We're losing this series

51 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think he wrong.I don't think I expect Bumrah or Shami to run thru batting lineups like Broad and Anderson did in England or Rabada , Steyn or Vernon Philander did  in SA.There is reason why Indian bowlers need to have 4 fast bowlers to take 20 wickets on any wicket.

See its high time our bowlers start showing aggression ,i remember  an interview of wasim ,where he said if srinath had the attitude of waqar he wiuld have been much more handful,take for example jensen when he was giving it up to bumrah,or elgar and van der dussen having a go at rahul and pant respectivly ,do u think virat would have stayed quiet ,sometimes u need to have a go at ur opponents,if elgar wants it tough we'll give him bloody fight,he said he takes pride in playing for his country ,as if our lads doesnt,tu koi nyara nhi aaaya bc,see that is why u need old virat ,who go full mc bc,hope team india comes out all guns blazing tommorow enough of this bullshyte they can have all the chirps ,but make sure they bloody pay for every chirps,as nasir said once u are in team not for being the nastiest block but for a no nonsense high pwrforming cricketer and i expect nothing except that,hope people now realize why tests need aggressive blokes like virat ,this is why

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

I don't think he wrong.I don't think I expect Bumrah or Shami to run thru batting lineups like Broad and Anderson did in England or Rabada , Steyn or Vernon Philander did  in SA.There is reason why Indian bowlers need to have 4 fast bowlers to take 20 wickets on any wicket.

Dint bumrah have a lot of hauls until injury 

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Dint bumrah have a lot of hauls until injury 

4 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

i had responded to him over there. 

the problem is he is comparing the impact Anderson and Broad tend to have with what Ashwin has in India where our pacers won't play as much, while also making generalizations. How is that in anyway an apples to apples comparison? I find this saf attack to be by far the least hostile one we have faced so far too but it's good enough for our batting.

Our bowling attack is class. Better than all attacks in modern times but people don't realize this is our worst ever. Like literally worst ever batting unit of all time. 

Yet we were numerous uno for 5 years. Probably 6 soon. Something Graeme smith's team couldn't even achieve. 

Think back in time and tell me I am wrong. This is our worst ever batting unit since ? The 60s? Lmao. 

I dont believe our 90s batting was weaker. We had a few players weak vs bounce but at this current moment this is by far our worst ever batting unit vs spin, swing and even bounce tbh. We can't play anything unless it's vs a kookaburra ball that dies and there is no seam movement available after 30 odd overs. 

I am starting to not rate even pant honestly. He is cashing in on an old ball, tired bowlers on a pitch that offers no movement except bounce. 

Perhaps our poor batting can be attributed to the introduction of IPL and lack of practice tour games. However we do have A tours. Why couldn't we just pick a few players from there who actually did well vs s.africa A. Same Jansen who debuted vs us played vs India A. India A actually handled him pretty well. Kishan tonked him around.

3 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

See its high time our bowlers start showing aggression ,i remember  an interview of wasim ,where he said if srinath had the attitude of waqar he wiuld have been much more handful,take for example jensen when he was giving it up to bumrah,or elgar and van der dussen having a go at rahul and pant respectivly ,do u think virat would have stayed quiet ,sometimes u need to have a go at ur opponents,if elgar wants it tough we'll give him bloody fight,he said he takes pride in playing for his country ,as if our lads doesnt,tu koi nyara nhi aaaya bc,see that is why u need old virat ,who go full mc bc,hope team india comes out all guns blazing tommorow enough of this bullshyte they can have all the chirps ,but make sure they bloody pay for every chirps,as nasir said once u are in team not for being the nastiest block but for a no nonsense high pwrforming cricketer and i expect nothing except that,hope people now realize why tests need aggressive blokes like virat ,this is why

We were aggressive vs england and Australia.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:12 PM, urbestfriend said:

Looks like Bumrah and Shami are off color

Siraj down 

Ishant coming in and we know he is past his prime..

Purane are destined to fail in last test after reasonable performance in second test..

Pant hit and miss

Elgar is in prime form 

Pieterson and RVD are back to form 

Difficult to dislodge Buvama 

I dont see how can we win the last match..This series is goner for the good..

Rahane failed yet again, and Pant too..

Now just see our bowling getting treated  by the likes of Elgar and co..

Hope Umesh proves shows his skills,  I have no hope on tired Shami and boom..

If we can get them out below 300, we may have a chance ..

1 hour ago, urbestfriend said:

Rahane failed yet again, and Pant too..

Now just see our bowling getting treated  by the likes of Elgar and co..

Hope Umesh proves shows his skills,  I have no hope on tired Shami and boom..

If we can get them out below 300, we may have a chance ..

Dangerman facking Elgar goneeeee, a50 run lead will be handy in this 3- day test where SA will bat again in I4

On 1/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, vvvslaxman said:

In the 2000s our batting gave a lot of large total cushions, But we criticized our bowlers not being able to exploit it. Not entirely their fault as we often played only 4 bowlers and 7 batsmen. But they could have forced the issue in some matches. Here we are a team that bowled out a side under 200 , eleven times we still have issue with them. Even the tests we won were due to batting of lower order.  If our bowling was genuinely bad we probably will be ranked 5th or 6th not 1st.  Indian bowlers have achieved some fairy tale stuffs in recent times. Don't South Africans realize they got bowled out under 200 twice in the last test? And SA bowling was thrashed around by Srilankan batters? Sh** happens.  If your batting fails not even the world's ATG attack can do much. 

When did our batting give large total cushions on spicy wickets? They could not handle Asif on pitch with some green.Indian bowlers even then did their jobs on wickets with some life. They could not do much on flat tracks.

15 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

As expected, it is moronic to go with 3 batters + 3 deadwoods, needed a solid batter at 7 to have any chance to compete..What worries me is bolwers choking and not able to defend mid level score..275 lead also not defendable here or in Johannesburg. 

Playing 5 bowlers with a weak batting attack was suicidal particularly considering your tailenders are also poor bats.