My experience regarding corona

vayuu1

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

dude glad that your mom and dad are safe. question how are you isolating your wife and children from the rest of you. 

They are on 1st floor, and me,mom and dad are on ground floor, mom is in separate room, Dad in other  room ,today I got me and mom tested, report to come tomorrow. 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:44 PM, vayuu1 said:

Hello guy's, this is vayuu1 ,just wanted to share few things with you regarding my experience with corona ,my father use to go outside and walk outside as he is recovering from his spine operation, I use to tell him ,to not roam and plz stay home, but to no avail, around 3- 4 weeks ago my father got sick he was sick for 6-7 days and recovered, in between that period I got sick, but recovered, then mom fell sick ,it started with headache, by 3rdJune  then she developed fever high fever infact 101.8-102.3 ,I got alarmed and shifted wife and kids to upper floor, I called  1075 but to no avail in fact for 4 freaking days I called them but no one picked the phone when I fell sick I told them that I will sleep in separate room same with dad, mom's condition started to get worse as she started having taste issue,unfortunetly during that time testing was stopped in Delhi ,but I  got a feeling that she might be Covid positive, after lot of struggle to get test finally on 6th June I got both my parents tested, kn Monday morning got the report that my mom is Covid positive ,while my father's report was negative, I was scared TBH, in fact that would be understatement,but I couldn't have shown that to my parents, so had a chat with sunnyji and he told me to buy pulse oxymeter,i started calling hospitals as well had chat with Stuge as well, he told me to go to Max saket , beds were not being shown on apps, then I finally decided to put my mom on home quarantine, I informed my neighbors, one of my friend ,my wife and sister that mom has got corona, and I am opting for home quarantine, so I opted for Max akash healthcare, 5600 for 14 days in which they will provide, pulse oxymeter, medicines mask, 2 doctor's consultation, sanitizer,digital thermometer, 

Following were symptoms of my mom 

High fever 

Loose motions

No taste sense

breathing issue,(her blood oxygen rate was 89-91) in beginning 

Then I had chat with doctor, he first asked that if my mother has any heart,lungs and diabetic issue, I told him no, though she has hyper thyroid, he said that's OK and started 10 Day course straight away, sunnyji too was a big help, a gem of a person 

(DO NOT TAKE ANY MEDICINE WITHOUT DOCTORS PRESCRIPTION) 

The medicines doctor prescribed were 

Paracetamol 650(for fever) 

Cyra D (this is antacid medicine) 

Cetil cv 250(antibiotic medicine) 

Retodil (this is to stop loose motion)

A cyrup brozedex sf 2(antibiotic)

Respulse budesal 1mg (for nebulization) 

I also bought oxygen pumps used by trekkers (4-5) ,

Also bought ppe kit 

Was looking for concentrator but didn't found it early on rent so purchased oxygen cylinder 

Those were tough 10 days for me, especially first 5 days as her loose motions were not stopping, though with medicine things started improving very slowly, she only use to have few spoons of  khichdi, 2 biscuit of threptin and 1 bottle of ors for whole day, 

I use to monitor her 4-5 times in a  day ,

For food told wife That Won't come inside when you have prepared food just call me and put food outside on disposable, 

I was very much exhausted, mentally and emotionally, 

Finally round 13th day her condition improved 

It's been 3 weeks and finally she is better, finally govt also woke up and called us on 14th and told us that they are going to put us under isolation for 17 days, after much request they agreed to backtrack date on which my mom's report came, thought of sharing this with you, I know it's long, but so much was happening, I'd like to thank sunny ji for helping me a lot, Stuge way a great help as well, now I am planning to get myself ,mom and dad tested again, so that tension khatam Ho,

My mistake was I should have got her tested earlier, should have been firm and stopped my dad from going outside, but guess now he too got his lesson and plz guy, don't panic coz that's ur biggest enemy, stay safe guys, 

Thank you 

Vayuu1

thanks for the details.

actually i have been going for jog 4 times a week since unlockdown1. During walk i wear mask but during jog , i pull down the mask.

since i am regular on exercise , i feel my immunity has further increased. i have been having tulsi ,adrak tea n kadha too once in few days and vitamin C tablet. 

i may be wrong (you may  share your views) but i feel remaining locked reduces your immunity as you are hardly able to digest what you eat.

my take is to slow jog or brisk walk and carona will be away. In joggers track 90 percent brisk walk or jog without mask and all seem to be increasing their stamina n strength.

i feel develop your strength stamina and immunity by having fruits, vitamin C etc and exercise and do wear mask , also don't get into heavy crowd.

Glad to see that things are fine with vayuu now.

My dad, aged 62, also was having fever (101-102) from past 7 days and dry cough from 2-3 days ...so I read this thread , dr. Kk Aggarwal on YouTube etc. although never tested for covid coz he was confident of getting well.... thankfully dad is fine from today afternoon... fever almost gone and more importantly feeling better and confident that fever won't come back again say tomorrow, as has been the case over the past week ...

What we did was -

Khichdi, soup , Hot water, ginger tea etc.

Paracetamol for 2 days. Orange flavoured glucose, mausami juice

Edited by randomGuy

Glad to hear that every thing is okay with you @vayuu1

Really nice of @Malcolm Merlyn and @Stuge to help. Real gems.

My friend's father was diagnosed with stage 1 laryngeal cancer. He was asked to under go 3 sessions of radiation therapy after a small surgery. As is the rule now, before any surgery he was asked to procure a no Covid certificate. He got his tests done at a "well known" testing lab. He was judged to be covid+ve.

Since most of the covid beds in the hospitals were occupied, the testing lab suggested a multi-speciality clinic where he could get a bed. He was given a quotation of Rs 8 lakhs for around 10 days of treatment. This treatment included providing PPEs, constant temperature checks, 2 meals and a breakfast and hot milk twice a day. By the 8th day, my friend started getting very antsy. There were no covid symptoms yet. And she didn't want the cancer to metastize/ reach stage 2. On the sly she had 2 other testing labs conduct the covid test while her father was under treatment for Covid.

Both the tests turned out to be negative.

On further investigation, it was found that there were many such false positives. Basically collusion between the lab and various clinics to make some money. What is particularly infuriating here is the patient was diagnosed with cancer. But even a possibly life threatening condition is no guarantee against getting conned.

The lab has been banned now. They have lost their license. At least for a few more weeks.

No action against the clinic yet.

My friend's father is done with two sessions of radiation therapy thus far, and is showing some signs of recovery.

Edited by Mariyam

Glad to hear that every thing is okay with you [mention=10750]vayuu1[/mention]
Really nice of [mention=6559]Malcolm Merlyn[/mention] and [mention=872]Stuge[/mention] to help. Real gems.

My friend's father was diagnosed with stage 1 laryngeal cancer. He was asked to under go 3 sessions of radiation therapy after a small surgery. As is the rule now, before any surgery he was asked to procure a no Covid certificate. He got his tests done at a "well known" testing lab. He was judged to be covid+ve.
Since most of the covid beds in the hospitals were occupied, the testing lab suggested a multi-speciality clinic where he could get a bed. He was given a quotation of Rs 8 lakhs for around 10 days of treatment. This treatment included providing PPEs, constant temperature checks, 2 meals and a breakfast and hot milk twice a day. By the 8th day, my friend started getting very antsy. There were no covid symptoms yet. And she didn't want the cancer to metastize/ reach stage 2. On the sly she had 2 other testing labs conduct the covid test while her father was under treatment for Covid.
Both the tests turned out to be negative.
On further investigation, it was found that there were many such false positives. Basically collusion between the lab and various clinics to make some money. What is particularly infuriating here is the patient was diagnosed with cancer. But even a possibly life threatening condition is no guarantee against getting conned.

The lab has been banned now. They have lost their license. At least for a few more weeks.
Does the name of the lab start with T and end with E with a C in the middle?

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

Glad that your mother recovered..if u dont mind may I know your mother's age.. cos my mother is in her 60s now and its scary..also are the symptoms similar in all patients or does they vary? I hve paracetamol, vitamin c tabs at home..do anyone have any idea abt Ramdev's ashwagandha med.. I heard it helps in strengthening the immune system.