Fight between India-bangladesh players after the U-19 Final

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

The only garbage behavior i see is from bd thugs. Its good that they will have to play senior cricket soon. 

Am not too concerned with what other nation's players are doing. Thats on them and it reflect poorly on their image - Hence BD is regarded as a bunch of cry babies here who doesn't know how to keep emotion in check - but I am concerned with our players and how they portray our nation to the world. What that guy did reflects bad on us ... people won't say oh hey its one random idiot but will say that INDIAN player. He is there representing the whole country (yes he is a kid but old enough to know what is accepted and what is not in a society to some manner). There is a reason why 2 indian players had demirit point, not only were they acting like thugs, our kids were no saint either. It was literally a GIVE and TAKE situation from both parties. 

41 minutes ago, urnotserious said:

Meh, given the way Bangladeshis act(from Nagin dance to this) anything is fair with them. They act like they've never been there before, maybe because they haven't and they take things too far. Sometimes you get a response that's too far as well. This is one of those times....

Sreesanth had a similar annoying factor in him like that tall bowler from their u19 team (shariful or wtv his name was), Kohli a couple of years ago was no better. If someone did that to our flag, you would not have the same tone I presume. 

58 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Sreesanth had a similar annoying factor in him like that tall bowler from their u19 team (shariful or wtv his name was), Kohli a couple of years ago was no better. If someone did that to our flag, you would not have the same tone I presume. 

I'd have the same reaction, if you act like a tool in someone's face you are stretching it. Someone reacting to you acting like a tool is fair, be it flag, a shove or a punch. But all of that is besides the point.

You are choosing to side with a vulture in cricfan. Well done! 

14 hours ago, urnotserious said:

Dont need to, on the Indian message board. 

Kya bakwaas hai. All good cricket forums focus on good cricket and have good discussion. So you are admitting posters here are petty. Then why pretend and take the high road and call other posters for the quality of discussions?

12 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

I've attended ISL matches as an away football fan in Goa where the opponent team fans came right in front of us and gestured like he was masturbating. They all abused us and even threw cups and flag sticks at us, yet our group of nearly 90 people did not get physical in that situation

umm...as an away fan who was likely massively outnumbered, u did the smart thing. discretion, as they say, is the better part of valor. But on a cricket field, if the opposition players surround u as a pack and get right up close & personal, it is natural to take a step forward and get even more up close & personal. We have seen even senior cricketers get triggered in such heated moments, so I attach zero blame to Indian U-19 kids for getting worked up over what they faced at the end of that match.

I have no doubt that if Indian players were to show such behavior with the England or Australian team, they would definitely not back down and the entire Anglo-Saxon cricket community would have come down like a ton of bricks on Indian players for 'bringing the game into disrespect'. 

As for the Indian player allegedly snatching or disrespecting the BD flag, the grainy video/photo footage being touted as clinching evidence is anything but. All i can see is a group of players from both sides arguing and an Indian player walking away while a BD flag appears stretched out in front of him.  Wa she pulling the flag - I can't say for sure? Did anyone try to tear or stomp on the flag - absolutely not! Was this whole 'BD flag disrespected' story started just to take heat off the BD boys? Possible. 

PS - Just listen to what the BD skipper had to say at the end - he apologized, realizing it was his players that were responsible for the fracas. Lets stop beating our kids up for nothing. I watched a few other matches they played - they did not exhibit this sort of sledging or over-the-top aggression in any other match. For those comparing this with Sreesanth and Kohli - even those two maintained a distance while indulging in their antics - after the match, they have always been respectful of the opposition (Kohli actually takes that respect too far to earn PR brownie points)

Edited by Cricwala
28 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

But on a cricket field, if the opposition players surround u as a pack and get right up close & personal, it is natural to take a step forward and get even more up close & personal.

Watch the video. They were not surrounding our players as a pack like you're making it out to be. One of their players ran towards the Indian players and started celebrating in their faces and that's where the argument started between both sets of players. If you think that's reason enough to get physical, that's on you. But don't put your low levels of getting triggered on all sane people. Both that and Bangladeshis abusing could and should have been ignored. You don't make it uglier because it looks bad on you and it looks bad as a member of the Indian U19 cricket team.

27 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

turning the other cheek, absolute non-violence....stuff like "If someone wants to kill you, face death bravely....usher in a new world by sacrificing your lives"

get the drift?

Nope.  Gandhian philosophy is not confined to these cliches you spouted.  It's one of the bravest things a man can do, when understood properly. 

But cary on.

13 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Nope.  Gandhian philosophy is not confined to these cliches you spouted.  It's one of the bravest things a man can do, when understood properly. 

But cary on.

those 'cliches' are at the core of Gandhianism, sophisticated sophistry notwithstanding. bravery is conducting experiments with your own personal life, not imposing those experiments on a country which trusts u blindly. 'bravery' is admitting when you are wrong, being open to incorporating other world-views, and grooming the right successors irrespective of personal likes/dislikes. 

But carry on.

45 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Watch the video. They were not surrounding our players as a pack like you're making it out to be. One of their players ran towards the Indian players and started celebrating in their faces and that's where the argument started between both sets of players. If you think that's reason enough to get physical, that's on you. But don't put your low levels of getting triggered on all sane people. Both that and Bangladeshis abusing could and should have been ignored. You don't make it uglier because it looks bad on you and it looks bad as a member of the Indian U19 cricket team.

all these arguments remind me of ex-cricketers & commentator ticking Indian players off in early 2000s for giving back as good as they got from Aussies, Saffers etc. Good we had guys like Ganguly inculcate a 'tit for tat' spirit in the team, and BCCI too backed our players.  

3 hours ago, Cricwala said:

Good we had guys like Ganguly inculcate a 'tit for tat' spirit in the team, and BCCI too backed our players.  

Ganguly never went physical with anybody for anything they said or did during or after the match. Please don't connect Ganguly's name with the stupidity that happened during the U19 World Cup final. Even he wouldn't approve of the way our boys dealt with the situation.

If BD skipper feels his players were wrong and out of control why are ICFers arguing. BD should have shown some class after a win and they chose not to. Not that Indians were fault free but BD was borderline thuggish.

I have seen that behavior from their senior team also. They block you from running and show disrespect all the time. I am not surprised by the behavior of BD team as tey learned it from their seniors.

People in India do need to realize that certain nations hate Indians and Pakistan and BD are two of those,

Edited by Khota
50 minutes ago, Khota said:

If BD skipper feels his players were wrong and out of control why are ICFers arguing. BD should have shown some class after a win and they chose not to. Not that Indians were fault free but BD was borderline thuggish.

I have seen that behavior from their senior team also. They block you from running and show disrespect all the time. I am not surprised by the behavior of BD team as tey learned it from their seniors.

People in India do need to realize that certain nations hate Indians and Pakistan and BD are two of those,

It was initiated by the 22 yo Bangla pacer. The only mistake done by our player was to grab their flag which is poor sportsmanship.

The moment the match ended , both sides should have stood down no matter how much MC BC was done during the match. Bangladeshis dont hate us, their fans are obnoxious but our keyboard warriors are equally obnoxious. just go to any youtube video mildly critical of Indian crikcet.

16 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

feel you are punjabi you wont be treated differently by your pakjabi friends do you get that ? if you go live in pakistan they will marry your sister off to a grand dad and claim she came

bro we had this discussion before on a different thread. I am not Hindu, my family is not Hindu either. I left my religion at a very young age, but that doesn't mean I I consider/am myself Punjabi or need to label my friends in any manner. 

Why are you bothered by what I told the other guy? Where is the flaw in my argument? Your argument has no basis on the matter of the subject itself but is completely out of line. His argument was that even the player was wrong, which I and others have pointed out, somehow a pak nationality pointing it out became a villain. Switch the scenerio around, BD player snatched the flag from an Indian player and cric_fan pointed it out, so y'all gonna go bash him too? 

Instead of condemning a garbage behavior by one of our player, you guys are bashing someone else. Wtf kind of logic is this ...

if Indian players had behaved in that despicable manner after winning, and a BD player had lashed out, I for one wouldn't have been piling on the BD player. One is an action, the other a reaction.  For the same reason, MCcGrath was to blame for needling Sarwan, who came back with an equally classless reply abt McGrath's wife. 

Let's listen to what BD players are saying - their tone is clearly showing they know they were at fault -

https://tbsnews.net/sports/our-flag-was-not-damaged-when-players-clashed-u-19-final-nafees-43629

https://tbsnews.net/sports/brawl-episode-over-we-realised-our-mistakes-akbar-43847

9 hours ago, Cricwala said:

all these arguments remind me of ex-cricketers & commentator ticking Indian players off in early 2000s for giving back as good as they got from Aussies, Saffers etc. Good we had guys like Ganguly inculcate a 'tit for tat' spirit in the team, and BCCI too backed our players.  

Yeah the underlying wuss Indian still exists waiting to break free of normality and be a world leading wuss again

15 hours ago, urnotserious said:

I'd have the same reaction, if you act like a tool in someone's face you are stretching it. Someone reacting to you acting like a tool is fair, be it flag, a shove or a punch. But all of that is besides the point.

You are choosing to side with a vulture in cricfan. Well done! 

I rather #11 punched that annoying cunt rather then disrespect a whole country.

You are just salty cause cricfan made a valid point, same point shared by others. Not to mention I have laid out several times I am a c*nt towards him on several occasion. Don't really have a good come back so keep on disregarding.

18 hours ago, Vilander said:

Buddy when i see hindu and sikh girls being destroyed in pakistan i want revenge. If you dont feel the same its on you.

I have to ask, what does this have to do with cricket or what we are discussing about in any way or form? Seriously?

Discussion is about a cricket player doing x,y,z not what pak or their people are doing to Indian people ... 

There is a section here for that ... Pass your time feeling wtv upsets you and talk about your revenge there. 

Like prof Oak says: There is a time and place for everything

Just now, Zero_Unit said:

I have to ask, what does this have to do with cricket or what we are discussing about in any way or form? Seriously?

Discussion is about a cricket player doing x,y,z not what pak or their people are doing to Indian people ... 

There is a section here for that ... Pass your time feeling wtv upsets you and talk about your revenge there. 

Like prof Oak says: There is a time and place for everything

please continue to delude yourself man.