Coronavirus in Pakistan

Stradlater

20 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Ignore the phenku above. 

But still infection rate has reduced. It could also be the virus strain getting weaker

Either this, or it is the effect of summer season. 

I wish it is due to becoming weaker, but when we look at US, then it seems that virus has not become weaker. 

4 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Either this, or it is the effect of summer season. 

I wish it is due to becoming weaker, but when we look at US, then it seems that virus has not become weaker. 

So the same virus gets weaker in Pakistan but when it crosses the border it becomes stronger again, why the infection rates are not decreasing in India and BD yet ? Hope the trend will cross over and infection rate will improve in India too, but not happening right now . Look at this daily updated infos. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Overall virus has become weaker to some extend. Its still very contagious but not that lethal as was in March and April. In March/April we were seeing many people were dying within a week of getting infected but not too many now, even in Southern states. More people are recovering now, compared to what we saw in March/April 

24 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Coronavirus numbers coming from Pakistan is one massive scam. Their current test number is hovering around 20k a day. To compare, Uttar Pradesh, a state with comparable population, tests close to 1 lac a day. Take a look at their scammy site providing the stats - the infection rate dropped from 25 percent to less than 5 percent in just about a week. Not even the strictest of lockdown can get that rate down that fast.

Diseases come and go in natural way. You can do scam of numbers. But you cannot do scam of critical patients and deaths. If Covid cases are in large numbers then patients requiring ventilators would also be in large numbers  This would have created emergency and civil unrest. No such things are coming from Pakistan.

Edited by Singh bling

48 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Have you visited and verified personally? Do you think their media gets to verify these facts? Some may try at the risk of being abducted in broad daylight. Hiding deaths is a simple bureaucratic exercise. DId you know that Delhi actually witnessed lesser number of deaths in May this year compared to May 2019? If not for the political acrimony and a functional media, hiding deaths in Delhi would have been easy as for Kejriwal.

I mean, no problems if you feel Pakistan is just a normal state but I do not.

Civic officials said one reason for the sharp drop in reported deaths may be the nationwide lockdown itself. They said there were fewer road accident fatalities due to the lockdown, as well as fewer institutional deaths of people from outside Delhi, and a drop in food poisoning, water and vector-borne diseases.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/fewer-deaths-in-mar-may-this-year-versus-2019-delhi-mcds/story-N7V5fUp7hRhMRvXXVeZ6bI.html

No Lockdown in pakistan so no question of lesser deaths

-----------------------

Covid deaths or critical patients are difficult to hide. news spread like wild fire. If you believe Pakistani healthcare system is taking load of 1000s of critical patients  and hiding it effectively then I have to say they have extremely good healthcare system. 

7 hours ago, First class said:

Overall virus has become weaker to some extend. Its still very contagious but not that lethal as was in March and April. In March/April we were seeing many people were dying within a week of getting infected but not too many now, even in Southern states. More people are recovering now, compared to what we saw in March/April 

Some are saying it is due to the reason that doctors in hospitals have become experienced enough to handle it much better than before. This results in decrease of the death rate mainly. 

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Some are saying it is due to the reason that doctors in hospitals have become experienced enough to handle it much better than before. This results in decrease of the death rate mainly. 

No that's not the case, we're using the same treatment , no new treatment has emerged over last 3-4 months .

2 hours ago, First class said:

No that's not the case, we're using the same treatment , no new treatment has emerged over last 3-4 months .

Offcourse docs know it better, but It killed people who it could kill easiky, aka older population with some particular type of imedical/imune condition . Now its just travelling among rest of population. 

Edited by mishra

6 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Saying that covid deaths or patients are difficult to hide does not make it so. It's easy to hide in a military police state like Pakistan. What's even easier to hide is the number of infected people by keeping the number of tests low. The military pakistani state has done well to use its incompetence of low testing numbers and minimal contact tracing to turn it into a story of success in controlling the virus. Knowing that a vast majority of these infected people would require no in-person care, it works for the pakistani state to keep the number artificially low.

I think herd immunity hogai hai. 

Mass gatherings at eid/ramzan shopping, then they ooened everything since april with zero restrictions, friday prayers is attended by 90% of population now or even more. 

What do you expect? Even at my home, we had covid symptoms about 1.5 month back such as loss of smell and fever but never got anyone tested. 

On 7/31/2020 at 7:28 PM, Autonomous said:

I think herd immunity hogai hai. 

Mass gatherings at eid/ramzan shopping, then they ooened everything since april with zero restrictions, friday prayers is attended by 90% of population now or even more. 

What do you expect? Even at my home, we had covid symptoms about 1.5 month back such as loss of smell and fever but never got anyone tested. 

Isn't the idea of herd immunity borderline gambling? Assuming that stats from Pakistan are accurate and 90% + recovery rate is true, it is a huge risk to let business go on as usual when there is a novel virus roaming around. 

13 hours ago, MechEng said:

Isn't the idea of herd immunity borderline gambling? Assuming that stats from Pakistan are accurate and 90% + recovery rate is true, it is a huge risk to let business go on as usual when there is a novel virus roaming around. 

No idea. But it is business as usual since may start now

A stock market often crashes when a rapid and often unanticipated drop in the stock price. It can also be crashed because of a major economic crisis, fatal events, and the collapse of long term speculative bubbles. As it is a matter of stock market crash, I do not think that we should criticize each other then check this website iherb. It is a normal problem that we face on and off but we should be accurate with our other dealings. If you want to read more about the economic problems.

Edited by amyjackson29
spelling mistakes