UK NHS likely to roll out CoViD 19 vaccine as early as Dec 7.

BacktoCricaddict

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

Hope someone tells them that the NHS strictly regulates distribution, and tourists would be last on the list - after car thieves and murderers.  

On 12/2/2020 at 11:43 AM, Clarke said:

@BacktoCricaddict Once approved, this will be the first time an RNA vaccine will be used on humans on such a scale, correct ? 

What's your view on the reported neurological issues by a Chennai volunteer for the AstraZeneca vaccine ? Even if its a remote possibility, say one in hundred thousand, its a bit scary for common folks.

AstraZeneca isn't an RNA vaccine. 

23 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Sure, it's possible, and with no other data (other than lack of biological plausibility for RNA to cause this complication) to counter a neurologist, I may have to defer to their judgment.  On the flipside, they don't have anything other than elimination, either, so jury is still out.   

At any rate, this may still be a 1 in 10^6 occurrence, but showed up during the clinical trial.  Ongoing post-treatment monitoring (often called Phase IV) and data-reporting is critical.    

AstraZeneca vaccine is adeno vaccine combining with Oxford and SII.

13 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

You are correct.  Thank you for pointing it out.  In my hurry to respond, I had missed the Oxford-AstraZeneca reference.  

No one claimed it as such; two separate questions tapping your brain on the topic of vaccines, especially with the issue of rollout. 

If I'm not wrong, did you not work on plants, maybe seed development or crop science ? Or was it some other member I'm mixing up ?

5 hours ago, Clarke said:

No one claimed it as such; two separate questions tapping your brain on the topic of vaccines, especially with the issue of rollout. 

If I'm not wrong, did you not work on plants, maybe seed development or crop science ? Or was it some other member I'm mixing up ?

Got it.  My assumption was that your main concern was with mRNA vaccines due to their novelty.  Well, it's no worry either way. Gave me a chance to allay fears about mRNA vaccines and reiterate that they are potentially safer than the already super-safe vaccines made by old technologies.  

You are correct about my other interest.  I work on gene discovery for engineering drought tolerance in plants.  Jack of a few trades - teaching at a smaller primarily undergraduate institution gives me the flexibility to put out tentacles in many directions.  

Just out of curiosity, what's your field of work?

On 12/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, Clarke said:

No one said it is genius, good that I know another troll to ignore.

So what's troll in this? I was responding to cricaddict as he said RNA vaccine doesn't have side effect but vaccine we will be getting in India isn't RNA.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Got it.  My assumption was that your main concern was with mRNA vaccines due to their novelty.  Well, it's no worry either way. Gave me a chance to allay fears about mRNA vaccines and reiterate that they are potentially safer than the already super-safe vaccines made by old technologies.  

You are correct about my other interest.  I work on gene discovery for engineering drought tolerance in plants.  Jack of a few trades - teaching at a smaller primarily undergraduate institution gives me the flexibility to put out tentacles in many directions.  

Just out of curiosity, what's your field of work?

I'm a helicopter pilot with the air force. No wait that never happened, so i do what 3 out of 4 engineers in India do, work in IT. 

If you followed the latest news in India, Pfizer as well as Serum Institute of India have applied for emergency use authorization (separately, for their own vaccines based on different mechanisms, in case one needs to point out). I wonder if the former can be approved considering there were no trials in India AFAIK. If somehow approved now or later, there's roughly half a billion preorders from other govts already for Pfizer to fulfill first while some local infra can be set up.

I reckon 2022 might be when us healthy adults in India can procure our shots of freedom whichever the brand, after you westerners have had yours and so have our essential workers, armed forces, senior citizens, people with comorbidities and so on. That may be the best case scenario assuming all goes as per plan.

Edited by Clarke

On 12/6/2020 at 2:40 PM, coffee_rules said:

You guys have it all wrong. This vaccine is containing nano particles, and through IoT 5G technology it will be used to alter human DNA to make us slaves of WEF and Bill Gates. Covid mane Certificate of Vaccine Identification. Yeh main nahin kehta hoon, yeh to Lal topi ka gyaan hain

Remember anti CAA, anti 370, all was projected as anti Constitutional by the same experts and they argued that they were fighting for Indian Democracy and Constitution

Vaccines use some sort of chemical which comes from pigs. A lot of Muslims are aware of it. hence the opposition. Instead of spelling real reason these guys are expert at making illogical claims.

Bottomline, be it anti conversion bill, be it Kashmir, be it Love Jihad, be it democracy, be it leftist idoelogy, be it communism, be it anti Macron, be it anti America, be it anti jew, be it anti America, Muslim fundoos are allways working to implement Sharia.

15 minutes ago, mishra said:

Remember anti CAA, anti 370, all was projected as anti Constitutional by the same experts and they argued that they were fighting for Indian Democracy and Constitution

Vaccines use some sort of chemical which comes from pigs. A lot of Muslims are aware of it. hence the opposition. Instead of spelling real reason these guys are expert at making illogical claims.

Bottomline, be it anti conversion bill, be it Kashmir, be it Love Jihad, be it democracy, be it leftist idoelogy, be it communism, be it anti Macron, be it anti America, be it anti jew, be it anti America, Muslim fundoos are allways working to implement Sharia.

The gelatin that is used as a stabilizer?

Shouldn't Jewish people be against it too then?

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

The gelatin that is used as a stabilizer?

Shouldn't Jewish people be against it too then?

I don’t know. I incidentally came to know when I told to one my doctor frnd that in our office meeting, it was only couple of Muslims who sounded anti vaccine. He told me this vaccine has it and it could be possible reason

Humans are not wired for objective risk assessment.  This article may help.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/12/04/get-ready-for-false-side-effects

If you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway.

But if you took those ten million people and gave them a new vaccine instead, there’s a real danger that those heart attacks, cancer diagnoses, and deaths will be attributed to the vaccine. I mean, if you reach a large enough population, you are literally going to have cases where someone gets the vaccine and drops dead the next day (just as they would have if they *didn’t* get the vaccine). It could prove difficult to convince that person’s friends and relatives of that lack of connection, though. 

It could prove difficult to convince that person’s friends and relatives of that lack of connection, though. Post hoc ergo propter hoc is one of the most powerful fallacies of human logic, and we’re not going to get rid of it any time soon. Especially when it comes to vaccines. The best we can do, I think, is to try to get the word out in advance. Let people know that such things are going to happen, because people get sick and die constantly in this world. The key will be whether they are getting sick or dying at a noticeably higher rate once they have been vaccinated.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict