Do we need spinners against England?

Indian spinners vs England  35 overs 283 runs  8.08 ER

Krunal 4 fours 7 sixes
Kuldeep 9 fours 8 sixes  

We have conceded 15 sixes and 13 fours in the middle overs. Not like they are being targeted in the death overs. 

England spinners vs India 32 overs 206 runs 6.43 ER

Ali 5 fours 1 six
Rashid 6 fours 6 sixes

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Krunal 4 fours 7 sixes
Kuldeep 9 fours 8 sixes  

We have conceded 15 sixes and 13 fours in the middle overs. Not like they are being targeted in the death overs. 

Ali 5 fours 1 six
Rashid 6 fours 6 sixes

I think the Better question would be ,are spinners required on these belters and short boundaries ?

My answer is no ,unless you are a magician and certainly over rate plays a part 

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Krunal 4 fours 7 sixes
Kuldeep 9 fours 8 sixes  

Ali 5 fours 1 six
Rashid 6 fours 6 sixes

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oy2cxayj3i08tacgy1

22 hours ago, G_B_ said:

It should be mentioned our spinners were battling dew

Unfair comparison.

But i agree we simply dont have high calibre spinners in loi.

I would reserve my observation till i saw them bowling first as you said without dew.. hell and heaven difference while chasing and batting first..

England's best side: odi for Asian Condtions 

Roy

Bairstow

Root

Morgan

Stokes

Buttler

Curran

Rashid

Woakes

Wood

Archer

Replacements are not as good with billings, Livingstone and perhaps Ali and Tom Curran. Not good depth. 

India best team odi ideally. 

Ishan Kishan

Rohit

Kohli

Pant

Rahul

Pandya

Jadeja

Shardul

Bhuvaneswar

Bumrah

Shami

Replacements are sky, paddkial, Shaw, Dhawan, Mayank, natrajan, prasidh Krishna, 

I think India has a slight edge overall but it's very very close. 

ofcourse we need spinners,not all tracks in India are so flat as we found in Pune,England would have lost all the LOI games if the spinners had some help from the pitch.my pet peeve with modern games is the lack of talent from modern batsmen to play spin,the flat track bullies of england can only win on pitches which have no seem movement or offer any spin.

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

ofcourse we need spinners,not all tracks in India are so flat as we found in Pune,England would have lost all the LOI games if the spinners had some help from the pitch.my pet peeve with modern games is the lack of talent from modern batsmen to play spin,the flat track bullies of england can only win on pitches which have no seem movement or offer any spin.

One big factor in selection of spinners is the DEW factor .  If i am not wrong , dew will be more in Oct -Nov period in India than summer .

If so if you bowl first , 2 spinners may be a good option and if bowl later ,  2 spinners may be burden under dew .

Its a double edged sword. 

I would prefer Nattu over 2nd spinner vs Eng , while i am OK for  2 spinners with other teams if spinner can still bowl decently .

23 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

One big factor in selection of spinners is the DEW factor .  If i am not wrong , dew will be more in Oct -Nov period in India than summer .

If so if you bowl first , 2 spinners may be a good option and if bowl later ,  2 spinners may be burden under dew .

Its a double edged sword. 

I would prefer Nattu over 2nd spinner vs Eng , while i am OK for  2 spinners with other teams if spinner can still bowl decently .

One solution  would be to groom Washi as a top 5 batsman for the 2023 World Cup.That way you always have the option of a spinner and since he is already playing test cricket should be able to make use of the condition