T20 WC - Round 1

Norman

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

and that's the reason why I will just grin and bear all the other ancillary trash baggage that comes with the IPL.

Your reasoning was fine there but here is the issue with cricket in general, associate teams or even Nzl/Eng are usually getting good quality rejects from Pakistan, South Africa and to a lesser extent  Zimbabwe. 

The ones that rejected from India, Australia ,Nzl etc are of an inferior quality may be due to the reasons you mentioned.

However the problem is that associates are still not able to conjure up a decent enough team despite getting decent immigrants in their side. They have to scrape the bottom of the  barrel to construct a team.

Thats actually a bigger problem. Even though that wasn’t the essence of my original post, I am just building on your theory.

138/8

Fayyaz Butt to Saifuddin, out Caught by Jatinder Singh!! 2 in 2 for Butt! Another slower ball, on a good length and Saifuddin came charging down to create some momentum of his own for the big shot. Still failed to get the desired connection on the flat-batted hit, picking out Jatinder who does his Shikhar Dhawan celebration thigh slap in joy.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Your reasoning was fine there but here is the issue with cricket in general, associate teams or even Nzl/Eng are usually getting good quality rejects from Pakistan, South Africa and to a lesser extent  Zimbabwe. 

The ones that rejected from India, Australia ,Nzl etc are of an inferior quality may be due to the reasons you mentioned.

However the problem is that associates are still not able to conjure up a decent enough team despite getting decent immigrants in their side. They have to scrape the bottom of the  barrel to construct a team.

Thats actually a bigger problem. Even though that wasn’t the essence of my original post, I am just building on your theory.

Cricket is a high skill sport - and the top players can only succeed if they are brought up on a steady diet of playing with and against high quality peers.  Associates do not have this at their disposal, and that's why expats quickly work their way up the ranks and into 'national teams'.  Its not a paucity of athletic ability or "talunt" - its the apprenticeship that big doses of quality first-class cricket that holds back associates.  

ICC if they really cared about 'developing' associate cricket, would have figured out a way to connect the top associate teams to regional 'test' countries' FC circuit.  But apathy and laziness rules the day.