Are Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi discriminated against for being christian?

Manny_Pacquiao

Is raj mata being discriminated against for being christian?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is raj mata being discriminated against for being christian?

On 4/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, Mariyam said:

Can't really say.

Ireland have accepted an Indian born as their head of state.

Italians are nowhere near as liberal as the Irish. I've been there myself and seen this with my own eyes.

12 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Italians are nowhere near as liberal as the Irish. I've been there myself and seen this with my own eyes.

Even the Irish PM is Dublin born, he is only half Indian, his mom being an Irish white lady, he was raised in the Catholic faith, don't think he looted/harmed Ireland.....no comparison between him and Sonia Maino. 

Most countries in the developed world haven't given minorities positions of power like third world India. We have multiple ex-Presidents, Army Chiefs, Chief Justices etc. from minority community, a Sikh PM for 10 years albeit I consider Sikhs as dharmics, just applying Western definition. Had Sonia been India born, nobody would have raised objection.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Even the Irish PM is Dublin born, he is only half Indian, his mom being an Irish white lady, he was raised in the Catholic faith, don't think he looted/harmed Ireland.....no comparison between him and Sonia Maino. 

Most countries in the developed world haven't given minorities positions of power like third world India. We have multiple ex-Presidents, Army Chiefs, Chief Justices etc. from minority community, a Sikh PM for 10 years albeit I consider Sikhs as dharmics, just applying Western definition. Had Sonia been India born, nobody would have raised objection.

In Italy, even if someone was born in Italy and was half Italian and half Indian, the people would not accept such a candidate for prime minister. They are a conservative nation.

When I visited Italy I noticed that people did not want to sit next to darker skinned people in public transport.

Southern Europeans are very different to North Western Europeans in this way.