[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

Family Man 2..

It was surprisingly entertaining as I didnt like trailer. Too many characters but Samantha Ruthprabhu definitely nailed her role. Her character was well written unfolding from expressionless dumb looking girl to blood thirsty militant. Quite lesser screen space but She was riveting with her cold blooded rebel role. Few things were OTT like the mode of attack, how one girl was literally making life of all these agents hell single handedly. 

Edited by Bigg Brother

11 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Seems like it...nothing in first few episodes.. although it does portray Tamil sympathizers for eelam 

Shameonsamantha being trended lol

Yet to watch, but did I read it right, that the PM of India is portrayed on a char like Mamata Begum? That’s a bit far fetched even for artistic freedom! :Giggity:

12 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Have they cut down the propaganda and the agenda peddling?

Actually it was one of the few series I have watched where there was no agenda or hate..  Few of the Netflix ones were quite offensive.  There was this one Ghoul & I still don't know why wasn't that banned. 

Indian web shows can be OTT but that one was beyond offensive

Edited by Lone Wolf

35 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Cinema Bandi.

Couldn't understand the dialect of Telugu they were speaking. 

And I don't like watching Telugu movies with subtitles. Defeats the purpose. 

Karnataka Border, Hindupur or Ananthpur. I was able to watch without subty

16 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Karnataka Border, Hindupur or Ananthpur. I was able to watch without subty

I was able to understand it. But had to really concentrate.

The dialect they were speaking, they were slurring words. Hard to figure out where one word ended the other word started.

Interesting plot line but. 

On 6/5/2021 at 8:04 AM, EnterTheVoid said:

I was able to understand it. But had to really concentrate.

The dialect they were speaking, they were slurring words. Hard to figure out where one word ended the other word started.

Interesting plot line but. 

Directed by the same Andhra duo who directed Family Man. 

Just like the first season, FM2 has kept the OTT narratives of anti-majority, anti-men to a very minimum, whatever is there is hardly noticeable. Respect for its creators, Nodimuru and Krishna (both from Andhra). They kind of failed in Bollywood with some Saif duds like Go Goa. 

The rebel sympathizers angle in TN is far fetched, although. I don’t think they have any presence with local MLAs to openly attack police and intelligence. Akin to Pataal Lok showing lynchings in trains is a daily occurrence. 

Just like the first season, FM2 has kept the OTT narratives of anti-majority, anti-men to a very minimum, whatever is there is hardly noticeable. Respect for its creators, Nodimuru and Krishna (both from Andhra). They kind of failed in Bollywood with some Saif duds like Go Goa. 

The rebel sympathizers angle in TN is far fetched, although. I don’t think they have any presence with local MLAs to openly attack police and intelligence. Akin to Pataal Lok showing lynchings in trains is a daily occurrence. 
Far fetched but there's underlying support in many ..

On 6/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, coffee_rules said:

:phehe:

On 6/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, coffee_rules said:

They kind of failed in Bollywood with some Saif duds like Go Goa. 

go goa gone wasnt a dud, they aint failures in bollywood. They are highly regd and every top star wants to work with them

Happy ending and The gentleman were duds

Shor in the city was a surprise hit and Go go gona did pretty well 

They are as much credited for Stree as anyone since they wrote it and developed it . 

7 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

:phehe:

Didn’t agree with his review, although some of the elements of left filmmakers was there, it was not OTT like Sacred Games or Raazi. 

FM series was about a family man who will have regular family problems indulging in espionage activities. There was no narrative building as blatant as other OTT series like Bard/Ghoul etc.

I liked they way they showed Love Jihad in mainstream cinema, not trying to hide it. 

This interview is phunny, burnol advertisement