Bumrah in ODIs post-2019 WC

Gollum

23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah looks tired in this series, after 50 odd gruelling days of IPL

cummins also played all matches in ipl and he also batted at 7. a top bowler should be able to deliver 60 overs over two months without getting so exhausted

he is probably looking down because of lack of wickets

24 minutes ago, Serpico said:

cummins also played all matches in ipl and he also batted at 7. a top bowler should be able to deliver 60 overs over two months without getting so exhausted

he is probably looking down because of lack of wickets

Cummins has not looked that good either.  Picked up 2 cheap wickets at the end today.

In both the matches, Cummins was going at 8 runs or 7 runs per over in his first 6 overs or so and generally got hit.

The pressure on us of huge totals have helped the Aussie seamers a lot. Otherwise their bowling figures would have looked a lot worse.

Edited by express bowling
49 minutes ago, putrevus said:

The lack of wickets is hurting them, every bad ball is getting punished.These are very unforgiving pitches. India with no batting fire power reached 300 plus so easily in both matches.

The genius captain being clueless doesn't help either, perhaps is the biggest factor. He changes bowlers in ODIs after 2 over spells as if this is RCB and IPL! His field placements are pathetic and he did not have a plan B at all. The excuse of having only 5 bowlers should not wash his terrible captaincy. Sulking at mid off does no good to team morale. But then when have such things mattered to the genius.

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The genius captain being clueless doesn't help either, perhaps is the biggest factor. He changes bowlers in ODIs after 2 over spells as if this is RCB and IPL! His field placements are pathetic and he did not have a plan B at all. The excuse of having only 5 bowlers should not wash his terrible captaincy. Sulking at mid off does no good to team morale. But then when have such things mattered to the genius.

You need to get rid of this vile against Kohli. That is clearly affecting you plus stop equating IPL to international cricket. Kohli has the most energy seen from any Indian captain on the field.   He did not offer any excuses, he said his team got beat by a better team so stop creating things.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You need to get rid of this vile against Kohli. That is clearly affecting you plus stop equating IPL to international cricket. Kohli has the most energy seen from any Indian captain on the field.   He did not offer any excuses, he said his team got beat by a better team so stop creating things.

I say what I see. Don't have to sugercoat it justbecause you to not like it.

You have offered not one proper response against his poor (rather no) plans, his sulks, his frequent bowling changes and his terrible field settings. Attacking me personally will not solve those issues which are evident in Kohli's leadership.

As for his post match PCs, well he has been doing that for years as RCB captain, so is skilled at those after losing match after match. It hasn't helped RCB nor will it help India.

3 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I say what I see. Don't have to sugercoat it justbecause you to not like it.

You have offered not one proper response against his poor (rather no) plans, his sulks, his frequent bowling changes and his terrible field settings. Attacking me personally will not solve those issues which are evident in Kohli's leadership.

As for his post match PCs, well he has been doing that for years as RCB captain, so is skilled at those after losing match after match. It hasn't helped RCB nor will it help India.

I don't care about RCB or IPL , RCB is not international cricket where teams can buy better players and rig the system.

What plans does any captain have when  others team loses no wickets for 30 overs, I am not attacking you personally you at all , all I am saying is you have too much vile against him. When your two best bowlers are carted all over the park any captain will appear clueless. 

There is nothing wrong imo about his captaincy. he became a better leader and better batsman after becoming a captain. Is he perfect captain who has nailed everything no but I would take him over any other international captain.

You don't score 21 100s in 91 matches as a captain if you are unable to handle the pressure.  Yes he has not won big cup but he has captained only two major tournaments.  

34 minutes ago, Nikola said:

I think good teams have played him better as well.

uUaHblY.png

Bumrah has already played 16 matches against Aus & 11 against NZ which is not small sample size.

Yep his record suggests so..  He wasn't a wicket taker anyway as he only has one 5 fer but he used to control runs.  Now he is not doing both for a while. 

Either he is found out.  I have a bad feeling about him going forward

Previously Finch used to be troubled by Bunrah. Finch came up with a good strategy against Bumrah this series. He has played defensively against Bumrah and Shami more than against other bowlers and avoided getting out and thus not giving a breakthrough against new ball. Then he has tonked Saini, Chahal and Jadeja to capitalise on the slow but steady start.

Now is Bumrahs chance to fight back and come with better plans and more importantly execute those plans on the field. 

Shami also is not picking wicket with new ball. So both bowlers are not helping each other as well. 

The opening bowling has been very poor in last 5 ODI's, in fact so poor that it is a major reason why India is losing these ODI's recently.

Hope they start to pick wickets with new ball.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Kohli has the most energy seen from any Indian captain on the field.

why does this matter? did finch show any of that energy today? why didn't he shout and scream abuses when hazlewood was kicking asses and taking names in last game? good captains shouldn't be decided by dramatic antics on field. No great captain was defined by the energy they displayed on field. He has to show that aggression in bowling plans and field sets

3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

why does this matter? did finch show any of that energy today? why didn't he shout and scream abuses when hazlewood was kicking asses and taking names in last game? good captains shouldn't be decided by dramatic antics on field. No great captain was defined by the energy they displayed on field. He has to show that aggression in bowling plans and field sets

Energy on field is the most important aspect , don't get confused between energy and antics. Kohli has both.What aggression will he show when his two best bowlers are being carted around. 

15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Energy on field is the most important aspect , don't get confused between energy and antics. Kohli has both.What aggression will he show when his two best bowlers are being carted around. 

Ahh so the energy only comes out when your bowlers are taking wickets. so what is the use of such energy? good for broadcasters?