Bumble: "Joe Root is the missing link and England should bring him back for the T20 World Cup"

sage

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-9374049/DAVID-LLOYD-Joe-Root-missing-link-England-bring-T20-World-Cup.html

It's been fantastic to watch this England side in the Twenty20 internationals but I reckon there’s a missing link who would enhance their chances of winning this year’s World Cup.

Joe Root hasn’t played T20 for England for almost two years but I would bring him back for the tournament in India in October and I believe Eoin Morgan will do that.

Root is England’s best player of spin — he’s inventive, particularly on the sweep, and his bowling would be invaluable in this side, as it was at the last T20 World Cup in India in 2016.

Joe has a massive workload and it’s only right he’s being rested now. But I think England are boxing clever by keeping him up their sleeve for now and will bring him back later this year when conditions will suit him just as much as their power hitters.

But, if logistics can be sorted out, one of England’s big hitters may be looking over their shoulder at World Cup time — and that means Jason Roy, Dawid Malan and Jonny Bairstow must keep getting runs between now and October to be safe.

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Doesn’t matter. Lesser players have such patches. Root is a bonafide ATG and one of the greatest batsman of the current generation. Fab 4 for a reason.

You dont drop such match winners 

Its not a patch, we are talking about his entire career. He scores a 50 every 4 match and this is the first time he hs not scored a 50 in consecutive 4 matches. Thats god level consistency. Plus he is ICC no 1 t20 ranked player, not root