Lil Early to Say but this England side are showing Flashes of the Dominant Australian side

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

clearly u dnt wanna learn

no wonder u say but he shud have landed yorkers with dew as if it easy 

i didnt pretend anything , stop crying now . I see things and learn as compare to you who refuses to learn and live with a limited knowledge 

It doesn't happen ,you can't be bowling deliveries after deliveries crap ,down the leg etc

This was choke of highest order

Lol,yes i dont want to learn , I don't want to learn the crap you are spilling,you don't learn but pretend, i don't need to cry just to correct you,

It is you here who has no clue about yorkers and bowling,i have been discussing this as i know what i say and mean,you have been inconsistent with your narrative and reasoning here

Imo England bowling attack is nowhere near ATG level. Not even one bowler who is ODI ATG. Apart from Archer everybody was fighting to secure their spot in team. And Archer too isn't great yet. Unless these bowlers upgrade their performance to what other ATG bowlers have given, they just can't depend on the batting lineup to dominate other teams.  Wood is injury prone. Woakes lacks pace. Rashid has habit of bowling rank bad full toss at time like McGill used to. Ali is part timer. Bowling unit needs lot of improvement to backup their solid batting lineup.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aus tracks are patta do they

Indian tracks are patta do they 

Sa tracks are absolute patta do they

You're saying they aren't? India lost only one match in their last ODI series' in Australia and South Africa. You think they would've been able to do that if they weren't pattas? The last time England was in India, Kedar Jadhav was Man of the Series lol.

By your own admission, England lost to India in the Champions Trophy 2013 when the conditions were helpful to Jadeja, and lost to Sri Lanka in the 2019 World Cup when the conditions were favourable to them. They're pure FTBs. Their "attacking" is useless in challenging conditions where they don't have the ability to adapt.

Try with a wet ball what u want to and see what comes out of hand...with a wet ball cutter is even harder 

By that logic, yorker is the last ball he should've bowled. If you don't get it right, it's either a half volley or a full toss. With a slower ball, at least you upset the batsman's rhythm, and a bouncer is more difficult to hit for a six, slower bouncer and it's even more difficult like Pandya showed.

Again, lots of things he could've tried but didn't because he choked.

Execution failure but he isnt a master if it

Pandya isn't a master of the slower bouncer either. Also if Stokes wasn't a master of it, he shouldn't have gone for it four balls in a row.

Yea again try with wet valk what ever u want to coz the ball slips

So if the ball is slipping you keep bowling yorkers? What logic is that?

You're giving lame excuses to hide the fact that they choked and didn't come up with a better plan even with 7 runs in the bank.

Cricket at the end is all about execution, everyone is smart enough to know what to do. If arm chair experts knws what to do then those guys knw better

Cricket is a lot more than just execution. Not everyone is smart enough. That comes with experience. Not everyone can keep their cool in pressure situations. That depends on the individual's personality and again experience.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

let gill n banton evolve then ill see where they stand in place of hales . Gill n banton are special players 

Gill and Banton might have the talent to become ATG’s, in fact I rate Gill super highly but no way you can declare them better than someone who has some decent proven track record when they haven’t played enough. You can never predict how someone’s career will pan out. I believe that’s the point @Straight Drive bhai was alluding to.

1 hour ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

You're saying they aren't? India lost only one match in their last ODI series' in Australia and South Africa. You think they would've been able to do that if they weren't pattas?

Point is not about who is winning among 2 sides, its about how many teams have patta yet they arent able to play attacking brand of cricket

Look at the scored in that aus n Sa series and look how england scores on their pattas 

1 hour ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

The last time England was in India, Kedar Jadhav was Man of the Series lol.

please check that bowling attack of england 

By your own admission, England lost to India in the Champions Trophy 2013 when the conditions were helpful to Jadeja, and lost to Sri Lanka in the 2019 World Cup when the conditions were favourable to them. They're pure FTBs. Their "attacking" is useless in challenging conditions where they don't have the ability to adapt.

which is why they arent ATG side but look around 85%surfaces are no patta which makes them very powerful in odi 

By that logic, yorker is the last ball he should've bowled. If you don't get it right, it's either a half volley or a full toss. With a slower ball, at least you upset the batsman's rhythm, and a bouncer is more difficult to hit for a six, slower bouncer and it's even more difficult like Pandya showed.

Pandya was bowling to a diff batsman on diff pitch, yes his execution was better

Stokes was bowling to carlos who is tall and wud reach out to even that , check his innings against nz

Again, lots of things he could've tried but didn't because he choked.

thats not choking its lack of experience n struggling with dew 

Pandya isn't a master of the slower bouncer either. Also if Stokes wasn't a master of it, he shouldn't have gone for it four balls in a row.

So if the ball is slipping you keep bowling yorkers? What logic is that?

will u bowl that tall guy a short pitch or length yea good luck 

You're giving lame excuses to hide the fact that they choked and didn't come up with a better plan even with 7 runs in the bank.

if u cant execute no plan will work

Jordon executed his plan and took them to winnings position 

Cricket is a lot more than just execution. Not everyone is smart enough. That comes with experience.

stokes wasnt very exp...had 40 match odi exp not enough but that call lack of exp not choking

that same guy was key player in future situation so 2016 was lack of experience not choking 

Not everyone can keep their cool in pressure situations. That depends on the individual's personality and again experience.

so isnt that an individual falling under pressure then calling whole side a choker 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
41 minutes ago, maniac said:

Gill and Banton might have the talent to become ATG’s, in fact I rate Gill super highly but no way you can declare them better than someone who has some decent proven track record when they haven’t played enough. You can never predict how someone’s career will pan out. I believe that’s the point @Straight Drive bhai was alluding to.

fair enough 

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Imo England bowling attack is nowhere near ATG level.

Where are u reading that i wrote this is an ATG side like WI n AUS

half the ppl didnt even read the OP correctly 

Their bowling attacks works great as a unit not individually but not ATG. I clearly mentioned in OP they have no mcgrath or warne but they are doing well as a unit 

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

. Woakes lacks pace. 

Woakes role is not for pace, its for early wkts that what i meant working as unit...ur breaking them individually

attacks work in unit 

40 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes, there has to be real track record at the next level. Things should not be taken for granted, especially at international level considering there is huge gap between domestic and international level. What Hales or any other cricketer does at international level has far more weightage than what domestic cricketers do in domestic level. The judgement has to come after a fair comparison.

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Where are u reading that i wrote this is an ATG side like WI n AUS

half the ppl didnt even read the OP correctly 

Their bowling attacks works great as a unit not individually but not ATG. I clearly mentioned in OP they have no mcgrath or warne but they are doing well as a unit 

Woakes role is not for pace, its for early wkts that what i meant working as unit...ur breaking them individually

attacks work in unit 

How many matches they have played together that you are considering them as unit.  And great teams will need great bowler, otherwise it will not be a great bowling unit. They don't have someone like McGrath or Warne but still you are saying they are as good as them or even better. How is it possible.

Edited by Straight Drive
8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

How many matches they have played together that you are considering them as unit.  And great teams will need great bowler, otherwise it will not be a great bowling unit.

they have been playing for a year or more which is enough 

They are a pretty good odi side with a lot of options and the number their batsman put on board is enough to put pressure

Its look like they are lesser bowler coz they havent played that much but they are working pretty well together 

If everyone does their job and hunt as pair it is called unit , u dnt need names . Great becomes after a long period time....they are doing their job pretty well and that to pattas

Ur forgetting that a lot of times Mcgrath n warne were injured, even lee was injured a lot of times n gillespie had his issues with wrist  but their B team also use to get the job pretty well 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they have been playing for a year or more which is enough 

They are a pretty good odi side with a lot of options and the number their batsman put on board is enough to put pressure

Its look like they are lesser bowler coz they havent played that much but they are working pretty well together 

If everyone does their job and hunt as pair it is called unit , u dnt need names . Great becomes after a long period time....they are doing their job pretty well and that to pattas

Wood was injured and kept on missing matches.

Plunkett was their number one bowler in ODI not far back. 

Broad was also there.

Now Jordan is back. 

These bowling unit needs many matches together. More experience and better performance needs to be given. One of them atleast has to be an ATG and others have to step up to be compared with the best. 

Flashes of brilliance is no guarantee of success. The brilliance needs to be sustainable  rather than what these bowlers are showing right now.  Windies won the WC more than once, so did the Aussies. England have just taken the baby steps in comparison.

9 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Flashes of brilliance is no guarantee of success.

they already won a Wc and currently are a top side 

9 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

The brilliance needs to be sustainable  rather than what these bowlers are showing right now.  Windies won the WC more than once, so did the Aussies. England have just taken the baby steps in comparison.

yes and thats why i havent said they are ATG again...nowere i mentioned

their a lot of things that needs to be done for flashes to be turned into ATG but they are clicking few boxes....yet to click many that was what OP was about . Many teams arent even able to click that many 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

they already won a Wc and currently are a top side 

yes and thats why i havent said they are ATG again...nowere i mentioned

their a lot of things that needs to be done for flashes to be turned into ATG but they are clicking few boxes....yet to click many that was what OP was about . Many teams arent even able to click that many 

You didn't say it was just a top side. You said you saw brilliance exhibited by Aussies.  The reference is to dominating Australian side in the title, so the debate also will be around that.

Don't disagree it is a top team and that it did not win WC.  

I was debating it is not as dominating as  Aussies. And also that the bowling attack is not what is expected from a dominating team 

3 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

You didn't say it was just a top side. You said you saw brilliance exhibited by Aussies.  The reference is to dominating Australian side in the title, so the debate also will be around that.

flashes that word is in tittle

and i mentioned 4 point which they are doing right , now they are just 4....i knw to be among AUS, WI they need to click many among which is ATG bowlers like Mcgrath n warne which is not in their hand but whats in their hand they are doing it well other teams arent even able to do it 

3 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Don't disagree it is a top team and that it did not win WC.  

I was debating it is not as dominating as  Aussies. And also that the bowling attack is not what is expected from a dominating team 

i never said its as dominating as aussie

surely i knw Aussies were unbeaten in 2 wc and they were beaten in this Wc by 2 poor teams but but my point was they have emulated them in some regds which has paid rich returns ...they are showing some flashes of brilliance but thats like saying 1 min of 3 hrs thing