Match thread : India vs Australia 3rd ODI , Bengaluru

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Bumrah is in that phase of his career where opposition will play him out and not give him wickets. He will be economical on most occasions but wickets will be harder to come by.

He needs to strike with the new ball and figure out new ways to get batsmen out. This is usually the phase most players who have a promising start   face  if they have to break out to be an ATG

I had a convo with an indian i met in a coffee shop over here about this.

I was explaining to him why in my opinion, currently bumrah can't be classed as a great bowler. (For the record i feel he is... just that he cant have that title yet. Based entirely on what you were saying) if he cant find a way through this period of "batsmen seeing him off, and find a way to get wickets" then he will elevate himself into that category.

We have seen lots of bowlers over the decades fail to find a way through that period, and not make that next step.

I think bumrah will. But atm he is going to get judged heavily over his next season and a half, as all bowlers should if they want to earn that title of one of the worlds great bowlers.

If they do it, it shows they have not only the skills, but the smarts required to place themselves amongst the best we have seen