Vaccine theory

Real McCoy

3 minutes ago, ash said:

Fair enough. Most of Our vaccination centers are not properly ventilated with no crowd control, so they is a high chance that people just get Covid because of the crowd at the center. Also proper education is required, since many think they are immediately immune to the virus after the first dose. Apart from these two, the vaccine do not actually cause virus. 

Regarding the safety, yes there are risks. It just comes down to a personal choice, whether you are willing to risk covid, or take the jab. 

Good to know that you think the vaccines work to some extent and covid is real, unlike some others here who are just dealing in conspiracy theories. 

And it's that personal choice that is being taken away though with decisions like these isn't it?

Once a precedent is set where the Gobarmints/Private sector can restrict people from participating in society/fire them from jobs based on their reluctance to take a newly manufactured pharmaceutical product, there is no coming back from that.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

And it's that personal choice that is being taken away though with decisions like these isn't it?

Once a precedent is set where the Gobarmints/Private sector can restrict people from participating in society/fire them from jobs based on their reluctance to take a newly manufactured pharmaceutical product, there is no coming back from that.

I don't support this FYI. I think it is the duty of the government and private companies to understand why their citizens and employees are reluctant. Is it a concern about vaccine safety or is it conspiracy **** like the vaccines contains gps to track location. 

Also 

I don't understand why some people don't seem to accept that most people won't take a foreign object into the body and will inject a fluid into them. The same people will go woke when it comes to rape and coerced sex but how is this not rape or a coerced invasion into someone's body.

ICMR says this:

mixing-covishield-covaxin-shows-better-results-icmr

@BacktoCricaddict what does one make of this?

Isn't Covishield supposed to have a 3 month gap for maximum effectiveness? What should be the gap here?

I would have LOLed hard, but it's the ICMR making such claims.:afraid:

Sounds a lot like my paternal grand mom. 

Her solution to any ailment was 

1) timely prayers 

2) mix marwareed with Adulsa and consume with hot water. For everything from cough to fractured bones to diabetes.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

ICMR says this:

Isn't Covishield supposed to have a 3 month gap for maximum effectiveness? What should be the gap here?

1) timely prayers 

2) mix marwareed with Adulsa and consume with hot water. For everything from cough to fractured bones to diabetes.

Vaccine hai yaa Pani Puri where teekha aur meetha pani mix kar rahe hain?  

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

ICMR says this:

1) timely prayers 

Here mixing doesn't mixing two vaccines together. Here it means mixing of dosages, taking two different vaccine shots for first and second which is logical. Me too was planning to take Covaxin after Covishield. They have already done it in USA. 

Just now, rkt.india said:

Here mixing doesn't mixing two vaccines together. Here it means mixing of dosages, taking two different vaccine shots for first and second which is logical. Me too was planning to take Covaxin after Covishield. They have already done it in USA. 

I know that. It's mentioned in the article. :rolleyes:

Why is it logical to take two different shots?

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Vaccine hai yaa Pani Puri where teekha aur meetha pani mix kar rahe hain?  

They are not mixing vaccines.  It's like taking two different meds at different times for an illness and both work. 

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I know that. It's mentioned in the article. :rolleyes:

Why is it logical to take two different shots?

Because both vaccines work differently and generate different antibodies to neutralize the virus. Diverse antibodies will be better for Duffy variants instead of having same which may not work on every variant. The important thing to have is number of antibodies and effect of antibodies in different variants. Having same vaccine twice may not provide the best results than having two different types of vaccines like we have multiple medicines for one illness and can be prescribed at different times. Same here 

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Because both vaccines work differently and generate different antibodies to neutralize the virus. Diverse antibodies will be better for Duffy variants instead of having same which may not work on every variant. The important thing to have is number of antibodies and effect of antibodies in different variants. Having same vaccine twice may not provide the best results than having two different types of vaccines like we have multiple medicines for one illness and can be prescribed at different times. Same here 

Okay, so a laywoman question:

Why stop at just two? Why not add Sputnik V and J n J to the mix too, going by this line of reasoning. Space each out by a few weeks.

A vaccine guldasta.

9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Okay, so a laywoman question:

Why stop at just two? Why not add Sputnik V and J n J to the mix too, going by this line of reasoning. Space each out by a few weeks.

A vaccine guldasta.

Why not if a study indicates that.

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

It was a joke. Having said that, God help us if people take this lolsamplesize of 18 seriously.

It already happened in US. People taking different vaccines.  We all have taken so many different vaccines since born. Why people are surprised taking different vaccines for this?

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

It was a joke. Having said that, God help us if people take this lolsamplesize of 18 seriously.

But it's not 'people'.

It's the ICMR which has made this claim!

Would be interesting to see what impact this has on the vaccine roll out in the country.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It already happened in US. People taking different vaccines.  We all have taken so many different vaccines since born. Why people are surprised taking different vaccines for this?

In US, CDC says vaccines are not interchangeable.

We had similar advice here at the start of the roll-out. And now we're being told "mixing" is all good based on a sample of 18 people who got the cocktail "inadvertently"? Wow :hatsoff:.

@Mariyam Looks like your questions are answered by @rkt.india and @Jimmy Cliff.  I would be hesitant to take a first dose of Covaxin and 2nd of Covishield (or vice versa) unless they extended the initial inadvertent success into a statistically sound (yes, here is that term again) study.  My guess is that the ICMR's claim is based on supply-demand gaps.  I was even apprehensive about extending the AZ/C'shield 1st/2nd dose gap from 4 weeks to 8 or 10 or whatever arbitrary number they eventually came up with.  If the clinical trials were done with 4 week gaps, then you administer with 4-week gaps until there is another solid study showing 8-week gaps are okay.  But, supply issues probably dictated the gap extension.