Food thread

coffee_rules

My fav- New york cheesecake (not the japanese one). Before lockdown i was on a hunt to find best cheesecake in Mumbai .

Next fav- Burrito bowl (either its punjabi rajma chawal at home n if outside its mexican rajma chawal)

04dde26a8721ea1035a3e6e61ffd660a.jpg?fit

Then its burger and specially at jimis

Love biryani's to but yet to find one that blows my mind- another thing i keep searching in Mumbai 

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

right now in a korean food phase,making kimchi fried rice later.

I use gochujang as a marinade ingredient for tofu occasionally - comes out pretty good, if you can handle spicy.  

Bought Vegan Kimchi to try and make soon dobu jigae, my 5 yr old was so excited to try it, but it was actually pretty crap - she still ate a bit because she was committed.  But it was way too spicy even for folks who can handle spicy, and overall the flavor was nowhere near as great - quite the opposite.  I must have messed up something.  

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Love biryani's to but yet to find one that blows my mind- another thing i keep searching in Mumbai 

Try cooking, you an improvise and make the way you like. I have made Veg Tehri using the Instant Pot, no jhanjhat of pressure cooker etc, comes out amazing. You can even saute vegs/meat (if you prefer) in a saute mode and cook. Can't do dum cooking, you need a traditional oven or a charcoal over to do that, but it is the next best.

30 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I use gochujang as a marinade ingredient for tofu occasionally - comes out pretty good, if you can handle spicy.  

Bought Vegan Kimchi to try and make soon dobu jigae, my 5 yr old was so excited to try it, but it was actually pretty crap - she still ate a bit because she was committed.  But it was way too spicy even for folks who can handle spicy, and overall the flavor was nowhere near as great - quite the opposite.  I must have messed up something.  

Next in my bucket list.

Tried some Veg Sushi (Non-veggies, please don't laugh!) , yes it has rice, guac, cucumber and you dip in hot sauce/ginger sauce mixed with wasabi, can hit you right above your head after a few shots of whiskey!

Edited by coffee_rules

26 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Next in my bucket list.

Tried some Veg Sushi (Non-veggies, please don't laugh!) , yes it has rice, guac, cucumber and you dip in hot sauce/ginger sauce mixed with wasabi, can hit you right above your head after a few shots of whiskey!

Nothing to laugh about - I enjoy 'veg' sushi rolls with the spicy sauce and the pickled ginger. Its delicious - I stick to the ones without the seaweed if i can though.  

On a whim I bought a bottle of "Nannari Sarbath" syrup from the local desi grocery - can somebody here tell me whats the 'good' way to use it? I want to try and avoid screwing it up so that my finicky 5 year old doesn't end up hating it at first taste....

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

On a whim I bought a bottle of "Nannari Sarbath" syrup from the local desi grocery - can somebody here tell me whats the 'good' way to use it? I want to try and avoid screwing it up so that my finicky 5 year old doesn't end up hating it at first taste....

Try this.. it is in Telugu with subtitles, but my wife does it well. Simple and kids will like it.

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Try this.. it is in Telugu with subtitles, but my wife does it well. Simple and kids will like it.

Looks interesting - I can't use milk, my daughter has a severe dairy allergy, and I doubt she will like the basil seeds, but maybe once it gets a bit warmer, after a long bike ride, she may be receptive...

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Looks interesting - I can't use milk, my daughter has a severe dairy allergy, and I doubt she will like the basil seeds, but maybe once it gets a bit warmer, after a long bike ride, she may be receptive...

Oh! That’s a bummer! You can try replacing dairy milk with Soy or Almond milk. You can experiment with dry fruits as she says in the video

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Oh! That’s a bummer! You can try replacing dairy milk with Soy or Almond milk. You can experiment with dry fruits as she says in the video

yeah its not easy - she's also allergic to eggs, so she's a full-on vegan.  Thank god for non-dairy 'milk' options, it helps to address daily protein requirements.  But our main 'milk' is getting harder and harder to find, and I'm suspecting it may be discontinued, we'll be screwed if that happens. 

On 2/15/2021 at 6:33 AM, velu said:

dont take all the credits for spicy food 

our food is spicy but not all our dishes are spicy hot .. butter chicken is spicy but spicy sweet  :whack:

schezwan cuisine is as spicy hot as andhra cuisine ..  and some of the korean dishes are spicy hot as well

Came across this.. I don’t think I have the guts to eat this...