rkt.india

Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Here is the issue I have with Arjun. His back leg is collapsing a bit too much. He is short balls are quick but collapsed back foot means fuller ones aren't as sharp.

Screenshot_20210223-191159.png

his runup too looks awkward.. but the boy seems to be a natural speedster.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He has a strong action and uses his wrist well. He also runs in like he means it. It may not look very pleasing to eyes but he runs well, the way a hip dominant bowler should run in. Scope of improvement will always be there. He needs a coach who can work on improving his technique. 

Agree.

I just feel that he can use his shoulders more.

1 hour ago, New guy said:

Shouldnt he have access to the best coaching money can buy? How does he still have such basics wrong?

There aren't many coaches who have the knowledge to improve on such technical issues even if they know this is an issue. Collapsed back leg will also lead to back injuries. I did msg him about this issue but I don't think he saw it.

Edited by rkt.india
Initially, I was confused whether Arjun is hip or knee dominant but his first backfoot contact makes him hip dominant who has collapsed backfoot after landing. 

This makes him a hip dominant bowler.
spacer.png
Other thing i have noticed is no use of non bowling arm,which is to gather momentum,plus his head position,if he can correct, and use his non bowling arm ,his fuller balls will get more zip,right now he is placing fuller balls rather than putting effort ,also could also be an issue with his wrist position as well,the locking isnt done properly ,which is why his fuller ones are loopy.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Other thing i have noticed is no use of non bowling arm,which is to gather momentum,plus his head position,if he can correct, and use his non bowling arm ,his fuller balls will get more zip,right now he is placing fuller balls rather than putting effort ,also could also be an issue with his wrist position as well,the locking isnt done properly ,which is why his fuller ones are loopy.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Nonbowling arm is fine. Check the picture I posted above. It's at a good position.