Pakistan Beat India So Much That Indian Cricketers Asked Us For Forgiveness After Matches: Shahid Afridi

On 7/5/2020 at 11:48 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Former Pakistani skipper Shahid Afridi has once again stirred up quite the controversy with another pointed remark of his on the Indian cricket team that he and his Pakistani team mates faced during his cricketing days. Afridi created quite the storm with a bold statement stating the during his cricketing days, Pakistan dominated arch rivals India to such an extent that the Indian cricketers would seek forgiveness from them.

https://news.abplive.com/sports/cricket/shahid-afridi-claims-pakistan-beat-india-so-much-that-indian-cricketers-asked-us-for-forgiveness-after-matches-1278308

hysterical.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lagta hain Khansab ke saath saath yeh Afretard Pathan bhi kaali dal ragad rahaa hain!

4 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think what he meant was lighthearted. Maybe the Indian players would joke around them. Because around 96-99ish, India did lose often against them. 

Doesn't make any sense at all. The generation he played against did not have the prior ones baggage, which wasn't exactly lop sided to begin with. Pak was a better team in the 90s but not one that pummeled us. 

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

Doesn't make any sense at all. The generation he played against did not have the prior ones baggage, which wasn't exactly lop sided to begin with. Pak was a better team in the 90s but not one that pummeled us. 

The one that toured India in 98, absolutely annihilated us in ODI's in India and in Sharjah, then again in Australia. Also, Sahara Cup between 97-98ish.

Not saying that his words make sense. 

39 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The one that toured India in 98, absolutely annihilated us in ODI's in India and in Sharjah, then again in Australia. Also, Sahara Cup between 97-98ish.

That 1999 Pepsi Cup in India :((, yeah they destroyed us. I think they had 8-10 consecutive wins against us in that period. Same story in hockey but in early-mid 2000s. We can easily overturn the H2H now but doubt we will ever see more bilaterals in either of these two sports. As much as I am against resumption of bilaterals these H2Hs are damn irritating, in cricket Sharjah/tampering/chucking played a part but in hockey they dominated us fair and square.

59 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sahara cup : We won 4-1 in 1997???. Ganguly was the MOS. 

Sahara Cup
Pakistan won in 96(3-2)and 98 (4-1)
We won in 97(4-1)
Its so sad that we dont play tournaments like these in present era. Considering the gulf in class between 2 team...we would smash them. Had we been playing cricket constantly, I have no doubt our H2H record would have been better by now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 7/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, Rightarmfast said:

I am wondering why a team which lost would apologize? For not winning?

Edited by New guy