[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

Season 1 was awesome S2 not so much. Got bored like I did with Vikings (also amazing). GOT didn't get boring till S7

Vikings was a drag after Ragnar's death.  Nothing can top action TV like Paris seige.  GoT fell off a cliff after season 6.  Season 7 was good in parts. 

Do watch brand new Vikings Valhalla as well. 

RRR - good watch , not as good as hyped. 
great production value as expected of a Rajmouli movie, Masala entertainer 

English acting as caricatures reminded me of Manmohan Desai’s Mard, not as outlandish

Story has some Ramayana associations, we all yelled Jai Shree Ram in the theatre at times! Felt like college times, fun movie , watch it just to spite LeLis

Edited by coffee_rules

On 3/28/2022 at 6:35 PM, coffee_rules said:

RRR - good watch , not as good as hyped. 
great production value as expected of a Rajmouli movie, Masala entertainer 

English acting as caricatures reminded me of Manmohan Desai’s Mard, not as outlandish

Story has some Ramayana associations, we all yelled Jai Shree Ram in the theatre at times! Felt like college times, fun movie , watch it just to spite LeLis

I think pandemic hit the movie bad. The continuity and flow that is hallmark of his movies is missing. 

Jr NTR gave perhaps the performance of the year in a Big movie. 

I thought music from Keeravani is Ok Ok. Pushpa's music was much better.

Again, I give it to rajamouli. To bend two telugu superstars, of rival caste camps, to his vision and will. 

The most positive kick is to see periyarist apologists whining on twitter and youtube regarding sri rama references, while  the movie is making a cool 10 crore per day in TN. 

And yes, it is dammned fun to watch and enjoy. 

Rajamouli makes fantasy, over the top action movies which appeals to Indian masses. If you watch RRR from that perspective, its very good. The first half was probably better than even Bahubali but second half loses a bit of steam compared to the first half but still quite good. The CGI in the ending scenes could have been better. However, I think this has largely to do with the stoppage of production due to the pandemic. Final verdict for me, Rajamouli pulls off another fun, masala entertainer which will be loved by most of Indian junta.  

RRR - Total Bullshiiitte.  Lost patience in the first half itself. Unlike baahubali where you could relate to every major character in the story this one was a total loss. Implausible storyline reduces everything else to a caricature. Walked out with more than 30 minutes left in the film.

SS Rajamouli, stop drinking your own koolaid or else you will become another shankar. Should have listened to my friends advice and skipped this.

Edited by Stan AF

16 hours ago, Stan AF said:

RRR - Total Bullshiiitte.  Lost patience in the first half itself. Unlike baahubali where you could relate to every major character in the story this one was a total loss. Implausible storyline reduces everything else to a caricature. Walked out with more than 30 minutes left in the film.

SS Rajamouli, stop drinking your own koolaid or else you will become another shankar. Should have listened to my friends advice and skipped this.

Agree 200%! The intro scenes of the two heroes are enough to tell the viewer the movie isn't going to end well. Bakwas picture feeding on its own hype and slick marketing.

RRR is a super hit at the box office. SSR movies are a genre of its own. 

They are socio fantasy films based on hindu mythology. Larger than life characters, deep emotions are his hallmark.  There are also subtle themes of hindutva. 

If you want to find realism, you will miss the entertainment. You will be irritated.

Just watch the movie and flow with it from dispassionate pov.

i have seen it second time and give it 4 out of 5.

naatu naatu song is a legend.  Ettara jenda song is very well made. NTR performed like a legend.

This is a movie that you can watch with entire family.

On 4/1/2022 at 3:13 PM, Stan AF said:

i think he had to compromise a lot to satisfy the fans of both the heroes. ntr and ramcharan are demi gods in their caste groups. Lot of artistic flexibility has gone out due to that.

The next movie is with solo hero..mahesh babu. Expect the character development to be much better. 

13 hours ago, kepler37b said:

RRR is a super hit at the box office. SSR movies are a genre of its own. 

They are socio fantasy films based on hindu mythology. Larger than life characters, deep emotions are his hallmark.  There are also subtle themes of hindutva. 

If you want to find realism, you will miss the entertainment. You will be irritated.

Just watch the movie and flow with it from dispassionate pov.

i have seen it second time and give it 4 out of 5.

naatu naatu song is a legend.  Ettara jenda song is very well made. NTR performed like a legend.

This is a movie that you can watch with entire family.

SSR has managed to get a hit thanks to his earlier track record, but this movie is all style, no substance. The plot is shaky, and there are way too many OTT heroism moments which only die hard fans of the heroes can approve. And there are goof ups and plot holes galore. I wish for success of every movie and am happy this movie has been taking in good collections, but it lacks soul and SSR needs to do better next time. 

13 hours ago, kepler37b said:

i think he had to compromise a lot to satisfy the fans of both the heroes. ntr and ramcharan are demi gods in their caste groups. Lot of artistic flexibility has gone out due to that.

The next movie is with solo hero..mahesh babu. Expect the character development to be much better. 

I hope the next one won't take 4 years and 400 crores to make! 

32 minutes ago, nevada said:

SSR has managed to get a hit thanks to his earlier track record, but this movie is all style, no substance. The plot is shaky, and there are way too many OTT heroism moments which only die hard fans of the heroes can approve. And there are goof ups and plot holes galore. I wish for success of every movie and am happy this movie has been taking in good collections, but it lacks soul and SSR needs to do better next time. 

I disagree. Entertainment laden with OTT heroism and emotions is it's soul and it delivered. Personally it fired on all cylinders.

There are some plot holes, but those are microscopic misgivings. 

31 minutes ago, nevada said:

I hope the next one won't take 4 years and 400 crores to make! 

And It will deliver full on unique entertainment across India.  

Edited by kepler37b

On 3/31/2022 at 11:02 PM, Mariyam said:

RRR (3/5)

Not a patch on Bahubali in terms of story telling or visuals. But entertaining in its own right.

The English cast was really caricature like. Almost Lagaan like.

I thought some dialogues were down right racist, on both sides.

20 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Watched kgf2..Felt like an adaptation of first person shooter game to screen with some artificial emotion thrown in.

But entertaining as hell.

I watched it today and I have no idea what the fuss is all about. I feel like Will Ferrell in Zoolander when he says "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills". The movie is so ridiculously over the top and cheesy, the characters are so cliched and boring and the story/plot is  non existent. You are hammered with an extremely loud BGM to the point of becoming deaf and only someone with extreme ADHD will appreciate the 100 cuts a minute. The movie has pretty much nothing to write home about. RRR is like Godfather compared to this movie. 0/5 stars.