Who is most hated indian cricketer?

King6

Dhoni was a breath of fresh air initially, people turned on him towards the end when he seemed disinterested and going through the motions. But he won trophies.

Kohli though, hate is a strong word but its his actions and behaviours which are disliked not only by fans but by the team itself, their performance noticeably improves when he is not there. 

Hard to say, us forumers don't often reflect total opinion. Dhoni had a cult following even in 2019-20. I used to be the only one in favor of dropping him from LOI team against 20+ others at my workplace, and that is a core tech domain. Imagine the commoner opinion.

Edited by Clarke
5 minutes ago, King6 said:

Ok I am watching cricket since 2007. Azharuddin for fixing?

Yes.  Definitely.  He was at the centre of the low point in Indian cricket in the late 90s and is much hated for his role in match fixing.  Regardless of all the legal wranglings by the AP high court etc. that may have absolved him some, he is still much hated by cricket fans.  Now, there is obviously a group of people who think he is worthy of being a lawmaker and voted for him to be an MP, but I think a vast majority of cricket fans will not forgive him.  Fair or not, that is the way it is.  

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

To be fair Azhar was so beloved before he was hated, time heals wounds, so now since he has been forgiven and we have moved on, we only tend to remember the silky batting and all those quirks he had.

So true.  There seemed to be a child-like innocence, even naivete about him when he first started.  Then the 3 ruthless hundreds, but no change in the innocent demeanor for years after that.  Then, started the whole Bijlani thing - how could he, oh so innocent boy, be unfaithful to his wife and go after the other woman?  And then the fixing saga.  If he was an arrogant jerk from the beginning (like Manoj Prabhakar was), it would've been easier to digest.  But with Azhar you never saw it coming and felt jilted and betrayed - what happened to the innocence? 

OK ... time to go watch some old videos of Azharuddin murdering attacks with his wrists.      

Edited by BacktoCricaddict