By 2050, India will have world’s largest Muslim population

Gollum

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I reserve the right to call out ignorance, falsehoods, and bigotry when I see it, and have the time and inclination to do so.  

I'm bothering to do so - because I care a little bit about this forum, and it saddens me to see it polluted with a handful of bigots who keep reinforcing each other and get into that cycle of raising the volume and intensity of said bigotry.  And some of you are younger than me, still sounding like Unkils on Whatsapp.  Its pathetic.

You have the right to put forward your viewpoint. No ones going to argue against that here.

You'll never see a Muslim defending other religions from Islamic bigotry openly you see. It's only the Hindu liberals who like to project themselves as the defenders of secularism. The Jihadis know this and take very good advantage of Lefties like you to achieve their agendas. You see Muslims will never reciprocate that act since they don't believe in secularism and you are a kafir just like me.

You say it's bigotry, i say it's being wary of a desert cult that encourages to kill the kafirs.

Let's just agree to disagree on this!

12 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

You have the right to put forward your viewpoint. No ones going to argue against that here.

You'll never see a Muslim defending other religions from Islamic bigotry openly you see. It's only the Hindu liberals who like to project themselves as the defenders of secularism. The Jihadis know this and take very good advantage of Lefties like you to achieve their agendas. You see Muslims will never reciprocate that act since they don't believe in secularism and you are a kafir just like me.

You say it's bigotry, i say it's being wary of a desert cult that encourages to kill the kafirs.

Let's just agree to disagree on this!

It is an indisputable fact that Islam's religious canon has questionable and wrong attitudes towards 'nonbelievers'.  And there are plenty of extremists, criminals and bigots who happen to be muslim.  But that does not, should not, give others a license to tar all muslims with that brush.  That's my point.  I don't care if some, or many muslims choose to believe xyz about kafirs. I would have a problem if they act on it.  Being "wary" is totally fine.  But using that concern, to get all aggressive and bigoted is wrongheaded, and untenable.  

I'm no apologist for Islam, or muslims.  Folks who have been around this forum for a while know that well. Its just some of you latecomers who are quick to assume I'm "left wing" etc.  Simply because I bothered to challenge bigotry.  Such lack of nuance is very typical of prejudiced thinking.  Quick to categorize, otherize, incapable of critical thinking or objectivity.  Suit yourself.  To repeat ad nauseam I DGAF.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

It is an indisputable fact that Islam's religious canon has questionable and wrong attitudes towards 'nonbelievers'.  And there are plenty of extremists, criminals and bigots who happen to be muslim.  But that does not, should not, give others a license to tar all muslims with that brush.  That's my point.  I don't care if some, or many muslims choose to believe xyz about kafirs. I would have a problem if they act on it.  Being "wary" is totally fine.  But using that concern, to get all aggressive and bigoted is wrongheaded, and untenable.  

I'm no apologist for Islam, or muslims.  Folks who have been around this forum for a while know that well. Its just some of you latecomers who are quick to assume I'm "left wing" etc.  Simply because I bothered to challenge bigotry.  Such lack of nuance is very typical of prejudiced thinking.  Quick to categorize, otherize, incapable of critical thinking or objectivity.  Suit yourself.  To repeat ad nauseam I DGAF.

It would be utterly ridiculous to say that all Muslims are like that. I'm definitely not saying that.

Most Muslims are moderate and won't take part in actual violence. My only problem with the Muslim community is that when their extremists go on a rampage, you'll never see the moderates condemning those acts. Islam is unique in a way that the extremists wield massive power over the moderates. You won't find this in Hinduism or Christianity.

Extremists usually do the donkey work when it comes to destroying other religions while the moderates almost always stay silent and won't call their own extremists "Bigots" like Hindu moderates.

As for assuming that you belong to the Left wing, it's not because of you defending Islam but the way you defend it i.e your words. It's obvious to any person that you are Left wing.

8 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

It would be utterly ridiculous to say that all Muslims are like that. I'm definitely not saying that.

Most Muslims are moderate and won't take part in actual violence. My only problem with the Muslim community is that when their extremists go on a rampage, you'll never see the moderates condemning those acts. Islam is unique in a way that the extremists wield massive power over the moderates. You won't find this in Hinduism or Christianity.

Extremists usually do the donkey work when it comes to destroying other religions while the moderates almost always stay silent and won't call their own extremists "Bigots" like Hindu moderates.

As for assuming that you belong to the Left wing, it's not because of you defending Islam but the way you defend it i.e your words. It's obvious to any person that you are Left wing.

I have some dumb Pakistani on my Facebook account. They will share memes about save Gaza save Palestine. After a white supremacist
attack, they will share memes about them and the usual islamaphobic crap. When a muslim kills 49 people in a gay club n Florida, we get the oh not all Muslims are terrorists. 

rinse and repeat 

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I have some dumb Pakistani on my Facebook account. They will share memes about save Gaza save Palestine. After a white supremacist
attack, they will share memes about them and the usual islamaphobic crap. When a muslim kills 49 people in a gay club n Florida, we get the oh not all Muslims are terrorists. 

rinse and repeat 

82.5% of parents in Pakistan are blood-relatives of first, second or third generations (and so on). Out of these, 6.3% hail from the same extended families or castes while 6.8% are immediate cousins. Only about 4.4% of couples in Pakistan are married outside of their brethren. Although these figures are based on a sample size of 9,503 families, located primarily in rural Punjab, it is hardly breaking news that unions between cousins – scientifically called consanguineous marriages – are rampant in Pakistan.

Pakistani Source

Inbreeding, Education from Madrasa that teaches them nothing but hate for other religions does that to Pakistani youth.

One thing that must be handed to them is that they've perfected the art of playing victim.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:51 PM, sandeep said:

There are plenty of gawwaar hindu bhaiyyas in BIMARU who would match this nonsense.  Taking such anecdotal examples, extrapolating them to badmouth an entire segment of population - ignoring relevant factors such as education levels, urban/rural residency etc - to justify and regurgitate prejudice, is not only inaccurate, but its despicable.  

its apologists like you that need to be treated first. 

On 2/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, sandeep said:

I'm no apologist for Islam, or muslims.  Folks who have been around this forum for a while know that well.

no you are an apologist i have been here long enough. may be because you live in relative safety  you feel its ok to be liberal or measure based on 'muslims' you would meet. The 'Muslims' that dilbar or ankit met were different drastically. 

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

no you are an apologist i have been here long enough. may be because you live in relative safety  you feel its ok to be liberal or measure based on 'muslims' you would meet. The 'Muslims' that dilbar or ankit met were different drastically. 

It's also about purva paksa, the art of studying others. And we have lost this skills of debate, and thus our inability to comprehend current affairs. The "All is well" syndrome only applies with Hindus...

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

This. 

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

You need to educate yourself on what that word means.  Just because I don't merrily jump on to the hate speech bandwagon around here doesn't make an apologist.  

22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Gotta love the pseudo psychology, especially the nonsense that conveniently suits your personal confirmation biases.

Stay happy in USA man, you will (hopefully) not have to deal with any of this there. For some of us who intend to stay back this is a matter of survival, don't care if it makes us 'bigot' or whatever term you wanna come up with, we will not aplogize for our viewpoints. The example of Kashmiri Pandits is right before our eyes, you think we are eager to earn brownie points from the 'enlightened' liberal lot or try to fit in as per latest woke/PC goals? Nah, this is just a part of the 1400 years long civilizational war, India is the last bastion of dharmic values, lands to our east and west have fallen victim to the sword of Islam, dharmics have been enslaved for centuries to a large part because of our passivity and tolerance, pockets within India are growing which represent a threat to our way of life. Our ancestors made great sacrifices to keep the flame burning, no other civilization has shed blood the way our forefathers did, but they also made mistakes which we shouldn't repeat lest we dishonour them. If Muslims reject their Indic roots I guess that makes them the 'others'. If Muslims teach their children to hate/kill the kafir we must not play down the threat. History is witness that whenever Muslims take one step towards identifying with their Indic roots, we take two in welcoming them, there is a reason Kalam is a saint like figure today...onus on them, not us. 

If all this makes us wary of the Muslims we are bigots. So be it, rather be a bigot than a fool. Do Muslims regret this part of Indian history? Nah they are proud of it. Image result for kesaria stupa

Image result for kesaria stupaImage result for kesaria stupa

Image result for gyanvapi masjid

Hell Indian Muslims lost their **** when Aurangzeb Road was renamed to Abdul Kalam Road. We have towns and railway stations named after Bakhthiyar Khilji. Intellectuals who want us to embrace this dark side of history will start a war if a lane is named after Hitler in Europe, forget city !!!!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me. 

Acc to woke left:

Indian Hindus=bigots

Nepali Hindus=bigots

Sikhs=bigots

Jews=bigots

Myanmarese Buddhists=bigots

Chinese=bigots

Russians=bigots

Filipinos=bigots

Americans=bigots

Germans=bigots

Danish=bigots

Coptic Christians=bigots

Lebanese Christians=bigots

Eastern Europeans=bigots

Zoroastrians=bigots

Bahais=bigots

Shintos=bigots

Commies=bigots

Dogs and pigs=bigots

But any common link can not be found. 

Edited by Gollum

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Do Muslims regret this part of Indian history? Nah they are proud of it. 

My blood boiled when I saw the broken statues at Ellora and the Kailashnath temple.  The wanton destruction of ancient beauty out of ignorance and malice.

I am not denying the civilizational and historical wounds.  But I do not accept justification of violence against innocents.  2 wrongs have never, ever made a right.  Ever.  

I am pro-UCC, I am pro-CAA, but you guys want to pigeonhole me as a "liberal apologist for Islam.  Whatever, I am not out to convince anybody else, or change anybody's minds.  But when 'our' forum is fast turning into an echo chamber that only amplifies one-eyed biases, I will speak my mind.  Its no big deal for me if some of you start miscategorizing me.  

This is what I detest about fake nationalists and wanna-be right wingers everywhere - anybody who doesn't agree with their viewpoint, is automatically bucketed into horrible categories.  

Edited by sandeep

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I am not denying the civilizational and historical wounds.  But I do not accept justification of violence against innocents.  2 wrongs have never, ever made a right.  Ever.  

Dharmics in general don't start wars, only retaliate. Gandhi took the retaliation part away, we need to correct that for our own survival.

I am pro-UCC, I am pro-CAA, but you guys want to pigeonhole me as a "liberal apologist for Islam.  Whatever, I am not out to convince anybody else, or change anybody's minds.  But when 'our' forum is fast turning into an echo chamber that only amplifies one-eyed biases, I will speak my mind.  Its no big deal for me if some of you start miscategorizing me.  

Trust me, nothing personal. At least I don't intend to pigeonhole you (I didn't even bold the entire part because that is my observation drawing from personal experience, nothing to with any individual here), I make general points. Always try to desist from antagonizing fellow posters (except khota), we are a small community here to pass time, why waste energy....don't want bad blood, no? 

This is what I detest about fake nationalists and wanna-be right wingers everywhere - anybody who doesn't agree with their viewpoint, is automatically bucketed into horrible categories.  

Works both ways mate. Anyone who doesn't agree with left too meets the same fate, if we are honest the left controlled academic discourse and media space for much longer and they were the ones who fired first shots.