Will Root end up with a higher average than Kohli?

sage

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Root shined even before resignation. Virat struggled even before resignation.  Typically players attain peak around the age of 30 (assuming they didn't make debut at 16) Tendulkar attained his peak at 25.  Kohli hit his peak at 30 or 31 too. Then he regressed. Difference is Kohli did zilch on either side of peak. Root was a reasonable batsman even before the peak.

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

root-a-toot can easily play into 40s if he wants. man has fitness, skill, etc

Bhai what's your prediction on coolies average? I expect it to go down to 46 47. 46 I will say at the end of his career.

If he ever hits 50 average by helping us win in SA or England then I am willing to wire transfer money to Adamant. 

Edited by speedracer
9 hours ago, Vijy said:

root-a-toot can easily play into 40s if he wants. man has fitness, skill, etc

Absolutely. Root is light years ahead. Lol at Indian fans thinking coolie was some goat level player haha. 

What is his level. He is at best a ghujara level which means he is still a great player but not a true great. Ghujara can't just perform in Oz and proclaim himself as one of the greatest. He needs to perform in England and one of SA or nz too. You can have an issue in one country or 2 max. Most true greats have glaring holes in one or 2 countries  max. 

Edited by speedracer
18 hours ago, speedracer said:

Absolutely. Root is light years ahead. Lol at Indian fans thinking coolie was some goat level player haha. 

What is his level. He is at best a ghujara level which means he is still a great player but not a true great. Ghujara can't just perform in Oz and proclaim himself as one of the greatest. He needs to perform in England and one of SA or nz too. You can have an issue in one country or 2 max. Most true greats have glaring holes in one or 2 countries  max. 

true greats have one or zero. Sacchu had an avg of 40+ in all countries IIRC. and stewie smith is also like that

Edited by Vijy
2 hours ago, speedracer said:

Bhai what's your prediction on coolies average? I expect it to go down to 46 47. 46 I will say at the end of his career.

If he ever hits 50 average by helping us win in SA or England then I am willing to wire transfer money to Adamant. 

I am going to say 47. If it continues to drop as now, I think he will retire because otherwise it will tarnish his brand too much

Just now, speedracer said:

Smith 9.5 yes

Root 9

Coolie 7

Kane 7

I would give 9 to Kallis/Sangakkara. Root doesn't have a hundred in Australia so 8.5.

Coolie and Kane is a tricky one but atleast Coolie has iconic knocks in England, South Africa and Australia. Kane has nothing in South Africa or England that I can remember. The WTC Final was won by Jamieson. Kane just scored some runs in 150 run chase, partnered by Taylor.

Hardly matters who ends at what avg. Kohli has already done enough to be ranked among the best India has produced. Show me one batsman who was as consistent as Virat. Also Root/Kane/Smith would have only made a fraction of money compared to Virat, in the end 1-2 avg runs less is nothing compared to 1000cr more in bank.