Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Bans Sale Of Non-veg Food At Stalls Along Public Roads within 100-meter radius of schools, colleges, and religious places.

Alam_dar

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

I hate the smell of meat. It's just intolerable. Eating meat is one's preference but non-veg stalls should be kept away from busy roads and markets. 

Dont dictate what others eat. Many gujju food turn my stomach and nose. 

If you have a problem, you adjust, don't force your lifestyle on others 

Just remember one thing, 65 to 70% of indians are non veg. Whether you or goverment try this, you will get a befitting reply 

We talk about majority adjusting to minority, this is one area where majority have always adjusted to minorotiy of vegeterians in india, from housing to other things, non vegeterians are always discriminated against. The majority of neat ewters have always been patient and understanding. In any party accodomating their needs, trying to avoid eating in front of themz etc

Dont take our patience for weakness

Edited by New guy

8 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Bans Sale Of Non-veg Food At Stalls Along Public Roads

https://www.republicworld.com/india-news/city-news/ahmedabad-municipal-corporation-bans-sale-of-non-veg-food-at-stalls-along-public-roads.html

There should be no stalls what so ever on public roads in any tier 1 or tier 2 cities, to much mayhem, noise etc, market like areas need to come where all these stalls could function together, but I bet people will try to find a religious angle to this.

19 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Majority of Indians are non vegetarians.  Don't think anyone can dictate what one wants to eat. 

I am not sure about Gujjus though.  

Around 40% gujaratis eat non veg, Haryana, Punjab, Gujarat and Rajasthan are predominantly vegetarian states. image.png.ae75481469b23324da716d5d421353f9.png

3 hours ago, New guy said:

Dont dictate what others eat. Many gujju food turn my stomach and nose. 

If you have a problem, you adjust, don't force your lifestyle on others 

Just remember one thing, 65 to 70% of indians are non veg. Whether you or goverment try this, you will get a befitting reply 

We talk about majority adjusting to minority, this is one area where majority have always adjusted to minorotiy of vegeterians in india, from housing to other things, non vegeterians are always discriminated against. The majority of neat ewters have always been patient and understanding. In any party accodomating their needs, trying to avoid eating in front of themz etc

Dont take our patience for weakness

You eat your meat in stalls?

I think it's a display of meat ban besides restricting areas of operation going by news of other municipal corporations. I understand the restriction(s) close to a temple & such institutions, hard to justify most others. 

Blocking road traffic etc is unjustifiable for any stall or business.

Edited by Clarke

54 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Around 40% gujaratis eat non veg, Haryana, Punjab, Gujarat and Rajasthan are predominantly vegetarian states. image.png.ae75481469b23324da716d5d421353f9.png

40% is huge. Will you be ok if other states banned vegetarian only places because vegetarians are in the minority there??

No one will care if all food was banned, this is targeting only non-veg

Edited by New guy

59 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

There should be no stalls what so ever on public roads in any tier 1 or tier 2 cities, to much mayhem, noise etc, market like areas need to come where all these stalls could function together, but I bet people will try to find a religious angle to this.

We are not dumb, neither are you so stop pretending. All stalls are not banned, only non veg is. This is 100% religious and not only religious but caste angle as well, as its mostly brahmins who dont eat meat

22 minutes ago, New guy said:

We are not dumb, neither are you so stop pretending. All stalls are not banned, only non veg is. This is 100% religious and not only religious but caste angle as well, as its mostly brahmins who dont eat meat

Brahmins do eat meat and political clout in Gujarat is under the hands of Patel's and Gujarati baniyas not Brahmins, Patel's by the way are a meat eating community, so stop slandering Brahmins at all times, meat is sold in Gujarat and not banned, non veg stalls take up a lot of space, veg stalls usually are quite small, most of these stall owners are Hindus so there is no religious angle to this.

1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

Someone a while ago busted this data.  While this looks more than accurate for western India.  North India & UP is clearly wrong.  Bihar is accurate AF. 

Hinachalis including Pahadis are non vegetarians mostly & Punjabis as well.  Ladakh would be 90% non veg..  J&K as well. 

South India is predictably full of non vegetarians. 

35 minutes ago, New guy said:

40% is huge. Will you be ok if other states banned vegetarian only places because vegetarians are in the minority there??

No one will care if all food was banned, this is targeting only non-veg

Who said non veg is banned in Gujarat? 

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

True....having brought up in a beautiful city Bangalore....most of my buddies ( Kannidagas, Tamilians, Teluguites & Keralaites ) loved eating meat...mostly chicken, goat & fish.....( Gujjus & Marwaris ) were vegetarians. Christians loved beef.

In my college as well all of my South Indian friends were non veg.  Biharis were hardcore non veg lovers..  Brahmins as well. 

I didn't come across many Gujjus & Marwaris in my life so far so can't comment on their general diet. 

Perhaps central government isn't silly enough to try this stuff in Bangalore or Delhi.   They can get away with it in Gujarat. 

Respecting other human beings is good. 

Nevertheless, forcing this respect is not good. 

In Pakistan, all non-Muslims are forced to not to eat and drink for whole month of Ramadhan (fasting). Reason is that same so-called "respect". But i any non-Muslim does not show this respect, and drinks in the public, then he is firstly beaten up by the mobs, and then  by police, and then fined and sent to the prison by the law. 

But Pakistani example is extreme. As far as vegetarians are concerned, then I could imagine that it is really hard for them to see the meat. 

Edited by Alam_dar

27 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Someone a while ago busted this data.  While this looks more than accurate for western India.  North India & UP is clearly wrong.  Bihar is accurate AF. 

Hinachalis including Pahadis are non vegetarians mostly & Punjabis as well.  Ladakh would be 90% non veg..  J&K as well. 

South India is predictably full of non vegetarians. 

Up is about right, himachalis hardly eat non veg, don't mixup Hindu Punjabi party culture of Delhi to most of Punjab which is vegetarian, most Sikhs including Hindu punjabis are vegetarians due to the influence of vaishnava, Arya samaji culture, most gursikhs are vegetarians, pahadis do eat meat and animals are even sacrificed in Devi devta temples.

Edited by Mesky99

10 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Respecting other human beings is good. 

Nevertheless, forcing this respect is not good. 

In Pakistan, all non-Muslims are forced to not to eat and drink for whole month of Ramadhan (fasting). Reason is that same so-called "respect". But i any non-Muslim does not show this respect, and drinks in the public, then he is firstly beaten up by the mobs, and then  by police, and then fined and sent to the prison by the law. 

But Pakistani example is extreme. As far as vegetarians are concerned, then I could imagine that it is really hard for them to see the meat. 

Muslims take it a step further in india, every Friday major roads are blocked so therefore they can congregate together and do prayers this eventhough you find on average a mosque on other street in major cities.

36 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Brahmins do eat meat and political clout in Gujarat is under the hands of Patel's and Gujarati baniyas not Brahmins, Patel's by the way are a meat eating community, so stop slandering Brahmins at all times, meat is sold in Gujarat and not banned, non veg stalls take up a lot of space, veg stalls usually are quite small, most of these stall owners are Hindus so there is no religious angle to this.

Gujarat has significant Jain population as well... who are also vegetarians. Probably 50% of the state is vegetarian according to the infographic above. Yet its always the Brahmins who get targeted