Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Reverse swing was all because of bottle caps. Waqar wasn't faster than Umran. There have been many bowlers faster than Waqar. 

let us agree to disagree. I don't think  this guy is faster than Waqar.I also disagree that reverse is all about bottle caps.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Reverse isn't all about bottle caps but the kind of reverse Waqar, Wasim used to get was all about bottle caps.

I don't think so, you are taking away all their talent.Which is completely unfair.Did they benefit from bottle caps , yes but they are more than just bottle caps.

They are like Barry Bonds of cricket. Bottle caps cannot take away their greatness.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think so, you are taking away all their talent.Which is completely unfair.Did they benefit from bottle caps , yes but they are more than just bottle caps.

They are like Barry Bonds of cricket. Bottle caps cannot take away their greatness.

Wasim was a true great ,same can't be said about Waqar

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Wasim was a true great ,same can't be said about Waqar

Wasim is the one of most talented fast bowlers and the best left arm fast bowler who has played this game.So in comparision Waqar falls short.But it does not mean Waqar was not a great fast bowler.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Brutal. Hope he does well. I like the fact that he already has a great bumper. Now needs yorkers and then slowly work towards moving the ball in and out. Eventually get a slow ball. 

New bumrah then.

14 hours ago, putrevus said:

let us agree to disagree. I don't think  this guy is faster than Waqar.I also disagree that reverse is all about bottle caps.

History is often exaggerated. The magic of Waqar was not just his pace. It was his bowling partners too. Imran, Wasim, qadir, Mustaq... They were all deadly. Waqar was fast, but he was never clocked. Whenever he was clocked, it was around 150's.

Waqar was not as fast, at his fastest, as the initial Shoaib Akhtar. And the initial Shoaib Akhtar at his fastest was 153-154. 

This guy looks definitely is up there with Bond, and initial Akhtar in terms of pace. 

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

History is often exaggerated. The magic of Waqar was not just his pace. It was his bowling partners too. Imran, Wasim, qadir, Mustaq... They were all deadly. Waqar was fast, but he was never clocked. Whenever he was clocked, it was around 150's.

Waqar was not as fast, at his fastest, as the initial Shoaib Akhtar. And the initial Shoaib Akhtar at his fastest was 153-154. 

This guy looks definitely is up there with Bond, and initial Akhtar in terms of pace. 

Imran or Qadir rarely played with Waqar.Waqar made his debut in 1988 not 78.He would have been great with or without any other partners.Akthar was not even half the bowler as Waqar.Fast bowling is much more than speed.

Still there is no way this guy is faster than Waqar.If he becomes even 1/2 th of  Waqar then he would be a great bowler.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Imran or Qadir rarely played with Waqar.Waqar made his debut in 1988 not 78.He would have been great with or without any other partners.Akthar was not even half the bowler as Waqar.Fast bowling is much more than speed.

Still there is no way this guy is faster than Waqar.If he becomes even 1/2 th of  Waqar then he would be a great bowler.

Waqar was more like Shami in terms of speed. Seen several matches of him against other countries.  Akram occasionally could bowl a genuine quick stuff. Waqar was fast. Not express.  He was always about wobbling the ball in the air.  Due to that late swing batsmen often succumbed while reading the trajectory. His  run up gives you an illusion that he is express.  Back then there were only a handful who were able to bowl 90 mph consistently. Donald was one. Brett Schultz was considered to be quicker than Donald. Until Akthar/Brett Lee arrive we didn't have any 150 kph. Zahid was the fastest for Pakistan.  Neither Ambrose nor Walsh were express.  For India Srinath was the fastest. Visually Brett Lee/AKhtar are the fastest i have seen. Akhtar can look insanely quick. Umran Ali is comfortably quicker than Waqar ever was. But in terms of skills that is a completely different topic.

35 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Waqar was more like Shami in terms of speed. Seen several matches of him against other countries.  Akram occasionally could bowl a genuine quick stuff. Waqar was fast. Not express.  He was always about wobbling the ball in the air.  Due to that late swing batsmen often succumbed while reading the trajectory. His  run up gives you an illusion that he is express.  Back then there were only a handful who were able to bowl 90 mph consistently. Donald was one. Brett Schultz was considered to be quicker than Donald. Until Akthar/Brett Lee arrive we didn't have any 150 kph. Zahid was the fastest for Pakistan.  Neither Ambrose nor Walsh were express.  For India Srinath was the fastest. Visually Brett Lee/AKhtar are the fastest i have seen. Akhtar can look insanely quick. Umran Ali is comfortably quicker than Waqar ever was. But in terms of skills that is a completely different topic.

Nantie Hayward was one of the fastest bowlers I have ever seen bowl. He is faster than Donald and shchulz. He was the quickest saffer bowler ever. 

Would put him on par with Lee. He was rapid as *.

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nantie Hayward was one of the fastest bowlers I have ever seen bowl. He is faster than Donald and shchulz. He was the quickest saffer bowler ever. 

Would put him on par with Lee. He was rapid as *.

Yes. He was very fast.  Guys like Fanie, Brian Mccullum, Merryck Pringle were military medium pacers.