OPINION | How PM Modi Defied Petty Oppn Politics to Turn Around India's Vaccine Policy

Trichromatic

25 minutes ago, Khota said:

Delhi population density makes the task more difficult.

This is like a war. Would you ask J&K, Punjab and Rajasthan to defend against Pakistan on their own incase Pakistan attacks?

Sure it's difficult, but there is a difference between struggling and failing completely to do anything.

What did Kejri manage to do on his own during 2nd wave?

If it's like war then expect center to fight war, but don't expect Punjab to even stop supplying essentials to citizens and throw everything on shoulders of center.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

First states dont have resources.

Second states by themselves cannot go in a bubble.

So what are state govts for then? May as well only have a central govt. According to you state govts can do nothing by themselves as everything requires resources.

Also if a state govt gives away most of its budget in providing free stuff ... where will they have money to do anything else? 

Best was the door to door delivery of rations... Kejriwal wanted to spend central funds used to procure rations to distribute it free to ppl. These are the same ppl that do not want a census done - nor do they want ID cards to be provided to ppl. I wonder how they were planning to ensure that the correct ppl got their supplies - even if this hare brained idea was somewhat feasible. Of course, the ppl of India should keep paying for thier so called socially conscious schemes. I wonder when the Delhi govt is going to announce free laptops for ppl as the internet is now a critical resource.

Edited by bharathh

I have noticed something unique among Kejriwal supporters - anything happens in Delhi is apparently not under CMs jurisdiction.

Delhi riots - Amit Shah & Centre is responsible since police is under them.

JNU issues - Since its a public central university, its under Central govt.

26 Jan Riots - Centre issue since law & order of Delhi police is under home minister

Covid cases - Since Vaccine is under central govt scheme, nothing CM can do.

Arre bhai then why do we even need a CM in Delhi if Center is ruling everything there? I am not blaming only Kejriwal but if its indeed the case that Delhi CM has no power and everything is managed by center, we may get rid of Delhi CM post all together or give him more powers.

Poor guy only open schools whole year :giggle:

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I have noticed something unique among Kejriwal supporters - anything happens in Delhi is apparently not under CMs jurisdiction.

26 Jan Riots - Centre issue since law & order of Delhi police is under home minister

Arre bhai then why do we even need a CM in Delhi if Center is ruling everything there? I am not blaming only Kejriwal but if its indeed the case that Delhi CM has no power and everything is managed by center, we may get rid of Delhi CM post all together or give him more powers.

He has a full time job showing his constipated face on TV ads and coming up with hare-brained schemes.

42 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Delhi CM post is there to take credit. 

NGO opens covid center, he can visit that and announce it in press conference. 

ITBP opens covid center, he take credit for that. 

Center does something, he can take credit. That's his role. 

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Actually its Muncipal Commissioner ,leader type role with certain additional rights. Because Centre saw the risk of some sold leader with foreign funding, taking over Delhi hostage. Hence they acted on Kejri. Now he is just looking after transport , health, education , environment plus few stuff and freebies.

Recently, he has been stripped off his ability to unilaterally organise JNU, Shaheen bagh,Riots like when foreign dignitaries say Trump, Macron type make visit or 26 Jan republic day riots, Denying poor UPites to have access to Medical infra of Delhi or pushing them out of Delhi when Covid hits and so on. While existing ones can happen but now he has to go to LG if he wants to organise another such event. 

He and his party is nothing but a NGO run by some very smart brains outside the country. So, he will improvise to do some more damage. But for time being, he is done.

Edited by mishra

9 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

are these factually incorrect ?

12 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Sure it's difficult, but there is a difference between struggling and failing completely to do anything.

What did Kejri manage to do on his own during 2nd wave?

If it's like war then expect center to fight war, but don't expect Punjab to even stop supplying essentials to citizens and throw everything on shoulders of center.

Centre should have had mass vaccinations started in January. They failed.

12 hours ago, bharathh said:

So what are state govts for then? May as well only have a central govt. According to you state govts can do nothing by themselves as everything requires resources.

Also if a state govt gives away most of its budget in providing free stuff ... where will they have money to do anything else? 

Best was the door to door delivery of rations... Kejriwal wanted to spend central funds used to procure rations to distribute it free to ppl. These are the same ppl that do not want a census done - nor do they want ID cards to be provided to ppl. I wonder how they were planning to ensure that the correct ppl got their supplies - even if this hare brained idea was somewhat feasible. Of course, the ppl of India should keep paying for thier so called socially conscious schemes. I wonder when the Delhi govt is going to announce free laptops for ppl as the internet is now a critical resource.

State govt job is to implement if given the resources, No more.

12 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Which resources? Why aren't they developing resources? 

Seriously you are asking this question? How can states come up with vaccines? Centre has to provide it.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

This thread is a classic example of deflection.

BJP is not responsible, it is the states.

If general population is like this, India is *ed. There wont be any need for BJP to do any better, they can getting reelected on religious divisions alone.

Edited by Vilander

50 minutes ago, Vilander said:

If general population is like this, India is *ed. There wont be any need for BJP to do any better, they can getting reelected on religious divisions alone.

This is one of the worst mismanagement in India's history and here we have people making excuses for ineptitude.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Seriously you are asking this question? How can states come up with vaccines? Centre has to provide it.

vaccines wasn't only issue in 2nd wave. 

BTW didn't kejri demanded that states should be allowed to procure vaccines. Ask same question to him. 

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Centre should have had mass vaccinations started in January. They failed.

They did.. ppl did not show up. They started with 60+ and ppl with comorbidities and essential personnel. 

I guess you expect the govt to have delivered the vaccines to the doorstep like pizza and mobiles and say, "Pls yaar.... pls take vaccine na yaar" to those not willing to take it. 

When my parents went for their vaccines there was 0 crowd in the hospitals for vaccines - I mean the BJP vaccine. They were in and out in 30 mins (20 mins waiting time for observation after the injection). It took my dad longer to park his car. Only in late March when the numbers picked up ppl got scared and rushed to the hospitals.

WTF can you do when ppl don't do their bit? And you want 70% vaccination coverage? Even if the mission was to ensure 70% of Indian were supposed to get a Vada Pav or masala dosa - this would not be possible. We're talking about vaccines here. The Polio vaccine took decades to reach its current level and we're talking about weeks!

Unrealistic much?

Edited by bharathh

8 minutes ago, bharathh said:

They did.. ppl did not show up. They started with 60+ and ppl with comorbidities and essential personnel. 

I guess you expect the govt to have delivered the vaccines to the doorstep like pizza and mobiles and say, "Pls yaar.... pls take vaccine na yaar" to those not willing to take it. 

When my parents went for their vaccines there was 0 crowd in the hospitals for vaccines - I mean the BJP vaccine. They were in and out in 30 mins (20 mins waiting time for observation after the injection). It took my dad longer to park his car. Only in late March when the numbers picked up ppl got scared and rushed to the hospitals.

WTF can you do when ppl don't do their bit? And you want 70% vaccination coverage? Even if the mission was to ensure 70% of Indian were supposed to get a Vada Pav or masala dosa - this would not be possible. We're talking about vaccines here. The Polio vaccine took decades to reach its current level and we're talking about weeks!

Unrealistic much?

Show me one purchase order where they even bought 500 million vaccines. It was all talk and mission accomplished BS. Everyone in my family got COVID. Everyone.

34 minutes ago, Khota said:

If 70% of population was vaccinated there would be no second wave.

Which country/continent had vaccinated 90 crore population by Feb end. 

Did even entire world vaccinate 90 crore people by March? 

Entire world probably vaccinated barely 40-50 crore population by May. 

But Modi should have vaccinated 90 crore population before 2nd wave. 

If entire India had vaccinated in 2018, covid first phase wouldn't have happened.