Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award rechristened as Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award

Trichromatic

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Bhakts claim that nothing has been done under congress rule in last 70 years but ironically same bhakts are now giving a ride to 100s of roads , stadium etc built and named after congres leader under congress rule to defend mudi.

:giggle:

Can you post source of this claim?

11 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

FM Cariappa is from Kodagu, was the chief of Indian Army, won back Kashmir for India from the attack of Pakistani tribes. 

Not to diminish his contributions there were many involved. Dont rewrite histoy.

15 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

That’s not the point, that he deserves the name of the park more than Rajiv Gandhi 

I agree. But I also am not in favor of renaming. Tomorrow RSS will start going after Gandhi too.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Samna is absolutely spot on here, all creditjeevi fenku wanted was some cheap publicity hence the timing of the decision was chosen accordingly to grab maximum attention.

It is a political game.

Some things are beyond politics, some icons are beyond politics. 

This should have been done much earlier. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I agree. But I also am not in favor of renaming. Tomorrow RSS will start going after Gandhi too.

BLM has already gone there, calls out his racism in SA.

So, you think these award names are cast in stone? Once named it has to stay forever. IG and Nehru awarded Bharat Ratna to themselves. RaGa was awarded posthumously . Let Modi bring in a policy where are these public money funded awards and venues be appropriately named after real people and not any political figure.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

BLM has already gone there, calls out his racism in SA.

So, you think these award names are cast in stone? Once named it has to stay forever. IG and Nehru awarded Bharat Ratna to themselves. RaGa was awarded posthumously . Let Modi bring in a policy where are these public money funded awards and venues be appropriately named after real people and not any political figure.

Gandhi was not racist.

Do you think with change in govt these names need to be changed?