zen

Which is your favorite Indiana Jones?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Raiders (1)
    • Temple (2)
    • Crusade (3)
    • Skull (4)

Good news for Indy fans is that the 4 films collection will be available in 4K w/ Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos next week (some folks may have already begun to receive their copies) ... Indy 5 is currently being shot as well (Not directed by Spielberg but Mangold) 

With relatively more buzz now for these films, it is a good time to discuss these including your favorite. 

Below is how I see the films in general:

• Raiders - the original 
  • Temple - the darkest Indy (the events in the film take place before Raiders so a prequel) 
  • Crusade - back to the original 
  • Skull - an old Indy in action 

I like all the films including the Crystal Skull but my favorite is Raiders (also among my all time favorite films)!

Edited by zen

My fav series after James Bond. Skull is the worst, the CGI is as atrocious as the shark video of Prabhas. They should have stayed with old school film making. For entertainment and repeat value , hard to pick between Raiders and Crusade. I like Raiders for the original concept, execution and action and Crusades to maintain that vibe. Don’t care much about Temple or Skull. Temple is indulgence for western audience, Indians colonial tribals eating monkey brain. Facking idiots

1 hour ago, Khota said:

The first one.

Now I am getting confused, one with Amrish Puri was not bad either.

The films have different tones. Raiders is easy going (has most modes of transportation in it from horses, cars, trucks, planes including a seaplane, boats to submarine), and there are multiple locations providing layers to the story,  while the 2nd one has a dark and focused tone (in terms of story timeline, it is a prequel as events in it happen before Raiders), taking place mostly at a single location and also sporting good action sequences 

Both films have excellent intro segments as well. Since they are relatively different type of films, your favorite can depend upon whether you prefer the original tone or the darker focused one. Anyways, you can’t go wrong with either!

Edited by zen

I binge watched the first 3 films in their new 4K DV transfers, which has better color (more natural), subtle HDR (flames, explosions, glitter on dresses, etc. pop up), and excellent black levels. The detail is good on many of the scenes, making those segments appear as if they were shot recently ... The old transfers (HD/Blu-ray) have red-yellow tint to them and can appear oversaturated 

Crusade

- wonderful chemistry between Connery and Ford

- explored IJ's origin and gave more depth/understanding to/of his character

- loved the chase sequence at the start

- fun, better comedy

- enjoyed the finishing act

Haven't watched these movies for a while, may give a rewatch. Not Doom however, too dark and not my taste. Even Skull was entertaining though it was (my fav) Blanchett's worst ever role. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Haven't watches these movies for a while, may give a rewatch. Not Doom however, too dark and not my taste. Even Skull was entertaining though it was (my fav) Blanchett's worst ever role. 

Your impressions could change in a rewatch esp. if watching them after a long time ... Give Temple a shot too, if you can (unless you find it too dark), for its excellent intro section and nonstop action in the last hour ... If you do plan to watch Temple too as a part of your plan to rewatch the series, try to watch the series based on the story timeline: Temple (1935) -> Raiders (1936) -> Crusade (1938)

Good to know that you liked Skull ... Usually, people, who did not like Skull at first, also appear to like it in the 2nd watch (with expectations now under control) 

Edited by zen

On 6/8/2021 at 4:16 AM, zen said:

Harrison Ford shooting for Indy 5:

himozjkrxw371.jpg

I don't know who this guy is or what exactly is his cue to fame, but this is Anil Kapoor's get up from Mr.India.

Sasti hat.

Ill fitting dirty brown jacket.

Corduroy grey pants.

This Jones guy is such a copycat.

Edited by Mariyam

5 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I don't know who this guy is or what exactly is his cue to fame, but this is Anil Kapoor's get up from Mr.India.

Sasti hat.

Corduroy grey pants.

This Jones guy is such a copycat

People can spend a lot for that outfit :p:

Edited by zen

I have seen 2-3 but don't remember which one was which. What I remember the most is the scene in the Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy calmly shoots at the swordsman who shows off his talwar baazi skills. And the tweed jacket with bow tie outfit he wears as a professor. 

15 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Sasti hat.

Corduroy grey pants.

This Jones guy is such a copycat.

Have you heard "Tu mile, dil khile, aur jeene ko kya chahiye" song? It is from the Indian movie Criminal, which is a rip off from the American movie Fugitive, in which Harrison Ford is the hero. 

Crusade FTW. Raiders wasn't too bad either - but I didn't see the point of Indy in that movie. Agreed with Amy in BBT... But must have been awesome to have seen it in the theatre when it first came out - esp the rock scene.. Watched it recently... still fun - although it feels a bit stretched.

40 minutes ago, nevada said:

I have seen 2-3 but don't remember which one was which. What I remember the most is the scene in the Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy calmly shoots at the swordsman who shows off his talwar baazi skills. And the tweed jacket with bow tie outfit he wears as a professor. 

Time for you  to schedule some time to rewatch the series :orderorder:

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Have you heard "Tu mile, dil khile, aur jeene ko kya chahiye" song? It is from the Indian movie Criminal, which is a rip off from the American movie Fugitive, in which Harrison Ford is the hero. 

Why do you call it a rip off?? :(( 

Bollywood bettered an average Hollywood flick. 

Also the Hollywood movie didn't have catchy music. That's a cardinal sin right there.

Its not very different from the advent of Islam. Our prophet was is the seal of prophets. He revealed the final message which was a bettered amalgamation of all earlier messages. :dance:

Its like an I phone 12 vs I phone 1 comparison tbh. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Its not very different from the advent of Islam. Our prophet was is the seal of prophets. He revealed the final message which was a bettered amalgamation of all earlier messages. :dance:

Its like an I phone 12 vs I phone 1 comparison tbh. 

True, Final prophet banake, killed all competition (literally) :Giggity:

Edited by coffee_rules