IPL 2020: KKR likely to lose age-fudging accused stars Shivam Mavi and Nitish Rana

Suhaan

12 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Our U-19 WC winning team from 2018 is cursed or what? Shaw got caught in a doping scandal, Gill can't buy a game for the national side, Nagarkoti is perennially injured, Manjot and now Mavi are called out for age fraud :antijinx: 

A lot of steps being taken to ensure that the old stars ( on whom there are humongous investments ) do not face any competition in the near future.   :phehe:

Edited by express bowling

So the retired judge passed a judgment at 11.30 PM, on his last day of work. Something doesn't sound right. Will wait for more details to come out.

If the players are guilty, sure punish, but do follow a proper process else we have the risk of destroying careers here. All the news reports have only mentioned school certificate. I hope we have a proper scientific system before labeling players as cheats and frauds

2018 India u19s were phenomenal. As a side, they could even beat some of the national teams easily. Shaw, Gill, Kamlesh, Mavi, Kalra, Anukul, Ishan Porel... it is just sad that none of these are already in Indian team. On top of it, so many issues... this lot is surely cursed... probably jinxed for their talent 

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If the players are guilty, sure punish, but do follow a proper process else we have the risk of destroying careers here. All the news reports have only mentioned school certificate. I hope we have a proper scientific system before labeling players as cheats and frauds

For anyone born in the 90s there should be a robust document trail (parents marriage certificate, birth certificate, school enrolment etc) they can produce to prove their age. If they havent done so it's most likely because they have fudged their ages.

The punishment should be a proportionate ban from all cricket for a period, not just age group cricket. If you don't make an example of offenders, then such practices will never stop

24 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

For anyone born in the 90s there should be a robust document trail (parents marriage certificate, birth certificate, school enrolment etc) they can produce to prove their age. If they havent done so it's most likely because they have fudged their ages.

The punishment should be a proportionate ban from all cricket for a period, not just age group cricket. If you don't make an example of offenders, then such practices will never stop

If decision are to made basis certificates, then what happens to BCCI's 'very robust' bone density tests? In any case, my problem is with the way judgments have been made, a retired judge on his last day pronounces a judgment at 11.30 pm. Sounds fishy.

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If decision are to made basis certificates, then what happens to BCCI's 'very robust' bone density tests? In any case, my problem is with the way judgments have been made, a retired judge on his last day pronounces a judgment at 11.30 pm. Sounds fishy.

Both should be used I am not sure how accurate or reliable these bone density tests are. Either way if the needle of suspicion falls on a player they can produce certificates. If these documents are forgeries it should be easy to verify that from the issuing authorities.

I dont care if the judge was retiring, the only mistake would be if these players are not indeed underage. Keep in mind, the player has a lot to lose here, they can very easily produce the documents/medical certificates required to prove their innocence. If they are not doing so it is because they are guilty. 

5 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

2018 India u19s were phenomenal. As a side, they could even beat some of the national teams easily. Shaw, Gill, Kamlesh, Mavi, Kalra, Anukul, Ishan Porel... it is just sad that none of these are already in Indian team. On top of it, so many issues... this lot is surely cursed... probably jinxed for their talent 

Shaw, Mavi, Kalra banned. Nagarkoti permanently injury ridden. Gill hardly gets any chances.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Shaw, Mavi, Kalra banned. Nagarkoti permanently injury ridden. Gill hardly gets any chances.

Only Kalra has been banned till now. The situation with Mavi is not clear. Looks like all the articles are sourcing the same information. It will be a disgrace if any cheats get away only because they are good prospects.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Why is everyone making as if Gill has been overlooked for years.If Rohit fails as an opener, he is next in line for tests.I don't think he is ready  for ODI and T20s in middle order.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Why is everyone making as if Gill has been overlooked for years.If Rohit fails as an opener, he is next in line for tests.I don't think he is ready  for ODI and T20s in middle order.

They have given him two chances. Pretty much everyone who has played with him, seen him have raved highly about him. Bishop, Doull, Kohli, Dinesh Karthik. He is just feasting on domestic bowling. Many guys didn't even have to do this to get into the side. Are you saying Gill would be a worse choice than Kedar Jadhav, Rayudu, DK? 

When i was watching the wc, the one guy i thought of who must be age fudging was Ishan Porel. No way he was 19 or less when the cup was ongoing. 

It is sad when we accuse Afghans and Pakistani of this but the situation in here is no less. Age fudging is massive in India, be it for govt jobs or underage sports teams . Just checking birth certificates won't be enough. 

7 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

On the face of it only Ishan porel guy looked overage and I always thought he might get caught but surprise surprise.Also one thing to notice here is deca act how come they never found this out when team went for u19 wc. These ddca guys are even bigger nincompoops.

29 minutes ago, raki05 said:

On the face of it only Ishan porel guy looked overage and I always thought he might get caught but surprise surprise.Also one thing to notice here is deca act how come they never found this out when team went for u19 wc. These ddca guys are even bigger nincompoops.

The mess in last 3-4 years the CoA jokers and the power hungry judgedom have left behind is going to take some effort to undo and rebuild BCCI. I do hope a white paper gets published by the BCCI revealing the money paid to the judges and their stooges in CoA.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Got to play 2 ODIs in NZ nearly 12 months back, yet to get a chance after that despite scoring tons of runs for the A team. 34 year old Dhawan and nearly 35 year old Jadhav keep getting picked. That’s the tragedy of our cricket in current times.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

They have given him two chances. Pretty much everyone who has played with him, seen him have raved highly about him. Bishop, Doull, Kohli, Dinesh Karthik. He is just feasting on domestic bowling. Many guys didn't even have to do this to get into the side. Are you saying Gill would be a worse choice than Kedar Jadhav, Rayudu, DK? 

Rayudu was selected for no4 and  Gill was not even in picture.Gill is an opener as we saw how he bad looked in middle order in IPL.Jadhav is batsman who can bowl and he plays a different position.DK was selected for finisher's role.

Only place he can fit is test team that too as an opener or if Rahane flops he will replace him. He is not better than top three currently in odis and does not have bowling skill to be no5/no6. Where would you fit him.

I don't want him to replace Dhawan in odis.Why should Dhawan who is very good in odis be dropped for this guy.

Edited by putrevus
14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Rayudu was selected for no4 and  Gill was not even in picture.Gill is an opener as we saw how he bad looked in middle order in IPL.Jadhav is batsman who can bowl and he plays a different position.DK was selected for finisher's role.

Only place he can fit is test team that too as an opener or if Rahane flops he will replace him. He is not better than top three currently in odis and does not have bowling skill to be no5/no6. Where would you fit him.

I don't want him to replace Dhawan in odis.Why should Dhawan who is very good in odis be dropped for this guy.

Gill was not even in picture - That is the problem we are talking about .  That in itself was a huge mistake. Gill never given any sort of run even against mediocre sides.  Why was Rayudu discarded then? It took them like 2 years to figure out he is crap? In one dayers finisher roles will be useful only when the top 5 take us to 40th over. But finisher has to build as well in case there is a collapse. Failed spectacularly in the semi final. You select players based on overall ability. Kohli has done building role and finishing. Gill is in that class. Not DK's or Jadhav's or Rayudu's or Shankar's class. Rohit can build and also finish. Gill is a bit like them. Infact Rahul Dravid had to tone him down in the under-19 world cup.

33 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Maybe if Kohli somehow decides he's feasted enough on poor attacks and can make way for a youngster to get a run (like other seniors did when Kohli himself was young from 2008-2010). A chat with Sachin, Sehwag and Yuvraj, all of whom at various times, made way for Kohli to bat at 3 in late 2000s would help. But is he really up for it?