Your favourite innings to watch

The best that i watched was Clive Lloyd scoring somehwere between 230 to 250 runs against India in Mumbai. Thats was in 1975. What a wonderful innings that was which ensured Windies won the test. Never saw Chandra, Prasanna and Bedi being played like that in Indian conditions. It won the match forWI. Lot of reasons why i rate this as the best of my lifetime.

It was this test where Roy Fredricks's scored a 100 in less than 2 sessions. Solkar dropped Lloyd in slips in that test and then Lloyd was untrooubled for remaining innings.

Edited by Straight Drive

For me , Sachin Tendulkar's innings against Pakistan in Chennai test, 98 was one of the best I have seen. Not saying there arent better innings played, but the sheer pressure faced by Sachin agaisnt world class bowlers, of expectations of milions of people, coupled with back injury and hand injury makes the innings special. We lost the match, but cant fault Sachin.

10 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

The best that i watched was Clive Lloyd scoring somehwere between 230 to 250 runs against India in Mumbai. Thats was in 1975. What a wonderful innings that was which ensured Windies won the test. Never saw Chandra, Prasanna and Bedi being played like that in Indian conditions. It won the match forWI. Lot of reasons why i rate this as the best of my lifetime.

It was this test where Roy Fredricks's scored a 100 in less than 2 sessions. Solkar dropped Lloyd in slips in that test and then Lloyd was untrooubled for remaining innings.

I just have faint memories of 1984 series. I was very very young, a toddler almost. Clive lloyd ne Kapil ki Ch%$&I kar di thi! They were absolutely merciless in that series.

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I just have faint memories of 1984 series. I was very very young, a toddler almost. Clive lloyd ne Kapil ki Ch%$&I kar di thi! They were absolutely merciless in that series.

Even Marshall was bowling great in that series. I think no other place bowler had as successful series in Indian wickets as Marshall had in 1984 in India.  Those years were peak of Marshall.

Edited by Straight Drive
On 4/11/2020 at 3:58 AM, Rightarmfast said:

For me , Sachin Tendulkar's innings against Pakistan in Chennai test, 98 was one of the best I have seen. Not saying there arent better innings played, but the sheer pressure faced by Sachin agaisnt world class bowlers, of expectations of milions of people, coupled with back injury and hand injury makes the innings special. We lost the match, but cant fault Sachin.

That innings is remembered for that uppercut, but I think it was an overrated shot. The best shot was that backfoot defense off Shoaib Akhtar's 154 kph delivery which raced away for four. It was easily the shot of the match and maybe the shot of the World Cup unless Ricky Ponting's sixes in the finals bettered that backfoot defense shot. 

2 hours ago, Autonomous said:

-Abdul Razzaq 109* vs South Africa

-Saeed Anwar 194 vs India

-Younis Khan 218 vs England at Oval

Younis Khan played a very entertaining knock in UK. Watched the highlights, those sixes were so effortless.

1 minute ago, MechEng said:

@Jimmy Cliff I'm still waiting for Mainak's upload of that 44 in Trinidad, maybe the highlights are of longer duration. This one uploaded by a Pakistani is too short and doesn't tell us much how awesome that knock was.

I think the "source" of both clips is the same unfortunately so doubt that Mainak will upload a longer video . I was kinda disappointed that it didn't feature all boundaries in that innings. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I think the "source" of both clips is the same unfortunately so doubt that Mainak will upload a longer video . I was kinda disappointed that it didn't feature all boundaries in that innings. 

I actually wanted the ball by ball version of the innings which would not only include the boundaries but also show how the pitch behaved and the unplayable deliveries. 2 minutes is way too less, looked like a standard T20 knock.

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I actually wanted the ball by ball version of the innings which would not only include the boundaries but also show how the pitch behaved and the unplayable deliveries. 2 minutes is way too less, looked like a standard T20 knock.

Ball by ball is pretty much impossible unless robelinda had taped that game somehow and still has the footage. I would've been content if all boundaries were included especially the ones off Ambrose. 

Virender Sehwag 83 Vs England Chennai 2008

S Tendulkar 193 Vs England Leeds 2002

Virender Sehwag 254 Vs Pak Lahore 2006

Virender Sehwag 293 Vs SL Mumbai 2009

R Dravid 270 Vs Pak Rawalpindi 2004

S Tendulkar 155* Vs Aus Chennai 1998

S Tendulkar 103* Vs Aus Chennai 2008

Virender Sehwag 195 Vs Aus MCG 2003

Virender Sehwag 309 Vs Pak Multan 2004

Rohit Sharma 212 Vs SA Ranchi 2019

Virender Sehwag 201* Vs SL Galle 2008

Virender Sehwag 201 Vs Pak Bangalore 2005