[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On 5/11/2021 at 7:13 AM, EnterTheVoid said:

Does anybody here watch Saas Bahu serials?

Aaah, those were truly the good old days. 

6 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Finished watching Sacred Games.

Nawazuddin and Saif Ali really are actors of a very high calibre. Well done to the both of them. 

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde? :hmmmm2:

7 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Finished watching Sacred Games.

Nawazuddin and Saif Ali really are actors of a very high calibre. Well done to the both of them. 

Most comic thing was Saif Ali's broken Punjabi..  I was laughing so hard at it.  Season 2 was pathetic though

1 hour ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Can't go past Saas Bahu serials. They're top shelf drama.

Sacred Games is drama of a different kind.

Which one is your favourite?

Saas Bahu serials are basically a montage of a bunch of people decked up in wedding finery even while having breakfast at home, and a zoom in zoom out sequence with loud background music when any character says  absolutely *anything*.

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Any day man. Classico!

Kuch bhi ... I just don't get it.  Two dudes staring at each other for what seems like eternity and a bunch of other dudes being zoomed in and out. 

Ekta Kapoor-esque.  

I was like -- someone turn the fan on, paapaa biLiappange sekhe aagthaithe.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Kuch bhi ... I just don't get it.  Two dudes staring at each other for what seems like eternity and a bunch of other dudes being zoomed in and out. 

Ekta Kapoor-esque.  

I was like -- someone turn the fan on, paapaa biLiappange sekhe aagthaithe.  

adella hangene guru, hagella KeLbaardu (it is like that only, guru, you shouldn’t ask)

Just now, coffee_rules said:

adella hangene guru, hagella KeLbaardu (it is like that only, guru, you shouldn’t ask)

I just don't get why we (those who grew up in India) admire Westerns so much and keep propping them up.  Maybe it is the cinematography or editing, or some other technicality of which I know nothing.  I don't think I've watched even one of them fully.  

2 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I just don't get why we (those who grew up in India) admire Westerns so much and keep propping them up.  Maybe it is the cinematography or editing, or some other technicality of which I know nothing.  I don't think I've watched even one of them fully.  

Movies were closer to Indian psyche of the 70s, 80s . Dishum, Dichkiyon!! Sound effects. Cinematography, action, emotion, drama everything mixed well into a concoction masala entertainment! Sholay copied all of it and till now it is a masterpiece for Indian movies

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Movies were closer to Indian psyche of the 70s, 80s . Dishum, Dichkiyon!! Sound effects. Cinematography, action, emotion, drama everything mixed well into a concoction masala entertainment! Sholay copied all of it and till now it is a masterpiece for Indian movies

But with Sholay, the characters are relatable.  The sceneries are familiar.  The village people are empathizable (if that's a word).  Western movies with cowboys and their shenanigans - meh, my boat wasn't rocked.  

5 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

But with Sholay, the characters are relatable.  The sceneries are familiar.  The village people are empathizable (if that's a word).  Western movies with cowboys and their shenanigans - meh, my boat wasn't rocked.  

To each his own, Sholay was inspired made for Indian audiences, but technically westerns are better movies, locales. Production values. Action etc. appeals to a cult