm ,his fuller balls will get more zip,right now he is placing fuller balls rather than putting effort ,also could also be an issue with his wrist position as well,the locking isnt done properly ,which is why his fuller ones are loopy.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Nonbowling arm is fine. Check the picture I posted above. It's at a good position.

i like NATTU's Bowling action..kinda makhan action.  he runs in smoothly and has full control over his line n length.

On green tracks abroad he can get pace also. 

I think he touched 137K in Australia but was between 127 to 137K and mostly around 135K mark.

His and Siraj's Line and length are so good that we did not miss Ishant and Boom.

Siraj and Nattu were so great in australia with regards to Line and length that INDIA Beat AUSTRALIA.

There was a PACE and SWING GURU called Praveen Kumar, he played for INDIA for quite a lot bcos of his control over line and length and Swing control. on GREEN tracks , he was Unplayable and took wickets at almost his will. 

actually I could not believe my eyes , it looked Surreal. they were as accurate as VINAY Kumar. Siraj touched 140K also some times.

Nattu can become a world beater if he can get his pace 5K up on average. But he has in him to play against International Batsman, Same is the case with Siraj.

Check out Umesh, he still bowls 50 percent of his balls in an over at rubbish Line or Length.

Pace is the Most Important thing but Control on Line and length is also equally Important. 

But Pace cannot be TAUGHT but control over line and length can be Taught or Improved.

52 minutes ago, nsareen said:

who are the next young speedsters maturing into good fast bowlers?

I see a lack of clear focus and lack of ruthlessness in developing and bringing to the fore the next lot of quick bowlers.

Lots of swing bowlers are getting selected and are next in line  ... but it is not happening regarding new quick bowlers.

Avesh and Prasidh should have been next in line quick bowlers ... but I am not sure where they stand in the pecking order.

Edited by express bowling

As i recall there was a development plan for 10-12 quicks until at least 2020 before pandemic happened, not sure if there is any such plan going on under the radar..

Nagarkoti is in NCA again, seems to be his favourites time pass, the guy is extremely brittle.. aavesh, Prasidh, Tyagi are the only ones who are in some sort of a radar for development, but it would be good if they have a pool of 10-12 such quicks, which i’m sure exist but just haven’t been identified..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, nsareen said:

As i recall there was a development plan for 10-12 quicks until at least 2020 before pandemic happened, not sure if there is any such plan going on under the radar..

Nagarkoti is in NCA again, seems to be his favourites time pass, the guy is extremely brittle.. aavesh, Prasidh, Tyagi are the only ones who are in some sort of a radar for development, but it would be good if they have a pool of 10-12 such quicks, which i’m sure exist but just haven’t been identified..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avesh, Prasidh, Kartik, Kuldeep Sen is a good quartet to groom. All tall and quick.