Should BCCI allow some fringe players to play Big Bash?

maniac

23 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Why would Kohli go for BBL peanut money? He would rather take a break and earn money through advertisements.

Playing or not playing is personal choice. Starc has skipped many seasons of IPl. I remember Michael Clarke skipped many seasons to prolong his career due to back issues etc etc.

However allowing some players or giving NOC to some players can be done by BCCI. Now obviously BBL being interested in them is their personal choice.

I mean in IPL we have ignored guys like Ross Taylor and Joe Root so it always boils down to what they want.

26 minutes ago, maniac said:

Playing or not playing is personal choice. Starc has skipped many seasons of IPl. I remember Michael Clarke skipped many seasons to prolong his career due to back issues etc etc.

However allowing some players or giving NOC to some players can be done by BCCI. Now obviously BBL being interested in them is their personal choice.

I mean in IPL we have ignored guys like Ross Taylor and Joe Root so it always boils down to what they want.

Why would bbl pick average domestic players?

On 12/10/2019 at 4:49 AM, maniac said:

The Aussie pitches might be flat but they have an extra bounce that we don’t see on Indian pitches. 

Hitting on Indian pitches is not going to be as easy as it is going to be on Aussie pitches.

Guys like Rohit,Kohli and Rahul can be and have been successful here but leave alone guys like Dube,Krunal Pandya etc but I don’t even see guys like Hardik Pandya, Iyer,Pant etc able to cope with the extra bounce and go big on these grounds.

With the WT20 coming up in Aus shouldn’t BCCI let a few players like Pandya bros,Dube,Sundar, Iyer and even some bowlers like Saini and Khaleel play in the big bash league?

BCCI is very myopic in thinking they are protecting brand value but if these guys click in big bash it will only enhance their reputation.

Obviously other leagues have no value like Bangladesh, Pak and Carribean.

The England T20 and the SA league might be Other good option.

BCCI never release the players due to money / marketing and greed.

8 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

I never understood the part about restricting indian players just for IPL. Let them play other leagues. More they play around the world, more experience they will get.

BCCI sees Indian players as property - contract element - Brand etc and dont want to part with their USP and get every eye ball to IPL. 

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

BCCI sees Indian players as property - contract element - Brand etc and dont want to part with their USP and get every eye ball to IPL. 

Imo Probably not the best approach or attitude towards it. IPL pays up handsome amount, no doubt, but experience doesn't just grow on trees or can be achieved by watching videos. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

IPL is rewarding them with money which is more than what they will earn in any t20 league. BCCI is right to do it otherwise IPL brand will dilute.Once that happens IPL revenues will go down for good.

What if some Indian player becomes a man of the tournament? won't that increase his brand value and in turn IPL's brand value as well?

Someone like Shane Watson became a bigger player and got a lot more backing after his performance in the first IPL.

A guy like Sohail Tanvir rode the coattails of his IPL performance not just for Pakistan but in all leagues.

English commentators cant stop raving about Ben Stokes and Jos Butler's performances in IPL.

I am not saying BBL is better quality it is way lower than the IPL but trust me if some Indian player shines in the tournament, he will only become a bigger brand for IPL.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

What if some Indian player becomes a man of the tournament? won't that increase his brand value and in turn IPL's brand value as well?

Someone like Shane Watson became a bigger player and got a lot more backing after his performance in the first IPL.

A guy like Sohail Tanvir rode the coattails of his IPL performance not just for Pakistan but in all leagues.

English commentators cant stop raving about Ben Stokes and Jos Butler's performances in IPL.

I am not saying BBL is better quality it is way lower than the IPL but trust me if some Indian player shines in the tournament, he will only become a bigger brand for IPL.

Yes it helps but benefits are far less than problems.It would be a disaster for BCCI.It leads  players skipping domestic season for these tournaments.This guy tried to do it already  that too for a local tournament.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20772889/k-gowtham-dropped-india-insulting-duleep-trophy

India is only country which has control of players and all these uncapped players play domestic cricket. They have more than enough avenues where they are earning enough money.If they want to freelance they have to lose all the privileges which come with a player associated with BCCI.

BCCI has done right thing by not allowing these players to play in other leagues.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, maniac said:

this is true, its a globalized world. BCCI is like China of the cricket world but inverse they want to be middle kingdom of their world but do not want to tap into the benefits of globalized world. Theoretically BCCI is 90% of their world and China is what 18 % so there is a big difference but still BCCI needs to get some of its players at-least to Eng/Aus on a rotation basis. But its a legal problem i guess if they allow one they need to allow anyone.