Which of these batsmen least belongs in modern ODI cricket?

Which of these batsmen least belongs in modern ODI cricket?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these batsmen least belongs in modern ODI cricket?

Dhawan was the easy pick but 2nd option is Rahul. 

Rahul May look more aesthetically pleasing with the bat but Iyer has the right attitude.

So from that list 

Ro and Ko belong in any odi era.

Iyer and Rahul are the only 2 options so going with Rahul as the least suitable one.

4 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

How I wish England didn't win their fluke/lucky WC. We wouldn't have overrated thier FTBs so much. 

I swear dude, funnily enough Naseer/ Artheton are in awe of the mental fortitude of the Indian players

Pakistan and Australian experts literally start and end every other sentence with Rohit or Kohli when they talk about cricket

Everyone including Indian fans are celebrating how we are the top side in all 3 formats

But our ICF fans  want the entire team to be replaced :hmmmm2:

Edited by Global.Baba

If it wants, Ind can do away with all 4 (some of them are probably relics now) to have a top 7 like below for e.g. 

Gill

Kishan

Samson

Pant

SDP 

SKY

Jadeja 

Add upcoming players such as Padikkal, Gaekwad, Shaw, etc. too, who can play in the top order (#1-3) ... The fielding will improve too 

6 minutes ago, zen said:

If it wants, Ind can do away with all 4 (some of them are probably relics now) to have a top 7 like below for e.g. 

Gill

Kishan

Samson

Pant

SDP 

SKY

Jadeja 

Add upcoming players such as Padikkal, Gaekwad, Shaw, etc. too, who can play in the top order (#1-3) ... The fielding will improve too 

These 3 players in your list - Gill,Padikkal and Gaekwad- even though I rate them quiet highly for their talent, I can bet right now you will turn on them in a heartbeat once you see them play in odis and t20’s against quality sides.  This is obviously on how you just like the highlights instead of little strategies and nuances of the game these days.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

These 3 players in your list - Gill,Padikkal and Gaekwad- even though I rate them quiet highly for their talent, I can bet right now you will turn on them in a heartbeat once you see them play in odis and t20’s against quality sides.  This is obviously on how you just like the highlights instead of little strategies and nuances of the game these days.

They are already competitive and will improve with experience duh ... of course, if you want to keep worshiping the relics and want to resist upgrading your software, be my guest 

Dhawan with be 38 at the 2023 WC, Rohit 36, Kohli 35.

Is winning the 2023 WC the target for Indian cricket, or are we happy losing in the semifinals again? 

I think we can have at most two of these 4 batsmen in the xi for the 2023 WC. 

Edited by SinNombre
30 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I swear dude, funnily enough Naseer/ Artheton are in awe of the mental fortitude of the Indian players

Pakistan and Australian experts literally start and end every other sentence with Rohit or Kohli when they talk about cricket

Everyone including Indian fans are celebrating how we are the top side in all 3 formats

But our ICF fans  want the entire team to be replaced :hmmmm2:

I think you are rather confused the I in ICF stands for Indian not Intelligent :--D

We played a nearly perfect batting lineup yesterday. So, you have to be patient with them and not conclude based on one match.

This loss is a blessing in disguise for us because this will force our top 4 to bat at a quicker pace and not leave all the hitting to lower order batsman.

Our batting lineup is perfect now with the only feasible change to be replacing Dhawan but you know it will not happen as easily.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Pant

Pandya

Backups-  Gill, Shaw, Iyer, SKY

Edited by Majestic
3 hours ago, SinNombre said:

Dhawan with be 38 at the 2023 WC, Rohit 36, Kohli 35.

Is winning the 2023 WC the target for Indian cricket, or are we happy losing in the semifinals again? 

I think we can have at most two of these 4 batsmen in the xi for the 2023 WC. 

we are happy with losing in first round because Rat will give some excuse or the other and pose and simper for the camera.