ICC U-19 World Cup 2020 Discussion Thread

nsareen

13 hours ago, nsareen said:

Pakistan has a very strong bowling attack, bangladesh struggled big time against them, Pakistani proving to be strong contender this time around, who would be able to stop them, i don’t see west indies stopping them, or even afghanistan..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bigger question is who going to stop India ? Only some Asian team has  a chance, for that India has to have a bad day too. Indian batting can handle any bowling attack but that cannot said about Pak, BD and Afghanistan batting certainly not Aussies. Windies can surprise any team on a given day though. 

India u19 took Kumar Krushagra into the world cup.. guy is just “15” years of age!!!’ wonder what could have been the hurry to take him, he could have easily played the upcoming two world cups if he is that good, wonder what the thought processs was ?! specially considering they would not allow him to participate in the next world cups due to the policy of selecting only once!! Thoughts ?

23 hours ago, nsareen said:

Well if you think U19 bowlers cannot plan, then that's plain naivety... planning & execution starts from U14 dude, even if you are a tearaway... I've seen many & played with many to know there are plans for every match.. 

True. It comes even at school level. I used to change my bowling according to the batsman lol For some batsmen i would be bowling fastish off breaks. For some medium pace in the same over.  We used to set all the funky placements at that level. We knew batsmen were not going to be good enough to play outside their favorite areas. 

3 hours ago, nsareen said:

India u19 took Kumar Krushagra into the world cup.. guy is just “15” years of age!!!’ wonder what could have been the hurry to take him, he could have easily played the upcoming two world cups if he is that good, wonder what the thought processs was ?! specially considering they would not allow him to participate in the next world cups due to the policy of selecting only once!! Thoughts ?

he was selected as a back-up keeper. I doubt if he js considered that special a talent. he was probably selected on some quota.

2 hours ago, First class said:

Throw Jealousy out of window if you really want to discuss cricket, don;t bring this age BS all the time. You can say the same thing about everyone and it side tracks the topic. 

He's just saying he is not that young that you're making him to be,but yes he is young,is talented but it is way too early to pass  judgement on him

12 hours ago, Suhaan said:

He's just saying he is not that young that you're making him to be,but yes he is young,is talented but it is way too early to pass  judgement on him

Naseem shah is at least 23-24. According to reports when I first heard his name, he was 16 in 2016 but going by trends he was at least 19-20 in 2016. So now in 2020, he should be 23-24.

Edited by rkt.india
44 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Naseem shah is at least 23-23. According to reports when I first heard his name, he was 16 in 2016 but going by trends he was at least 19-20 in 2016. So now in 2020, he should be 23-24.

Frankly speaking he looks 26-27 ,slightly younger than shami Bhai.

1 minute ago, First class said:

H

It was a nice thread but now infested by some sick people, who try to spoil every thread, OK, got it lets settle it, Naseem Shah is 30 years old and move on to the real topic, the under 19 world cup. 

Ok so he is one year older than shami....thx for confirming. How come he was earlier selected for u 19 wc, that's why everyone laughs at pcb.

1 hour ago, First class said:

H

It was a nice thread but now infested by some sick people, who try to spoil every thread, OK, got it lets settle it, Naseem Shah is 30 years old and move on to the real topic, the under 19 world cup. 

This kind of skepticism over player's ages is quite natural given the past record of some of the Pakistani internationals. Before you go about calling everybody sick kindly shed some light on the following questions

• Was Aaqib Javed really 26 when he retired?
  • How come the much vaunted Waqar retire at 31/32?
  • What about the perennial teenager Afridi?

Until you manage to provide clarification on these issues be prepared for the occasional jibe from us.

P.S.: Naseem Shah is definitely a promising young quick but there is no reason to go complete nuts over him yet.

6 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

This kind of skepticism over player's ages is quite natural given the past record of some of the Pakistani internationals. Before you go about calling everybody sick kindly shed some light on the following questions

• Was Aaqib Javed really 26 when he retired?
  • How come the much vaunted Waqar retire at 31/32?
  • What about the perennial teenager Afridi?

Until you manage to provide clarification on these issues be prepared for the occasional jibe from us.

P.S.: Naseem Shah is definitely a promising young quick but there is no reason to go complete nuts over him yet.

PCB or Pakistani players don;t pay me to defend them on social media or anywhere and it does not bother me whatever you say  regarding them to get some pleasure out of it. Does not bother me if you feel better by labeling Naseem Shah a 27 or even 30 year old. All I'm asking not to side track the beautiful thread with idiotic and ridiculous topics like Waqar and Afridi's age. There is TOI for people like you, take full advantage of it. Everyone has his own favorite team and players but I enjoy unbiased discussion on cricket with an open mind. I myself was a fast bowler who played PCB grade-11 Patrons Trophy ( non-FC ) and with a little bit of more talent could have played FC cricket and beyond. So when I see young fast bowlers with the talent,  I wished I had it at their age, I enjoy watching and talking about them. "The other forum" also has its own share of idiots and their typical contribution to Tyagi's bowling was " he does not look under 19 " and I condemned such comments over there too. OK, enough------- back to undr 19 cricket.

Hoping a good match tomorrow India-Australia, Lets see how these youngsters perform in knock out matches. 

2 hours ago, First class said:

PCB or Pakistani players don;t pay me to defend them on social media or anywhere and it does not bother me whatever you say  regarding them to get some pleasure out of it. Does not bother me if you feel better by labeling Naseem Shah a 27 or even 30 year old. All I'm asking not to side track the beautiful thread with idiotic and ridiculous topics like Waqar and Afridi's age. There is TOI for people like you, take full advantage of it. Everyone has his own favorite team and players but I enjoy unbiased discussion on cricket with an open mind. I myself was a fast bowler who played PCB grade-11 Patrons Trophy ( non-FC ) and with a little bit of more talent could have played FC cricket and beyond. So when I see young fast bowlers with the talent,  I wished I had it at their age, I enjoy watching and talking about them. "The other forum" also has its own share of idiots and their typical contribution to Tyagi's bowling was " he does not look under 19 " and I condemned such comments over there too. OK, enough------- back to undr 19 cricket.

Hoping a good match tomorrow India-Australia, Lets see how these youngsters perform in knock out matches. 

You Sir are clearly not a fan of civil discourse. I don't understand why you needed to resort to childish insults and listing your resume(which I agree is impressive) simply when a counterpoint was made.

Anyway, let's hear your take on the U19 pacemen in this tournament. Who are the ones you like?

Edited by Forward Defence