Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Bans Sale Of Non-veg Food At Stalls Along Public Roads within 100-meter radius of schools, colleges, and religious places.

Alam_dar

1 hour ago, urbestfriend said:

100 meters to religious places is understood as most Hindus wont tolerate nonvegetarian in and around the temples..But banning the non veg stalls near school and college is not correct. 

Could it be hygiene standards? Non-veg stalls and meat not maintained well can cause diseases spread relatively more?

it will s only main roads, but the same stalls can be opened in a by-lane next to the main road. Anyhow, the ban doesn’t make sense 

19 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Could it be hygiene standards? Non-veg stalls and meat not maintained well can cause diseases spread relatively more?

it will s only main roads, but the same stalls can be opened in a by-lane next to the main road. Anyhow, the ban doesn’t make sense 

Eating hot steamed chicken  Momo's is much safer than eating Gol gappa from thela as the man will put his hand in water from hygiene point of view.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, MultiB48 said:

This reminds me of my hostel back in Bhutan ,it's a bit gory but here goes.Every year some birds would flock around the campus and the kids would trap them in nets but wouldn't kill them as they were Buddhists,so they would get me to kill those poor birds and then they would get them cooked and eat them.Once they had some issues with the wardens and got reported to the principal who then brought in the police and lamas to threaten us.

This reminds of our friends from north east and their love for dog meat. Rest assured street dogs around the campus lived in fear. I used to count the missing ones at some point. 

Edited by ravishingravi

On 11/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, urbestfriend said:

100 meters to religious places is understood as most Hindus wont tolerate nonvegetarian in and around the temples..But banning the non veg stalls near school and college is not correct. 

Most *Gujju Hindus maybe. Most of our temple functions end with keda virunthu ( Goat meal )

On 11/16/2021 at 7:59 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Majority of Indians are non vegetarians.  Don't think anyone can dictate what one wants to eat. 

I am not sure about Gujjus though.  

Ahmedabad is majorly vegetarian and so is Gujrat and many other states in North like UP MP Rajsthan. 

7 hours ago, mishra said:

Ahmedabad is majorly vegetarian and so is Gujrat and many other states in North like UP MP Rajsthan. 

While Rajasthan definitely is...  Many of my UP mates were staunch non vegetarians.  In fact all of college mates from UP & Bihar were non vegans.  Biharis were hardcore ones though. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

While Rajasthan definitely is...  Many of my UP mates were staunch non vegetarians.  In fact all of college mates from UP & Bihar were non vegans.  Biharis were hardcore ones though. 

Trust me on this. Your college must be having people from cities, specially Metros. If you consider women as part of population, then number if vegetarian becomes very high apart from few states which border with seas as ocean.