31st Oct | India vs New Zealand, Do or die match | What should be the team combo ?

nsareen

The lack of fast bowling options mean one of Bhuvi or Shami will continue. Thats one handicap. 

Then comes the Hardik Pandya conundrum. Why has this guy been selected? He won't bowl, team doesn't trust him to bat 4 overs. 

Need Rahul to be in touch against Kiwis, otherwise it will be a similar surrender. 

Edited by SK_IH

Thing is if nzl lose to pakistan on Tuesday (most likely to happen) ,the nzl game on Sunday will be a virtual knockout .

And we know how we play in KOs under captain doofus !

Everything will go wrong come Sunday, we'll lose the toss ,boult will rip a new one ....

3 minutes ago, Mohan Swamy said:

Shami and Bhuvneshwar need to be dropped. Go with Bumrah and Shardul as your pacers, and play three spinners.

Get rid of Pandya and bring in Ishan Kishen.

And pray that you win the toss and bowl first.

Dew is a big factor in defending scores! India do not have a RASHID who may still be able to keep things quiet even with the dew, we have ASHWIN, who doesnt event have a consistent run-up.

3 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

Has a better strike rate than Shami. In T20 I will go for the wicket tacking ability even if you give away some runs, shardul is famous for his out of the blue double strike overs. I will take my chances with him rather than old 124 KPH Bhuvi.

Thakur definately feels a better choice considering he gives a batting cushion & he has a golden arm ( atleast in the IPL he has shown to have )..

8 minutes ago, nsareen said:

fergusen / boult would be too hot to handle for the little ishan..

He smacked Mark Wood in the warm up so not like he can't handle pace.  Ferguson usually bowls in middle overs. 

Boult at best is 140kph & Southee will open the bowling alomg with him. 

Kishan can provide us a flying start.  Even of they go with a Santner over at the start