Man Lynched By Mob Of 150 In Jharkhand For Cutting 'Holy Tree': Police

Singh bling

7 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/mob-of-150-lynch-man-in-jharkhand-for-cutting-religiously-associated-tree-2689325

Now where are people which were beating their chest when lynchings happened in Punjab. It looks like people are ok as long lynchers are Hindu . It's not even a news or matter of discussion.

1. It seems like you are scourging the internet for any incidents of mob lynching done by hindus to prove your whataboutery agenda

2. If you are comparing a goddamn tree to the Harmandir Sahib then I have no words for you... in a country of billions every small town or village story like this will make the front news unlike an incident in the Golden Temple which is a very significant religious place. The accused and victims are both Hindus unlike in Golden temple most likely the accused was a Hindu and the same in Kapurthala where the boy was a mentally challenged Hindu... the reason it got more coverage was these lynchings took a nasty turn probably down to the background of the accused.

3. Who are 'these people' you are referring to that are ok with hindus lynching? The rule of law applies to these bastards too, the should be arrested and tried for murder the same way the gundas in the gurdwara who did the same need to be. Coming to a forum which has an 'active' user base of maybe 40-50 at a given point, you have done well to extrapolate the views here to represent entire 700 million hindus in the country- many of which will never condone senseless stuff like this.

@LordPrabhzy already made all the points. OP is falsely equating the crime of a so-called ST/adivasi community to a community of superior knowledge and enlightenment. Even then the police is involved in the later case, but the SGPC police who did the lynching in the GT go without any questions asked by the country’s law

This tree has religious importance for the Munda community and they are very sentimental about it”

Edited by coffee_rules

Sad incidence ... Do we know why the trees (what was age of the trees?) were cut in the first place (to spite the community?)? And why no action was taken by the police (did the trees belong to the deceased person)?  

Edited by zen

30 minutes ago, zen said:

Sad incidence ... Do we know why the trees (what was age of the trees?) were cut in the first place (to spite the community?)? And why no action was taken by the police (did the trees belong to the deceased person)?  

38 people booked for this crime. The trees were in the forest. How many were booked in Punjab killings despite video evidence?

Jharkhand: 38 booked for lynching 35-year-old over felling t .. 

The deceased is allegedly a Maoist, some other reason like an old strife in the killing could be the reason 

Edited by coffee_rules

7 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

38 people booked for this crime. The trees were in the forest. How many were booked in Punjab killings despite video evidence?

Jharkhand: 38 booked for lynching 35-year-old over felling t .. 

My question was about why no action was taken on those who cut the trees (cut in Oct 2021 iirc)? 

I understand that some action would be taken against the mob (and should be taken against those who did such things in Punjab as well) 

Edited by zen

4 hours ago, zen said:

My question was about why no action was taken on those who cut the trees (cut in Oct 2021 iirc)? 

I understand that some action would be taken against the mob (and should be taken against those who did such things in Punjab as well) 

Forest dept had raided his house in Oct 2021 and seized illegally cut  wood. He was out on bail

10 hours ago, Singh bling said:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/mob-of-150-lynch-man-in-jharkhand-for-cutting-religiously-associated-tree-2689325

Now where are people which were beating their chest when lynchings happened in Punjab. 

Here we are ,as prabhzy rightly said u are making a false equvilant, a guy of same community vs guy of different community,one guys death rightly condemened ,while in others be adbi aa gyi

On 1/8/2022 at 6:38 PM, zen said:

People worship a neem, peepal andsome banyan tree in Rural India. Infact even semi urban regions of India use designed Peepal tree  (sacred fig) as passage and part of final rituals.  Hundreds of millions of Indian believe that “Ghant” on “Peepal tree (baansdev Maharaj)”  is only religious path into next life so why would a person suddenly decide to cut that tree used by generations.

^ just to add, even cutting branches of mango tree is not culturally  acceptable. I am proud of a culture which provides cultural social and religious protection to trees. Industrial/city waste desecrate Holy Ganga river too as people have no option. That does not mean we shouldn’t strive towards purifying Ganga water.