Bumrah in ODIs post-2019 WC

Gollum

fZS2nVe.jpg

3 wickets he picked: #11 Zampa, Finch after his 100 previous match, Labu today. Not one wicket in his opening spell, lack of wicket taking deliveries throughout the innings, yorkers missing, just going through the motions and smiling like an idiot after getting clobbered for 4s and 6s. 

For someone who can't hold a bat and who is clumsy like Jar Jar Binks on the field, some shocking numbers. What's wrong? 

Edited by Gollum
4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Was terrible, as bad as Umesh. 

Bc NZ mei aadhe test tou miss hi hojata by the time you wake up. I didn't watch most of it but was he that bad? I remember him picking 2-3 wkts late in 2nd test but I didn't know he was leaking runs as well 

Just now, SK_IH said:

Bc NZ mei aadhe test tou miss hi hojata by the time you wake up. I didn't watch most of it but was he that bad? I remember him picking 2-3 wkts late in 2nd test but I didn't know he was leaking runs as well 

2nd test 2nd innings he started coming in the groove, too late by then. Before that terrible. But as you said can be overlooked, batsmen were to blame. If you can't score 400 runs across 2 innings in a test match even Lloyd's quartet won't save you from defeat. 

15 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Was terrible, as bad as Umesh. 

This is where Shastri's statement comparing to 1980s sounds hollow. Those WI teams had 7 or 8 great great fast bowlers who could fill in and do very well if main bowlers were hurt or had to rest. India after big three has noone, this notion  many ICFers have that Saini or Siraj  should have been given chances so India could have had depth is completely bogus.

Nether Saini nor Siraj are in the class of  those three in test cricket. I don't put much stock on these odis.These pitches are so flat it is completely wrong to assess any bowler.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Hope he does well in this series too. Saini or Siraj don't give me any confidence.

Bumrah looks tired in this series, after 50 odd gruelling days of IPL.

He needs some rest before the test series.

Also, he is bowling a bit defensively and that is a mindset issue. He was much more aggressive and attacking in the IPL.and the 2nd test in NZ.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah looks tired in this series, after 50 odd gruelling days of IPL.

He needs some rest before the test series.

Also, he is bowling a bit defensively and that is a mindset issue. He was much more aggressive and attacking in the IPL.and the 2nd test in NZ.

No difference was Bolt always was putting pressure by talking early wickets.Finch is a sitting duck if ball moves an inch but nobody is able to do it. Shami is one change bowler in tests and odis too.  So there is no pressure of wickets from Shami either.