How serious is the coronavirus threat in India?

Stradlater

21 hours ago, kosingh said:

India has the capacity to test 6000 per day (which is poor). But reports suggest that India has only been testing around 100 (which is bizarre).

Could there be thousands undiagnosed out there? Yes, but it's not like Indian emergency rooms are getting flooded with people who having breathing trouble. 

The virus spreads less in heat and humidity. I guess community spread is less in India and Africa. Pray to god that it stays that way. 

Just now, Autonomous said:

Source ?

I have read both sources man that mers for instance spread in heat unabated. And some which said the virus lives for lesser duration in heat beyond 30 celcius. In pak are cases in northern part only ? Aus is the one country which bucks the trend. 

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I have read both sources man that mers for instance spread in heat unabated. And some which said the virus lives for lesser duration in heat beyond 30 celcius. In pak are cases in northern part only ? Aus is the one country which bucks the trend. 

Bulk are with travel history but no, cases are in south (sindh/karachi). 

Agha Khan in KHI is receiving huge loads of positive cases, "official" numbers are likely to be much higher than reported. 

In about one and half month, punjab and sindh will have temperatures above 40 degrees though. 

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

MERS was highly less contagious than this. 

Majority of cases in Oz are from outside,similar to India

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Pakistan was a clear botch job by the officials. The count could have easily stayed below India's if they were more professional.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Majority of cases in Oz are from outside,similar to India

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

From what I understand things are going on normally in Australia.

My cousin is a citizen there and she is surprised that India is taking more measures than Australia which reported more cases.

20 minutes ago, nikred said:

Pakistan was a clear botch job by the officials. The count could have easily stayed below India's if they were more professional.

50% of those from iran are tested positive. 

Likely that many unaffected were affected due to lack of isolation. 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

That has been the hope, but Malaysia is hotter and more humid than India. And it's starting to spread there. Thailand too. 

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

Aus is already having early arrival of winter with temps in 20s. Just got it from someone living in Aus, was saying they already have jackets out there. Look at the temps in Melbourne in early 20s, late teens. Canberra is seeing single digit minimums.

Edited by rkt.india

6 hours ago, MechEng said:

Just watched PM Modi's speech to the nation, and he looks very worried. The situation appears more grim than statistics.

India is relatively better placed today yet it is fully aware that cases can explode once it gets couple of Local community cases. India does not want to reach this Stage 3...