Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

14 hours ago, Khota said:

Salaried people end up paying taxes but rich folks seldom do.

a lot of people in the informal economy and professionals who deal in black ( doctors, dentists, lawyers etc) arent rich as industrialists are.  There is a fine line of how much you want to tax these people as the more black they have the more they spend in the retail economy which raises GST for the Gov and more employment but again these retail avenues continue the black money cycle. There must be a way to incentivise people and businesses to pay a 'fair' amount of tax which doesn't impact their lifestyle and spending habits

9 hours ago, khadekhademaaro said:

aap pravasi bharatiya nahi lagte hain. khwabon ki duniya mein rehte hai ? ,  :hysterical:

Aakhade kabhi jhoot nahin bolti. Tax rates are different for different types of income is khwabon ki duniya? All rich are not hotel owners in chandi chowk 

8 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

a lot of people in the informal economy and professionals who deal in black ( doctors, dentists, lawyers etc) arent rich as industrialists are.  There is a fine line of how much you want to tax these people as the more black they have the more they spend in the retail economy which raises GST for the Gov and more employment but again these retail avenues continue the black money cycle. There must be a way to incentivise people and businesses to pay a 'fair' amount of tax which doesn't impact their lifestyle and spending habits

Corporates avoid taxes generally by reinvesting into business is not same as Tax theft by businesses (professionals/non professional/shops/small factories ) who simply decide to not enter income in books.

Here in UK, small shop owners used to make massive sales but weren’t paying the dues. Government introduced multiple Supermarkets every town and that was end of it

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Corporates avoid taxes generally by reinvesting into business is not same as Tax theft by businesses (professionals/non professional/shops/small factories ) who simply decide to not enter income in books.

Here in UK, small shop owners used to make massive sales but weren’t paying the dues. Government introduced multiple Supermarkets every town and that was end of it

but the black economy is a very very small % of the wider economic ecosystem. It's not limited to shop owners- even tradespeople like plumbers and builders can take cash without VAT

On 5/22/2023 at 9:24 AM, bharathh said:

It's true. 

I rarely have cash in my wallet. In major cities you don't need cash for any transactions. The only time I've used cash is when I go camping/trekking as I'm not sure of the data connectivity in some areas. I did have to use it in Leh and Kashmir though due to the connectivity issues. 

Still, 2000 Rs notes hardly have any significance today except for hoarders.

Even foreign tourists can avail of this feature. 

I visited India after 4.5 years, and the biggest change I noticed?  Digital payments. By far.

I felt like a freakkin dinosaur.  I was at a "Paatre angadi" (kitchenwares shop) counting cash at the counter and 3 people walked past me, flashed their phone in front of the PayTM QR code, and walked away with their stuff.  And there I was going "ainooru, saaviraa, saaviradainooru ... (500 ... 1000 ... 1500 ...)."  It was a bit humiliating :-)

The most amusing thing?  I have never, ever read a QR code.  Ever.   

8 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I visited India after 4.5 years, and the biggest change I noticed?  Digital payments. By far.

I felt like a freakkin dinosaur.  I was at a "Paatre angadi" (kitchenwares shop) counting cash at the counter and 3 people walked past me, flashed their phone in front of the PayTM QR code, and walked away with their stuff.  And there I was going "ainooru, saaviraa, saaviradainooru ... (500 ... 1000 ... 1500 ...)."  It was a bit humiliating :-)

https://www.denso-wave.com/en/technology/vol1.html

This might help you Profsr :--D

6 hours ago, diga said:

Very cool Sat morning coffee reading.  Thank you! 

From a more practical standpoint, I've just not found a good enough QR code reader yet for my Android.  I downloaded one when I was in India, but it was crap so I gave up.  Any recommendations?

17 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

:laugh1: Only NRIs use cash. I lived in India for 2 years back in 2015. So I used Paytm, Swiggy, iMoble , Olx, Urban co. 

Back here I have started Apple Pay, Venmo, Zelle 

Treasure trove of convenience 

13 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Very cool Sat morning coffee reading.  Thank you! 

From a more practical standpoint, I've just not found a good enough QR code reader yet for my Android.  I downloaded one when I was in India, but it was crap so I gave up.  Any recommendations?

The native app on my S22 works fine for me.. even from a distance of 7-8 feet

4 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Hmm ... I don't even know that my A20 has a native QR code app.

Camera software on all smartphone should come integrated with QR code reader...   digression aside, the UPI payment gateway will heavily challenge credit card biz in the short term. 

2 hours ago, diga said:

Camera software on all smartphone should come integrated with QR code reader...   digression aside, the UPI payment gateway will heavily challenge credit card biz in the short term. 

Rupay is already kicking the traditional giants. Apparently, 65% of all debit cards are Rupay cards although CCs have a long way to go. Definitely worrying for Visa and Mastercard.

https://business.paytm.com/blog/rupay-card-growth-in-india-ft/#:~:text=According to a new RBI,credit card market in India.

Farmers protest 2.0 is back

Farmers' protest: Delhi turns into fortress as thousands march to India capital

Who are the protagonists?

In the earlier protests, almost all the farmer organisations in Punjab, Haryana and Western Uttar Pradesh, numbering more than 40, had come under the Sanyukt Kisa Morcha (SKM). This time a breakaway faction of that umbrella body is spearheading the protests. Sanyukt Kisan Morcha (non-political) excludes major farmer leaders which had hogged the headlines last time such as Darshan Pal, Joginder Singh Ugrahan, Rakesh Tikait, Balbir Singh Rajewal and Gurnam ..

This is part of AAP election campaign. I hope Police manages to deal with these hoolighans and AAP /INDI Alliance people. NCR can not be held at ransom. I dont mind if Police has to kill few AAP leaders to send messaging and stop the blockade

if the centre hasnt learnt anything from 2022 then im sorry you cant take BJP seriously- this is a classic pre election anarchy creation to make the gov look bad.

You cant have a repeat of 26th Jan again where scores of CRPF and police were assaulted- dont care about optics. Deal with these khalistani funded rioters with an iron fist and drive them back all the way to Punjab- get the fking Army in fgs!