[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

On Fri Feb 11 2022 at 11:19 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Gehraiyaan - one of the best hindi films i have seen in ages. Sadly ppl may not like it, last i felt same about LSD. Its dark, complex n intense. Havent seen such a well directed film 

It has such poor reviews though...  South Mumabaikars behaving like South LA:hatsoff:

Deepika is worth watching though 

Bollywood these days is running after Academy awards..  Overdose of wokery & therefore losing the plot & connect with its target audience at ground level.  Poor policies of Indian government are to blame as well.  They are partially responsible for its destruction. 

Overseas the rise of K Pop & quality Korean Cinema has destroyed its Soft power which is very sad actually when u come to think of how big was its impact in India's growth & its soft power in 2000's. 

Great chance for regional Cinema to broader its target audiences & North is still a lucrative market as ever. 

1. Watched pushpa 4 times in last 2 weeks. I connect a lot to it as a golt. The way sukumar gives attention to details while keeping entertainment at core is legendary. Watch out india for sukumar. He is just 50 and has atleadt a decade of excellence.

2. Watched Shyam singha Roy. It is a great movie.  Nani was fabulous. Music superb. Emlotions top class. Pranavaalaya song deserves a national award. 

3. Watched mahaan. Vikram excelled. What a performance. The fellow deserves an award. His son looks amateurish and has a LOT to learn. I have a gripe though. The visuals can be much more colorful and can be on a larger scale. 

On 2/13/2022 at 2:23 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Bollywood these days is running after Academy awards..  Overdose of wokery & therefore losing the plot & connect with its target audience at ground level.  Poor policies of Indian government are to blame as well.  They are partially responsible for its destruction. 

Overseas the rise of K Pop & quality Korean Cinema has destroyed its Soft power which is very sad actually when u come to think of how big was its impact in India's growth & its soft power in 2000's. 

Great chance for regional Cinema to broader its target audiences & North is still a lucrative market as ever. 

Bollywood has lost touch with indic roots. Period.  I would say the tourists that backpack through India are much more experienced in our way of life. 

I am terrified by violence in Korean movies. Does that indicate how mercilessly  competitive Korean society has become? Oh man....

On 2/8/2022 at 11:19 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Reacher right now is amazing on Prime Video. Absolutely amazing adaptation of Jack Reacher.  Protagonist is just perfect Jack Reacher not a shorter /lesser build Tom cruise.  Again sh*** marketing by Amazon that most people don't even know about it. 

Netflix would have promoted it like crazy & it would be currently trending world wide. 

PR & marketing of amazon is truly pathetic. 

I am fan too. The series was fantastic.  Watch Jack Ryan. I liked that as well.

1 minute ago, kepler37b said:

Bollywood has lost touch with indic roots. Period.  I would say the tourists that backpack through India are much more experienced in our way of life. 

I am terrified by violence in Korean movies. Does that indicate how mercilessly  competitive Korean society has become? Oh man....

Korea is a highly non homogenous society & from what I have heard from people is probably most racist place in entire Asia. 

Japan is right up there as well but not as much.  Condition of Workers from Bangladesh India Pakistan is absolute state there.  This doesn't gets highlighted much though. 

Either way Korean Cinema has surely left Bollywood in the dust globally.  The amount of Soft power they now enjoy is otherworldly.  Korean Government has to be given credit for marketing & improvement. 

Indians are obviously far more talented & gifted when it comes to entertainment but we have wrong people in right place. 

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Korea is a highly non homogenous society & from what I have heard from people is probably most racist place in entire Asia. 

Japan is right up there as well but not as much.  Condition of Workers from Bangladesh India Pakistan is absolute state there.  This doesn't gets highlighted much though. 

Either way Korean Cinema has surely left Bollywood in the dust globally.  The amount of Soft power they now enjoy is otherworldly.  Korean Government has to be given credit for marketing & improvement. 

Indians are obviously far more talented & gifted when it comes to entertainment but we have wrong people in right place. 

And we have lot of depth as well. In fact we have potential to be 10 Koreas. Every film industry is unique. 

The major roadblock, in my opinion, is the lack of structured procedure for promotion of talent. Every artist has to jump up various stages of excellence to entertain the world.

But in our country, people just parachute into films  for  just having lot of money or being someone's relative.  I would say we have a very third class acting talent.

Imagine making Schindler list with Ranveer Singh and Ananya Pandey. The director will commit suicide.

19 hours ago, kepler37b said:

3. Watched mahaan. Vikram excelled. What a performance. The fellow deserves an award. His son looks amateurish and has a LOT to learn. I have a gripe though. The visuals can be much more colorful and can be on a larger scale. 

hows the film ?? worth a watch ?? didnt hear good things about the film