Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

30 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Isn't jamieson the 7' freak? He's nothing like CdG as a bowler. With 45 kph winds forecasted, it'd be swing bowlers - who know how to use the wind - who would prosper.

i knw but on such any bowler will work who puts the bowl in right place and add to his height will always get him bounce

37 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

They will gamble. They will back themselves to do better than India even if they bat first.  Their best chance to beat India is by having us bat first.

they have a pattern of making opp bat 1st coz of pitches being helpful on day-1 and then bat out opp in 2nd innings as it gets flat within a day of 2 

41 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Both Bould and Southee are similar to CdG in their bowling attributes while being more skilled.

bowling speed diff is around 10k then they are more skillfull

IOW, it makes no sense to say CdG would threaten more than Boult and Southee.

not more ....but he wud be handy 

infact on such pitches guys like binny n shankar can be handy and someone like pandya can run away with a game like he did in england 

On the other hand, Jamieson's bowling style means he's not the type to make full use of windy conditions. Being tall doesn't mean a bowler would put the ball in right place either.

that to is with everyone....if u dont put the ball in right place it ll go to boundary something umesh has been guilty of on such pitches 

4 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

People say the same thing after looking at the pitch in kiwi land,i would bat first no question unless they leave a lot of that grass on game time.

It doesn't matter what the pitch looks like. Behavior of pitch in NZ is such that it is overly helpful for seamers on day 1.  Day 5 is the easiest to bat on. 

51 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

I want Shaw to to play so well that Rohit does not get back to the opening slot again. Need a long 15 year test career player who is gr8 to watch.

I exactly do not want that so that the latter to at least have a decent test stat of 5-6 k runs at his retirement to complement his formidable limited over stats. 

4 hours ago, test fan said:

Kyle Jamieson will be making his Test debut tomorrow against India in the first test, so no Neil Wagnar

jamieson's action is similar to srinath. Ambles to the crease and then almost rips his shoulder apart to deliver the ball. He will be useful in 2nd innings with his height to bowl bouncers when the pitch gets apparently flat and is a good replacement for wagner