Pakistan's Haris Rauf's throat-cutting celebration sparks controversy Sydney [Australia]

gakgupta

I personally don’t think there was much wrong with the celebration, much like Jadejas sword celebration and MS Dhonis gun celebration after his ton against Sri Lanka in 2005 in Jaipur. What’s more is that Haris has apologized and promised to show restraint in the future as he understood he may have offended ppl albeit unintentionally. Kudos to the young man for his magnanimity 

7 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Speak for yourself. Moderation on this site is pathetic. A lot of low-quality posts are allowed to be posted, even like "Congratulations on your century" or "Congratulations on your win" and other little opinions that can just as easily be posted in the match thread rather than flooding the front page with posts. There will be 10 different posts on the match while the match is still going on.

I think otherwise,moderation is done where its necessary,i don't find anything wrong here

I think you are talking about multiple threads based on same content,but i have seen mods delete duplicate threads 

10 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Sir

Your PM is tweeting on India, day and night.

Unka kuch kaare aap.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

These clowns don't even know what to cry about. Fascist Modi is not offering Indian citizenship to Pakistani Muslims boo hoo hoo LOL. Donkeys first cry about India being a hellhole for Muslims, and at the same time they have a problem when they are not invited to that supposed hellhole. You have your own separate country duffers, why do you even want to come here? Their India obsession will never end I guess.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:46 PM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

So if NFL decides to ban turbans tomorrow, you think cricket should do it too?

Don't be stupid. Let each sport make whatever rules they want to according to their culture and local sensibilities. Just because NFL banned it doesn't mean ICC should too. Like I said, thousands of kids in India and Pakistan have done this taunt for years without seeing it in a negative light.

No I don't, but it has been banned by soccer too. I have not seen a taunt like this in international cricket.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:24 AM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Speak for yourself. Moderation on this site is pathetic. A lot of low-quality posts are allowed to be posted, even like "Congratulations on your century" or "Congratulations on your win" and other little opinions that can just as easily be posted in the match thread rather than flooding the front page with posts. There will be 10 different posts on the match while the match is still going on.

I don't agree with you but respect your opinion and its matter as much as anyone else and postrer you quoted to. Btw good/bad is frame of mind of a certain individual and everyone has right to express themselves. May be people who are opening such threads matter to them and they are not as qualified enough as you to think that deeper as what is hight/low quality.

Edited by raki05
18 hours ago, putrevus said:

No I don't, but it has been banned by soccer too. I have not seen a taunt like this in international cricket.

NFL, soccer, baseball, kabaddi, carrom... doesn't matter. Just because it is banned in another sport doesn't mean it should be banned in cricket. Many people have done taunts from WWE in cricket. Some bowler used to do the John Cena "You can't see me" gesture too.

The guy is unstoppable , now an hat trick. He has been the best paceman in BBL this year. Thank God he changed his ridiculous celebration style also and now performs that Lukhnow style " adab arz hey " salam after taking a wicket. His is an amazing story considering just about an year ago, he had not played even a decent club cricket game and now one of the most sort after fast bowler in T20 leagues. 

Meh.  It’s a celebration that adds a bit of spice. On the other hand I’m also ok if he’s asked to stop it.

In the meanwhile, we’re all talking about the boy - so he seems to be getting some extra ‘bad boy’ publicity for now.

As for his bowling, it seems there’s some flex but my gut feel is he is just under that radar.  I won’t say he chucking basis what I see, but yeah his action may get scrutinised. 

Plus he seems like he’s got some heat- we’ll have to see how long he lasts in the perpetual Pakistani cricket comedy soap opera.